Hero Generations: ReGen (By Heart Shaped Games) Strategy RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by HeartShapedGames, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeartShapedGames

HeartShapedGames Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Game Developer
    #1 HeartShapedGames, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    UPDATE: Hero Generations is being released tomorrow (8/18)!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

We're super excited to share our new game, Hero Generations: ReGen, with you! The game is based off our Steam game Hero Generations. After an outpouring from our players and other devs to create a mobile version of the game, we decided to do just that.

[​IMG]

ReGen will be similar to Hero Generations in that every step you take is one year of your life. Exploring, crafting, building, finding a mate, and having a child are paramount to starting a new generation and continuing your legacy. But, this won't be just a port. We've taken a hard look at all the feedback we received from the first version and are integrating it into ReGen.

Here's what the new game will feature:
    - A giant overworld to explore, all viewed through a new dynamic camera.
    - Blazing fast frame rate, high resolution artwork, beautiful lighting and particle effects, and smooth character animations.
    - All new user interface redesigned from the ground up for touch-screens.
    - Tons of new items, traits, buildings, characters and quests, including a brand new end-game, generational events, and final boss.
    - Daily Challenge Mode and leaderboards.

This is still a work in progress and will update you as we go! We just streamed our first play through yesterday. You can find that on Twitch here. We don't have a release date yet, but will update as soon as we do! We'll also be reaching out at some point for testers.

Stay in touch with us on Twitter for all the latest developments. You can also email us at [email protected]. More details about the game and our company can be found on our presskit.

Thanks for your support!
    Heart Shaped Games Team

2. HeartShapedGames

Apr 6, 2016
    Game Developer
    Hero Generations: ReGen Development Update

Hey Guys! Hero Generations: ReGen development is coming along nicely. We finished overhauling the UI (comparison screenshot below). We're now working on getting all the higher res artwork into the game, AI, and implementing all the different systems. Apologies for the crappy GIF quality, but hopefully you get the idea. Let me know what you think!

Battle Screen UI Update:
    [​IMG]

Town System:
    [​IMG]

Dragon Boss AI:
    [​IMG]

Dragon Boss:
    [​IMG]

Town System:

3. HeartShapedGames

Apr 6, 2016
    Game Developer
    Development for Hero Generations: ReGen is humming along. The game is roughly past code complete, and we're now working towards getting all of the new and existing game content in place. Now that the game is further along in development, I'm excited to say we've set a tentative release timeline of August 2016! Mark your calendars.

We're also looking for beta testers, across all platforms! If you're interested, please email us at [email protected] and let us know which devices/operating systems you have. If you're selected, we'll send a follow-up email in a few weeks with details on how you can get access to the beta build and send us feedback.

Below are a couple of new screenshots. Please let us know what you think!

Thank you from the team at Heart Shaped Games!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Kedens

Kedens Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Graphic Design/Illustration
    Rochester, NY
    Looks very interesting, sent beta request by email.

5. HeartShapedGames

Apr 6, 2016
    Game Developer
    Thanks, Kedens!

6. HeartShapedGames

Apr 6, 2016
    Game Developer
    Update #3 | New Screenshots & Localization

We're very close to opening up the game to testers, press, and others. We've added a bunch of new content to the game and are hoping to finish up our save game system this week. Below are some new screenshots of the Volcano World.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Call for Fan Translators for Hero Generations: ReGen

We’re looking for fans to help us translate the text in Hero Generations: ReGen to a variety of languages. Any and all levels of contribution are welcomed - from translating all text, to simply helping edit and proofread other’s translations when you have time. We have a google spreadsheet setup where you view and comment on the translations in progress:

View the Localization Google Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mZXjgXyXK3dJLDwZRRy-T2_cxsDKmaezlYF_u-reMUw/edit#gid=0

To Edit: Contact me at [email protected] with your name and the language(s) you want to help with and I will give you access to edit the sheet, along with further directions.

Rewards: For your time, we’ll give Translators that contribute meaningful changes the following rewards:
    - Free iOS or Android version of Hero Generations: ReGen
    - Free Steam copy of Hero Generations: ReGen
    - Free Steam copy of HG1: Collector’s Edition (includes Soundtrack and Art Book PDF)
    - Credit in the game as a translator

Thanks in advance your help!
    Kate
    Heart Shaped Games

Attached Files:

7. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Looks incredible I sent a request to beta test :)

8. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Wow this looks awesome!

9. HeartShapedGames

Apr 6, 2016
    Game Developer
    Hi All - We're starting our Beta Testing today! If anyone else is interested please reach out. We're starting with Android users first, then rolling out from there. When you reach out, please let me know which device you'd be testing on. [email protected]

Help Finishing Localization (Chinese)

We’re also looking for fans to help us finish translating the text in Hero Generations: ReGen. At this point, we mainly need help with Chinese translations. Any and all levels of contribution are welcomed - from translating all text, to simply helping edit and proofread other’s translations when you have time. We have a google spreadsheet setup where you view and comment on the translations in progress:

View the Localization Google Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mZXjgXyXK3dJLDwZRRy-T2_cxsDKmaezlYF_u-reMUw/edit?usp=sharing

To Edit: Contact me at [email protected] with your name and the language(s) you want to help with and I will give you access to edit the sheet, along with further directions.

Rewards: For your time, we’ll give Translators that contribute meaningful changes the following rewards:
    - Free iOS or Android version of Hero Generations: ReGen
    - Free Steam copy of Hero Generations: ReGen
    - Free Steam copy of HG1: Collector’s Edition (includes Soundtrack and Art Book PDF)
    - Credit in the game as a translator

10. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I am going to be traveling when this comes out, so selfishly wish this were releasing a bit sooner :D

11. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    I am loving this game! This is such a unique concept mixing roguelike/strategy. This is one of the best games I have had the pleasure of testing/playing. Great job developers!

12. epickev

epickev Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 24, 2015
    Account Manager
    New Zealand
    Looks pretty Rad.
    Sent Beta request.

Will this have cross-platform save? (ios to steam)
    Might be a bit early to ask but hey.

13. youtube_JasonWivart

youtube_JasonWivart Active Member

May 1, 2016
  14. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Thanks for the video. Looking good.

15. HeartShapedGames

Apr 6, 2016
    Game Developer
    Hero Generations will be released tomorrow (8/18) on mobile! We've had a lot of great feedback from beta testers and are excited to share the game with everyone else. :)

Please take a look at a walkthrough of the final gameplay done by Lead Designer, Scott Brodie--> https://youtu.be/tOtMCeUXP0k

And some screenshots: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks and I hope you check it out!
    Heart Shaped Games Team

16. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    Game of the night for me! Congratulations on release:)

17. thewzrd

thewzrd Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Congratz guys-- game looks super cool (love the art style) and will grab for sure.

18. HeartShapedGames

Apr 6, 2016
    Game Developer
    Thanks guys! We appreciate the kind words. :)