Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Messing around with Skyriders and ArcherCat, courtesy of Asasnator's recommendations :D

I need to get a start on Kingdom Hearts as well, my 3DS is getting a bit dusty >.>

2. BrandonOzborne

Aug 25, 2012
    U lucky mofo I'd kill to play the new kh

3. JediKnight

JediKnight Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    I couldn't decipher that. :eek:

4. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Err...I think it's you lucky (something) I'd kill to play the new kingdom hearts

5. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    You're not alone...

I don't speak YouTube comments either :D

6. SuperionEXE

SuperionEXE Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Being from the city, I'm well versed in it :p unfortunately all of my friends talk in ways that make this sound like highly polished prose. Enjoo's deciphering was quite on the spot, but mofo stands for... well... Let's just say that divided in half, that word composes the first two letters of a vulgar phrase.

7. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Bingo, and what Superion said. Pretty sure Ozbourne meant it in a non-hostile way, but the term you couldn't decipher is based on an expletive (or two)...

8. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Superion, what's your favourite fighting style in PvP? I ran into someone who thinks somewhat similarly to you in terms of certain builds and strategies, and I think he might be an interesting opponent for you if you're looking for something tougher/different from the usual styles you see in public matches (suffice it to say, I find him quite tough to fight against using my usual set-ups, and strategising alone isn't really levelling out the field while I don't want to change my equipment).

Also, turns out there *was* some good in my enduring of the Freyr Forums after all: some of them are more mature than the standard troublemakers and IAP-hackers running around over there, above player included. Glad there was something to be salvaged :)

9. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #9529 undead.exe, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
    For anyone who's interested in the PvP side of things: a comparative ratio of how much damage several weapons do relative to each other in PvP enclosed below.

Test victim: Viper Armour, VB-03-II (1400 HP in PvE)
    Test gunner: Thunder Armour, SAM-005-I (40% power)
    Test conditions: Victim shot twice from full health in each image

[​IMG]

10. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    More or less the same then, with the ARs doing a little less......hmm....

I guess the M-27 isnt so bad after all.:D

11. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #9531 undead.exe, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
    Some of the ARs fire faster than the others, so depending on how much HP your opponent has, it might actually be better to go for a weaker rifle with a higher firerate.

The M-27B1 has a high amount of power, but very low mobility. There actually seems to be an advantage to this: the crosshair and the slow movement while firing seems to make it MUCH easier to steady your aim and hit opponents dead-on, so while it's easier for people to hit you, it's also easier to gatling-snipe at longer ranges. I'm finding it somewhat hard to aim with the Laser Guns and Assault Rifles because of how fast you and your opponents move.

Also, for anyone still playing PvP, heads-up: from what I've seen, people are starting to think of their own combos. I won't name any just yet (I don't think I really remember, truth be told :/), but fighting dynamics may change quite drastically depending on what sorts of weapons you're chaining together.

------------

Oh, another thing: pay attention to the relative power of the weapons in PvE mode, and then compare it to how much damage it's doing in here on the same test subject:

M-27B1: 700
    LIT07: 665
    NOVA-27: 490
    TB10-LW: 350
    M2456s: 315
    FL334AR: 238
    MS06: 126
    MA72: 105
    FR28a: 70

.....notice how the FR28a is disproportionately powerful compared to the relative power of the M-27B1: the M-27 should be 10 times more powerful, but the FR28a is doing around half to a third of the M-27's damage in PvP, as opposed to a tenth. That is some SERIOUS weapon scaling...

12. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Wow. Random power outages are random...

Good thing my phones at 100% battery!

13. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    The joys of having internet connection, eh? :p

14. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Hooray for independent backup batteries :D

15. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    What time is it over there?

16. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    About 10:00

17. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    In the morning...? (Pretty sure it shouldn't be night time in the US until 12 hours later or so) Go outside if it's daylight!! o___O

18. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Daylight?! I'm a vampire...
    I'm so disconnected from the real world...

19. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Yes in the morning.....

It is like 35 degrees Fahrenheit out there, so I have to chose: be cold or raise all the shades on the windows.

20. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Oh yeah, it'd be winter for you guys now...summer over here, and it's starting to get uncomfortably stuffy at night >.>