Universal Little Inferno HD - (by Tomorrow Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 30, 2013.

1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

If the pc version is any indication it really is. The game, despite its simple look is quite beautiful and is oozing with charm. The gameplay is more than peculiar but reflects on our society and the way we live. It's also brutally bleak.

Treat that as an experience more than a game and prepare to be amazed :)

2. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    I've just found out about this game, since it is iPad only i decided to look it up for pc and what do you know it's 33% off on steam ooo happy day :D

Still it would be nice to have a pocket ver. of it :)

Have fun

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I wonder if any of the developers were pyromaniacs as children...:p

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... and it could bring out the pyromaniacs in each and everyone of us, especially for those who havent discovered this part of themselves yet. :D

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I still am, it's about the only thing that keeps me coming back to this topic :p

Thanks Sanuku for the video. I think this may just have enough to interact with, explore and figure out to interest me. Reading four words of text at a time is pretty annoying though.

6. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    How much is this game coming out at? Says $4.99 on the front page of this forum but .99c when mentioned on other sites (which sounds a bit more reasonable).

7. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    "A bit"?! I'm not even sure I'll like the game yet, but realistically $4.99 is reasonable for almost anything. I would charge $0.99 for something that took me ten minutes to build, for something of this scale it's way beyond a steal.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    If you're talking about Slide to Play, the initial Little Inferno link that was posted actually took you to Banana Kong which is $0.99. That was changed, but the price probably wasn't.

Also no offense, but seriously..."sounds a bit more reasonable"?

9. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Sorry - I know $4.99 is good value for a quality, console-like game, but this game just looks to me more like the 99c type games on the AppStore - which is not to say that it's badly made or rushed or anything, just a quick pick up and p,ay type game - most of which come out at 99c/69p.

But then I'm still a bit confused as to where the gameplay is in this - apart from just watching various things burn. I'm hoping to be proven wrong...

10. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    I don't know what this is. I watched the first minute of the video, saw the fire and saw from the designers of World of God. Then I heard the delightful music and was sold. I don't want to spoil the experience so I'm just gonna play it tmrw. Looks very interesting. I VERY EXCITE!

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #31 metalcasket, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    Well, I've just had 20 minutes with the game (refused to watch past 30 seconds of Sanuku's video) and well...you're gonna be disappointed. There really isn't any "gameplay" (other than guessing combos) and you indeed do watch as things burn.

And yet, here it is...my "Game of the Week". Shockingly beautiful. Mesmerizing. Mysterious. I love it. I could probably sit here all week long listening to the gentle crackle of things as they burn. Except for batteries of course.

12. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    #32 MidianGTX, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    Now I'm just torn. I'd rather spend money on something with gameplay, but I do love fire. I suppose I could get SlotZ Racer 2 and burn something on my desk while I play :p

13. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Some things don't fit in a category. This is a console/Wii U game and carries that price. Actually, it's 1/3rd the price it was on the Wii ($15) and we are getting a stupidly awesome deal. Even on the steam sale, it's $10.

This isn't a $0.99 game. Look at the quickly produced dollar games out there, this is well more than that. For example, many console games at $60 are only 5 hours long, does that make then poor games? Not in any way. World of goo was $10 when it launched and was a more defined and clear game, with more play time... But it's a different game with different gameplay and it's just... Different.

I don't know how to explain it. The whole "meh it's only worth a dollar". It just really frustrates me, no one says this stuff about the same games in any other game store. The App Store mentality needs to change, or these games will cease to exist.

14. macrumoruser

macrumoruser New Member

Sep 4, 2012
    A beautiful game. Can't believe its €3.99 when I paid €12.99 on Wii U for it :rolleyes:

Play the game with headphones people. The interesting story bits come from your interactions with those you can't see. (Don't want to give any spoilers).

15. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I've been watching Sanuku's video for 15 minutes and feel just as lost.

16. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    It's easy, you burn stuff. :D it stops people like me from setting fire to my home :rolleyes:
    Can't wait, only 15mins to go.

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    My initial impressions may have been a little bit off. There's something very dark, disturbing and twisted here. *grins*

18. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Great to hear! I love it when a developer goes out of their way to not only create a game, but also an unforgettable experience. Games like Sword and Sworcery and The Walking Dead are perfect examples of that. There's more to games than just the core gameplay. If a game can make me feel a certain way or think a certain way, then the developers have done a phenomenal job, and that's definitely what I'm expecting from Little Inferno.

19. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Personally I think we need a new word to describe games that aren't big on gameplay. They split the community to the extent that they're clearly not the same kind of thing. Somebody who loves games can quite easily find nothing of value in them. Not that I hate them period, but I'm in a different mindset when I buy and play them.

20. PureRumble

PureRumble Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Oh let me try lemme try lemmetry!

I. Dont. Ipad!

See, not so hard :p