Pocket heroes on iphone

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by dvddisk, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dvddisk

dvddisk Member

May 13, 2009
    Palm Heroes is a fantasy turn-based strategy (TBS) with elements of a role-playing game (RPG). The game is quite complex and can be divided in two parts: the development part and the fighting part. The first one involves raising a castle n order to recruit creatures. For doing this you need resources and gold that you gather from terrain or mines. In order to advance in the game and reveal the territory, youÂ’ll have to fight against monsters and other players. You can do this by giving armies to your heroes and going into enemiesÂ’ land. A skilled tactician will have to know the timing for development and fighting, as this is crucial for winning.

Heroes are very important in the game. As they gain experience, they advance in skills and stats. They can cast spells during battles and carry artifacts. Managing heroes and everything involving them represent the RPG part of the game. Most of the times having a good hero means winning the game.

What we're up to? Well, the idea is very simple. You need an iphone version, and we can make it. The game will be FREE with no lite versions, ads, donation reminders - literally FREE.

But the development takes much time and effort, and it is hard work. So we encourage you to donate for the iphone version. When the required sum is collected, the game will be released to the App Store.

Why free? All best iphone apps are free. And Palm Heroes will be among them. PDA users, don't get upset and jealous: we've got a very nice treat for you too. Just have a little patience.

We have no plans on making profit on the iphone version. Money is needed to develop it.

Eager to help us? The donation page is here: http://www.palmheroes.com/iphone

We would also appreciate help from experienced iphone programmers. Contact me if you're interested to help with the code.

we've successfully launched PH on the iphone simulator! Click on the thumbnail to see the image in full size and color!

[​IMG][/URL]

absolutely new interface will be used and multi-touch as well

And here a "live" video of the game on my i-touch:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ba4gMkaIl4

2. eloquent

eloquent Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    uhh, looks interesting Oo

3. antonioj

antonioj Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Indeed, very interesting...

But the interface could use a bit more work...seems to much pocket pc style (stylus based), and less iphone-ish

4. shap08

shap08 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    Manchester United FAN!
    Australia-DownUnder
    Did i see resources..............*faint* If this is anything like Age of Empires im am all over it. Like if you can collect resources like food,wood,gold etc this would be sweet. And build up an army. This is the game my ipod touch is praying for!:D

5. dvddisk

dvddisk Member

May 13, 2009
  6. dvddisk

dvddisk Member

May 13, 2009
    To antonioj, read all text:) absolutely new interface will be used and multi-touch as well

7. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Oh my... that looks quite interesting. Something that can be absolutely possible on my iPhone! Looks really nice if you just started on it. Congratz!

8. Beezle

Beezle Active Member

Apr 25, 2009
    This is not like 'Age of Empires' (which is RTS) but it looks like a Heroes of Might and Magic III port (which is turn-based).

This would be awesome.

9. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    For those who haven't quite gleaned it by the screen shots, game description or name yet, this is indeed a Pocket PC clone of Heroes Of Might & Magic. Thankfully, it's a very well done one. I think it will make a nice addition to the growing stable of iPhone strategy games.

10. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #10 GodSon, May 13, 2009
    Last edited: May 13, 2009

If it ends up looking and playing anything like that youtube clip then i will be very impressed. I look forward to seeing this game in the hopefully near future. :D

11. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Will be keeping my eye out on this one, that's for sure...

12. dvddisk

dvddisk Member

May 13, 2009
    Sorry, but we are need for dotnate for develop it, because this game will be free for all.

13. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Is the game complete at this point or still being developed?

If it's complete then you should put it on the appstore for 99 cents with the first lines of the description stating how it will be free as soon as the development costs are done and how they can donate more if they would like.

You can even have a page ingame that talks about the donation.

You'll get much more exposure than this forum and it makes early adopters that don't want to donate still contribute something. Once they have the game on their device and see the quality and care that went into it they are far more likely to donate (myself included)

Just my thoughts though

I really want to see this come out

14. dvddisk

dvddisk Member

May 13, 2009
    Game complete for Winmob, now we want port it for iPhone, but need dotnate for programmer's food:)
    If you interested go on official site www.palmheroes.com

P.S. GAME WILL BE FREE in appstore.

15. GBX

GBX Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!! HEROES OF MIGHT N MAGIC ON IPHONE??? I WOULD PAY MONEY FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I don't really think a port would be very playable with fingers..Look how precise the touches need to be. I'd imagine controls would be a nightmare w/o stylus.

16. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #16 GodSon, May 13, 2009
    I completely agree if this is the case as well. I would gladly contribute .99c or more if based on the 2nd vid if the gameplay is like that and in the app store or some how on my iTouch. No disrespect but I don't know you well enough to donate with possibly nothing in return...

17. MojoArcanus

MojoArcanus Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Uhhhh...not sure where you've been, but that's not how it works. If we "donate" money, then it's not free, now is it? Also, as it was said earlier, we have no idea who you are or anything. My initial gut-reaction screams SCAM!!!
    :mad:

18. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    Yeah, looks like a ripoff of HOMAM3, the greatest stragtegy game ever, possibly. I'll have to check it out.

19. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    How about you make the game $.99 instead of asking for donation? Simple.

20. dvddisk

dvddisk Member

May 13, 2009
    #20 dvddisk, May 13, 2009
    You must not to pay,donate or not it's only yours choice, this is help from you, but i know what you will download the game first!when we release it, it will be free,and DON'T SCREAM,please