Universal Judge Dredd: Countdown Sector 106 - (by Tin Man Games) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Aug 1, 2012.

1. TheTinMan

TheTinMan Well-Known Member

Just wanted to jump on to this thread and thank you all for your wonderful feedback! This has been a labour of love for us for the past 8 months, so it's great to hear so many nice things.

If you have purchased it - thank you! :) If you have a moment please rate and/or write a small review on the app store, because if we get a good enough response then we may be able to do a second!

Enjoy the gamebook!

The Tin Man

2. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    This comment has just made me feel so old:)

3. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Yeah, I had to stop myself on that one and realize not only how old I have gotten but it as well, how niche it is [it was a British comic published under various publishers so for us U.S folks who got the imports and redistributes under different publisher, it was still a smallish but loyal fanbase], and so on! Even with the crappy Stallone movie not many people seem to know about Judge Dredd and unfortunately I think it did more harm then good! Well at least the new movie [Entitled "DREDD" with Karl Urban]looks like a more faithful representation of the character! And IDW just announced they are launching Judge Dredd again with some new writing talent and artist team that look to have a good handle on the universe! I honestly am looking forward to all of it! Between this book, new comics and the new movie, I need to dig out my collection and reread some old issues! Lots of Dredd love going around lately!

As for the game book, it is awesome, the improvements are noted and feel right, and the writing is spot on. If any felt slightly let down by Infinite Universe [GB8] they should surely look to this as a worthy redeemer and dare I say, better book than even their older stuff too! I can't recommend it more, and even more so for the non fan as the setting is so interesting and stark that it just makes for good writing!

4. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Hey I'm old too, I was just never into comics or Stalone. :)

5. drloony

drloony Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Well I'm not old yet, I don't think, getting there at least, but loving this app. Sad to say I haven't read a book or even a comic in a few years, but this was an excellent place to start. The writing was immersive and the interactive nature of it is allot of fun. Its not a video game per say but deffinately holds it's own. A bit pricey maybe but a worthy purchase for anyone willing to put the time in. I hope another sale comes soon cause I'd love a chance to grab the collection at bit lower price. I'll be springing for their new releases for sure, can't wait.

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I started off with one book then ended up getting all of them and ne'er looked back. The way I usually look at the price is "well it's less than an actual book, or a magazine that I'd throw away" so if you like the gamebooks there a pretty easy purchase to justify.

7. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Thanks for impressions. Looks like I am going to have to get this. I was a huge Judge Dredd and 2000AD fan back in the day. It's funny now remembering reading those comics back in the late 70's/early 80's wondering what would the year 2000 bring:)

8. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    #28 tblrsa, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
    As a purchaser of prior works from Tin Man Games I´ve snagged this too, as the futuristic setting is a bit more appealing to me overall. You Guys basically said it all already: The writing is top notch in this, the sound adds to the atmosphere and I´ve encountered no bugs thus far. Besides, the absence of IAP is always a plus for me.

Bought and rated 5 Stars in the Austrian App Store. Keep em coming!

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    If you liked Judge Dredd then make sure you checkout Tin Man's other Gamebook Adventures, i've got all of them (can tell i'm a bit of a fan !). So happy hes got the Fighting Fantasy rights now, looking forward to those in the near future

10. verlaine

verlaine Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    #30 verlaine, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
    Awesome :D Snagged a copy of this a few days ago and have just about unlocked every achievement.

Unfortunately, I might have come across a bug. There's one picture I can't seem to unlock even though I always see it on subsequent playthroughs
    Goldbling's Dispute

There's also another (possible) bug which allowed me to easily complete the game on my first (or was it the second?) playthrough :p
    I only had the incomplete blueprints, but the game thought that I had the annotated diagram. I was also allowed to choose the option about having neither document. The final crucial roll also allowed me to choose any option -- even if I didn't make the required total

By the way, does anybody know how to get the perp rap sheet for
    Jonas Tuko?

11. Nick Robinson

Nick Robinson New Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Glad you like the game! I have informed those who need to know about the issues you have highlighted to see if they are aware of them and if a fix is on the way/has been done.

12. sync99

sync99 New Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Awesome! I have 2 perps, 3 pics and 4 achievements remaining.. You've given me hope of getting them except that one image you mentioned.

13. TheTinMan

TheTinMan Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback. As pointed out we've had a couple of small bugs that have crept in.

The ending bug mentioned by 'verlaine' will be fixed in the next update and the Goldblings picture bug will be fixed in the update after that.

Many thanks again for your support!

The Tin Man

14. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Argh. Just tried to do some cool sounding move where I was going to slide though a group of perps, take them out and keep going! But unfortunately I failed the dice roll and ended up dead. :eek:
    Try again another day.

15. kylelitke

kylelitke New Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Lots of fun! I'm missing a few things that I just can't find (I also can't find
    Jonas Tuko
    even though I thought I went everywhere, since I already beat the game and am playing through it again to find everything with the 50 bookmarks...also missing the Hang On!, Goldblings Dispute which I see is a bug, and Surprised Punk pictures, and the Record Finder, Art Heist, Easy Rider, and Stick to the Brief achievements...I just can't figure out which area I've missed), but overall it's a lot of fun.

16. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    http://www.zenfar.com
    Judge Dredd

You gotta love Judge Dredd, I hope more adventures are coming that we will see Judge Death at some point, gotta get this one for the iPad.

17. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Never tried a game book by Tin Man Games. I also have no clue who or what Judge Dredd is :)eek:), so is this worth the price based on the gameplay?

18. Nick Robinson

Nick Robinson New Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I like to think so, but as the writer I'm biased.

Tin Man has a page with a lot of reviews of the game, these vary from the game being okay, to very good, to being full of awesome sauce (again, for some reason, I prefer the latter). Also the App store customer reviews has the game hovering between 4 and 5 stars out of five from some 30+ gamers. Reviews can be found here:

http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=2423

19. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    ** Movie Promotion 33% OFF **

$3.99!

20. I say go for it. It's well-made, and TMG's other gamebooks are good as standalone adventures even if Dredd isn't your thing. Personally, I reccomend Revenant Rising, it was my favourite. ;)