Jelly Defense: Tips and Strategies Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ArturID, Sep 28, 2011.

1. ArturID

ArturID Well-Known Member

Let The Defense Begin! Can’t pass the level? Need one more "perfect"? Have a favorite tower? Post your strategy here!

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Well what I can say is that always remember to have towers in the end of the level just in case some get through!

3. GSnyder

GSnyder Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Looks great, Artur! It's not in the U.S. store yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Congratulations on the release.

Maybe I'm just keying off the claymation style, but the music in the trailer reminds me pretty strongly of Terry Scott Taylor's awesome score for The Neverhood. I assume it's an intentional homage - is it TST himself, by any chance?

4. ArturID

We love Neverhood - it was great title but no, Terry Scott Taylor didn't write the song or be an inspiration. We meet very talented artist here in Poland which creates such awesome stuff.

5. ArturID

What about a favorite towers? Do you have one?

6. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    I really like the blue electric tower so far. Seems to be really effective against big groups. I still have a few more towers to discover but DAMN this is fun :)

7. ArturID

Good to know, we love the animation for electric tower :)

8. tafkap777

tafkap777 New Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Fun game...

I don't know about you guys, but I end up only using the basic red and blue tower. By the time I see what the next set of enemies is, it's often times too late to sell one set of towers in order to build a more appropriate set. I seem to have the best luck simply filling in all of the spots with the red and blue tower and then upgrading them as I'm able...but upgrading only when all of the spots are filled.

It's still a fun game, but I'm only using one tower. It would be much better if it would allow you to pause the game while you sold existing towers and built new ones.

Am I alone on this? Anyone have any useful strategies that work for you?

9. Sekh

Sekh New Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Creamy wilderness

This level is really bugging me. I try my best to get the piggybank right at the start to get some compound interest going but I can never seem to save up enough to keep the current enemies dead and to buy and research better towers for the huge waves at the end. Does anyone have any tips for this level before I go crazy?

10. JJay

JJay Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Secrets

I'd like to know more about the secrets in the game. Does each level have one? What are some of the secrets you've found?

11. ArturID

Piggybank is very good choice :)

12. Shankopotamus

Shankopotamus Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    How many towers are there in this game? Are there just the 3; blue, red, and mixed?

13. ArturID

10 Towers - Which level you reached so far?

14. Shankopotamus

Mar 28, 2011
    I don't have the game yet. I have been holding off because it looked like there was only 3 haha. So, do you get 10 to choose from and use 3 of them during each game, or can you use all ten at the same time?

15. Shankopotamus

Mar 28, 2011
    Also, does anyone know when the sale ends? I can't purchase it right now, but might later if it stays cheap.

16. Skinut85

Skinut85 New Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Secrets

Also interested in the secrets- may help out with the tight budget...

Found out that the houses with glowing light let you click them. They'll explode and leave a box. Have not figured out how to retrieve the box though... Pls advise

17. ArturID

There is "research center" where you must develop towers on each level but basically you can use all of them during play.

There is no exact date but don’t wait too long, sale will end soon.

18. ArturID

We already submitted two updates to Apple. First small update will fix few small problems like retina. Second BIG update will include improvements for:

- New fast-forward button.
    - Easy collecting coins model (auto coins collector is out)
    - Drop prices for inventing towers and build towers with special abilities.
    - Secret feature which will be revealed later.

19. darioslzr

darioslzr Well-Known Member

May 31, 2011
    Frosting Immensity is very very difficult.. :O

20. gnome9er

gnome9er Active Member

Jun 21, 2010
    bum
    langley
    whats this about inventing a tower? i see the achievement but all my towers are discovered, arent they?