Touch Control RPG

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by pseick, Feb 14, 2010.

1. pseick

pseick New Member

Feb 14, 2010
    I just got an ipod touch and have been playing Inotia 2 and Heavy mech 2.

I really like the touch control vaguely RTS feel of guiding the characters.
    So far, the games controlled by onscreen d-pad have been super annoying to me.

What other games, specifically RPGs, have the option of directing the character via touch, like Inotia 2? :confused:

2. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    Inotia 1, Dungeon Hunter, Underworlds.

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Welcome to Touch Arcade. Another good choice is 2360: Battle for Cydonia. If you like rogue-likes, you may want to check out Sword of Fargoal.

By the way, next time you should start this kind of thread in the Game Discussion section.

4. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    Different type of game this but if no one has already told you about it try ELISS. It is the best example of a multi-touch game on the platform I.M.H.O. I've bought tons of igames over the past 12 months and still love it.

5. aquatic

aquatic Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Professional Game Tester
    WA, USA
    This is in the wrong section, should be in game discussion but check out Zenonia which totally rocks and can't wait for number 2 which should not be too far away.

6. pseick

pseick New Member

Feb 14, 2010
    quick response!

Taanks for the quick response.

I'll be checking those out when I get out of work. 2360 looks cool, as does dungeon hunter. For some reason, I just cannot get behind the dpad.

Sorry about posting in the wrong section...

Patrick

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It's not for everyone (dpads, I mean). Personally, I have no problems with them as long as they're responsive and fairly accurate -- not always the case.

If you like HM2, you should get a kick out of 2360.

8. nightbeaver

nightbeaver Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    just curious, why is this thread under new releases. heh and been here for awhile :):confused:

9. pseick

pseick New Member

Feb 14, 2010
    great answers

picked up 2360 and the full version of inotia 2. 2360 is a great game. Can't believe it's on the iphone. Really has the physicality of an old mech game, very close in feel to mech commander, though much more streamlined as a game. That and Inotia 2 really have expanded my idea of what's on the system. Inotia 1, however... really sucks.

Oh well!

I really like the forum, it was good to stumble upon toucharcade.