The Avengers

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Apr 26, 2012.

1. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Four more days 'till the Avengers hits the US!!!

2. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    great year for summer movies!

3. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    It was quite good, I thought—and the potential for this concept to become the most laughable garbage was huge! Not an easy bullet to dodge, I would think. Joss Whedon has a way of making me appreciate things that otherwise bore me SO badly, from vampire-slaying to comic book movies.

It probably helped that I had already seen the Thor and Captain America films—which were just “OK.” Those two characters have maximum potential to just seem incredibly silly, but with some back story I accepted them. Especially Captain America’s ridiculous outfit, like something from a musical stage show in the 40s! Well, that was explained in his earlier movie—it WAS something from a musical stage show in the 40s. And the character himself didn’t like that. Clever way to make the super-cheesy seem slightly less cheesy.

If I saw the Avengers cold without seeing any prequels, it could have seemed a bit cheesier... but no less fun. Even the action scenes (in other words, most of the movie!) were great, and I have little patience for the soulless action they churn out these days.

I even knew to stay to the very end and see both little added credits scenes.

4. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Has anyone seen this is DBOX seats? Is it worth it?

Is there an after-credits scene?

5. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    I saw one movie with DBOX seats (the latest Pirates of the Caribbean) and they just felt really distracting. The theater near me puts them in this weird corner in a big glass box and the whole thing just took me out of the movie. I wouldn't recommend them.

Also, this a Marvel movie, there are always videos after the credits. This time, however, there are 2.

6. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Two, one 30 seconds after the movie, then one after the full 4 minutes of credits. I missed the 2nd one, had to see it online.

7. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

I stayed for both last week but the second wasnt in yet. I hadnt even heard of it but just knowing the marvel films and Joss I thought there might be a second. I was sort of right.

8. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Just got done watching it for the 2nd time. Going to see again in a few days.

The Dark Knight Rises has some competition.

9. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    what 2 scenes?
    The after credits scene is the one with Thanos right? Or is there something else?

10. amaya0590

amaya0590 Member

May 5, 2012
    They have dragged the story though i love Robert Downey jr

11. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    There's a second video where
    they're all eating "Shawarma"

12. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Saw this yesterday and it was much better than I thought it was going to be. The theater I saw it at had like half of their screens playing it. The Hulk is freaking hilarious-
    It's so funny when he grabs Loki and swings him into the ground a few times, says puny god, and leaves Loki whimpering

13. walsh06

You dont find it odd that you found it hilarious??

14. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Nope. Everyone in the theater was laughing. Or is there something I'm missing?

15. walsh06

That's the thing, everyone laughed. But it was a very brutal beating. For instance how many laughed during the beating in Drive. It shows how much context can change how you take a scene.

16. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Can't wait to see this, it's getting amazing reviews

17. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Lol!!! That was hilarious!!
    Or when Hulk randomly punches Thor!!

18. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    sure it was brutal but it was not graphic and it was obviously meant to be comical and funny, not disturbing. why would it be odd to find it funny when it was meant to be? :p

19. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Yeah. I like how the entire film didn't take itself too seriously. It had a lot of tongue-in-cheek dialogue. Definitely in my top 10 films!

Still think Cap's helmet made him look like an idiot, though... :/

20. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    #40 tygamr, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
    Yeah, especially with the little wing graphics on the side.
    Cap didn't seem to do much except lead the Avengers (which Stark was doing as well). I just remember him taking down a few badies and getting hurt in the end.