Ghosts 'N Goblins Gold Knights Pulled from App Store?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by EB1089, Nov 20, 2009.

1. EB1089

EB1089 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Student
    I decided to give the newly released Ghosts 'N Goblins Gold Knights a glance on the App Store tonight and noticed the game isn't there. I've looked all around the Web and searched forums and no one seems to know anything or there isn't a problem. Yet, the game is totally nonexistent in the US App Store. In fact, clicking on a link for the game to the App Store brings up:

"Your request could not be completed. The item you've requested is not currently available in the US store."

What happened? Any answers would be appreciated as well as interesting! :confused:

2. nightbeaver

nightbeaver Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    yeah i dont see it. i was having major problems with the new update i only got it started once after trying ten times, then reboot, then try a few more times, then reinstall, reboot try some more then about the fifth try it started. maybe others were having the same issues. so im pretty sure it will be back after capcom fixes it.

3. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    Mine is really buggy too after that last update.
    I'll bet that's exactly what's going on

4. EB1089

EB1089 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Student
    Hmm...didn't know the game was having so many problems. Sounds like they were pretty big issues if you tried getting it to work so many times. Interesting. If I may ask, were you running the app on an iPhone or iPod touch/generation? Ah well, hopefully they get it fixed and maybe this time they'll get the frame rate to run a lil faster than what I was hearing. Thanks for the replies, folks.

5. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm having problems since the update too :/ Bummed, cause I wanted to play the new mode. Hopefully they're better than Gameloft, as my BoF and EWJ haven't worked since I bought them either. But I'm thinking since the update came out so quick after the release, that it just wasn't fully tested and hopefully comes back in working order.

6. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    My 2g iTouch with 3.1 crashed CONSTANTLY with the update. I only got it to open once and even then as soon as I hit Boxer Mode it crashed. So my feeling its that it was a bad update that they pulled.

7. EB1089

EB1089 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Student
    BOARDUM brings up a good point about the game potentially not being fully tested which I could totally see because the announcement that Ghosts 'N Goblins was coming to the idevices was rather abrupt, fast, and quick (kind of like what they did with the COD Zombies game that came out Monday I believe...out of nowhere I might add) unless someone heard/read an announcement for the game earlier.

8. bomber

bomber Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
  9. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    The launch version runs very well for me, and since I rarely dock, I haven't updated yet. Just beat it with Arthur, about to do the same with Lancelot. Thanks for the update here, I was actually tempted to update my GnG.

10. antosimoni

antosimoni Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    avoid this tile... waaay too short and laggy

11. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    #11 Somerandomdude, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
    It's most likely pulled man... I like the game, but after the last update, it's now completely unplayable. It crashes every time I go to the character select screen and the menu is super slow. Time to revert back to 1.0.0 so I can actually play it... crap.

It's the update. I reverted back to the first version and it works fine.

12. corcors

corcors New Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Getting back ot version 1

If you've installed the crappy version that doesn't work, how do you go back to the version 1 that did?

13. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    You can't unless you didn't update it yet on your computer

14. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I hope it got pulled so they can give the game justice. As a longtime fan I cant stand the game in its current state. It feels like an early Beta build. :mad:

15. heyday72

heyday72 Member

Nov 27, 2009
    games heydays

I love the old shit they are bringing back to the Iphone.
    This one is a classic and i want to see it back in the store to so i can buy it.
    Im getting tired of games and apps suddenly disapearing into the unnown!
    Where is Cockroach Racing 3D for example??
    Mabe its an idea for Apple to develope an special store within the appstore for pulled out games.:(

16. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Actually, if you bought it pre update, your computer still may have the original, even if the update was done through iTunes. Just check your recycle bin, and if the ipa is still there, drag and drop it to your library.

If not, well I guess this is one of the few times gettting a cracked version would be legal or just morally acceptable I guess...

17. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    That's actually exactly what I did. Whenever there is an update an old file gets deleted. Thankfully I hadn't emptied my trash when I noticed the bad update so dragged the old file into iTunes, agreed to let it override the file by the same name, then reinstalled. Unfortunately doing it that way lost my completed game but its ok, the game was easy anyway so I am working to finishing again (too many other games distracting me at the moment). But at least I have a working copy!

18. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Yeah, I'm getting really distracted lately too. Nazi Zombies, Rogue Planet, Beneath a Steel Sky... it just feels like I never run out of games to play.

19. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Hey that's a GOOD thing! Between the sales and new releases this week I feel like I am popping from one game to another finishing a level or two!

20. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Yeah I know, it's sick. I just feel like I can't keep up with all the games I have sometimes though. I try to play one game at a time, then get lost playing some other awesome game I just felt like playing or something. At least I know I'm set on games for a while.