My head is going to explode

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Deewin, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    from the overwhelming amount of recent top notch games on the app store! Nova, NFS shift, and Hawx. All purchases from yesterday and NO regrets whatsoever. There are some great lesser known titles too like Beat it, red conquest, and jet car stunts.

The funniest thing about all these apps is that I enjoy (and played more of) this 99 cent game called Cartoon Gunner the most! I don't usually buy 1 dollar apps like I used to because most of them have a compelling reason to play more than once or twice but I spent the entire night leveling up my stick avatar and being amazed with how awesome my new guns are! This was the number 1 game on the app store the other day and it's well deserved :)

My app spending (along with the insane Steam deals) is getting real bad lately and I refuse to look at my itunes receipts otherwise it's going to make me cry :-(

2. smartguy911

smartguy911 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    I love a challenging rhythm game. Mostly for the really fast paced bits. I have always had my eye on beat it. Is it worth the purchase?

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It's not a rhythm game, you've just gotta match the beat by highlighting the correct squares in the timeline.

4. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    My god yes. It's all about listening and repeating the beats. It's kind kind of like simon says style but easier because there's a visual indicator and you can re listen to the beats until you get it right. This is the most original music game on the app store right now and I much prefer it over the tired tap tap style games!

5. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    How many more threads of people ranting about spending on a recent avalanche of great games do we need?

6. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    well, this one was helpful since it turned me onto Cartoon Gunner..!

7. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    I played cartoon gunner for at LEAST 4 or 5 hours straight last night. You'll see why soon enough :)

8. nrfuller

nrfuller Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Office Manager
    Wilmington, DE
    "How many more threads of people ranting about spending on a recent avalanche of great games do we need?"

As many as people want to start.

Why are there always people who feel the need to complain about absolutely any thread that isn't to their precise taste? No one forced you click on this thread. If you don't like the topic- just keep scrolling.

9. zamansimba

zamansimba Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    True that OP, CW gunner truly made me play for long hours, way more time than my other apps. I think i know why its addictive. Hah. 'Addictive'. The word most used in app descriptions/titles to attract buyers. Usually most of these apps that call themselves 'addictive' are not at all.

CW Gunner is one of the games that truly is addictive. Maybe its the attraction of upgrading to better weapons and stats by killing more and the fast paced short bursts of action in each level. Like the latest minigore

However once i unlocked all and owns on the battlefield, u just dont have any more incentive to play further.

10. iamBone

iamBone Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I too, played Cartoon Gunner for god knows how many hours straight. And then a break. And then again.

Got most of the guns (I skipped a bunch of the first ones, but got them later on), fully upgraded last minigun-suit and a bunch of the other ones, all stats up to 25 or so, some more. On battle 110~.. maybe less.

But now I've lost the will to play it, not much to look forward to into that game.

Ravensword is taking up all my time right now.

11. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    How much is Cartoon Gunner?

12. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
  13. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!