Lost my game data…

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Danny84, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Danny84

Danny84 Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I have recently been playing a certain game, Bounce On, and I finished it the other day. I hadn't realized it had Plus+ support, so I tried logging in. This reset all my game data. Is there a way to get it back? I do have a jailbroken iPod, so if you know a method using iFile or something that is fine. Any help is appreciated!
    -Danny

2. Xapped

Xapped Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Sorry, I don't think there's a way.

3. Danny84

Danny84 Member

Mar 21, 2010
    :(
    Thanks anyway

4. koyut

koyut Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Unfortunately there is non. But you could prevent this happening in the future. Try backing up your save games. I usually do this for games that takes hours to finish. I use funbox to access the application folders. Restoring is almost the same as backing up, just make sure permissions are in place.

5. Danny84

Danny84 Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Okay, I'll do that in the future

6. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    whats in your documents folder of the app folder

7. wossname

wossname Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    iOS app dev
    Arizona
    This is why every game should sync save states to the cloud. I hope more devs do this in the future with companies like openfeint and plus+. It would be super swell if apples own game center had this ability.

8. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Just use appbackup; it automates the process. And to the OP, copy your entire documents folder to somewhere else, reinstall the app, and the replace the empty documents folder with the old one. It might do the trick.