Apple falsely reporting "upgrades" on daily reports

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by sledbox, May 24, 2009.

1. sledbox

sledbox Active Member

May 11, 2009
    So for the past 3 days I have had a few "upgrades" reported in my daily sales, the only thing is that I currently only have one version of my game (so there is nothing to upgrade).

I was curious if any of you have had a similar experience? Could this be someone that has bought my game, deleted it and downloaded it again? I just found this strange and even more strange when all of these "upgrades" have come from the same country.

Any ideas?

2. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    In what country is it all happening (if you don't mind telling)? Most of the action usually happens in the US (no offense meant to anyone, but it is where a lot of the sales are), so that could explain why it happens in one country.

3. kenlem

kenlem Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    I have an iPhone and an iPod Touch. If I buy something on one device, I usually download it for the other. I bet that shows up as an upgrade.

You might also want to check into how pirated units are reported.

4. drunknbass

drunknbass Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2008
    the whole gift card redeem codes from china scam, is really the chinese using stolen credit cards to buy legit itunes gift cards and resell them.
    so what happens is if you bought these codes of someone for 10$,
    and then the original guy who owns the credit card (whos number was stolen and used to buy the gift card) calls his credit card co to contest the charge, they call apple, and apple will take whatever $ you have remaining in your balance to cover the difference, and whatever you owe them after they take as a loss, and they also take any purchases as a loss..

but thats where it gets tricky, i have a funny feeling and apps and maybe even music bought with the fraudulent money are never never paid to the dev/artist.

it makes oddities like this, and other things like the gas cubbydev(and many others) reporting apple overpaid them and took the $ back.You know apple will prob never admit to this, but its pretty standard practice... Paypal pulls this shady sh*t all the time.