Freelance 2D/3D artist available

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Kwakkie, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Kwakkie

Kwakkie Active Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Hey guys,

Im very interested to work on iphone games, so drop me a line if you need a good artist. I work in the game industry and as a freelance webdesigner, check out my portfolio here: http://www.decentdesign.nl/game. As you can see Ive got the experience and skill needed to make your game pop!

Menu screens&graphics
    [​IMG]

2D graphics
    [​IMG]

Low end 3D graphics
    [​IMG]

High end 3D graphics
    [​IMG]

Check my portfolio for more: http://www.decentdesign.nl/game

I love working on game art, but if you plan on selling your app my only demand is to be compensated fair, so please contact me to discuss! Im a very reasonable and hardworking guy! :D

PS: let me know what you think fo my portfolio, even if you dont need an artist :)

2. matriax

matriax Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Working on VideoGames
    I think you have a good skill to work perfectly on iPhone Games.

I love specially the "Dragon Hunters" and "Bang Attack" work.

You not have anitmations? Will be great also if you put any animations samples in youtube format or simply in .gif or similar.

3. Justinth

Justinth Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Very nice work :)

4. atommo

atommo Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Developer
    #4 atommo, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
    I love your art!
    Are you interested in working on projects where it's profit sharing? We're working out of our homes so we're not flush with cash or anything. :)

Oh, and those little guys in the desert... if the game looks like that and you just blow the hell out of things, you're gonna get tons of love on these forums I imagine :)

5. Kwakkie

Kwakkie Active Member

Jul 19, 2009
    @matriax: Thanks! Those were two great projects to work on! Anyway, unfortunately I dont have any animations available to post on my portfolio right now. I can animate and have done so before, but most games I worked on are under NDA and I cant post any moving images of the assets :(

@Justinth: Thanks! :D

@atommo: Thanks! Yeah profit sharing is no problem for me, get in touch!
    That desert game was supposed to be a side scrolling action game(so yeah, basically blast the SH-- out of everything that moves :p)

6. matriax

matriax Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Working on VideoGames
    Yes, but i see you have "personal work". Well be interesting if you put animations of your own work to demonstrate your skills in animations, 2D and 3D ;)

7. Hug_a_Panda_Ben

Hug_a_Panda_Ben Active Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Janitor
    California
    Great stuff...you're very talented...and it seems like you have quite a range of experience. Keep you in mind for our future projects :)

8. AndyKorth

AndyKorth Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Game Developer
    Looking great, Kwakkie! I've sent you an email describing our project and what we're looking for. I hope to hear from you soon!

9. Pocketplayer64

Aug 17, 2009
    Hi I am very interested in finding a 2D and 3D artist for an iPhone game that is about to go under developement. I need someone who can render something already in 2D and make it look like it is in 3D using shadows, textures, etc. There will be a lot of animations involved in this project. I can garuntee you that this project could very easily become a best-seller on the App Store.

10. Kwakkie

Kwakkie Active Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Thanks for all the replies, emails and PM's, it was quite overwhelming!

@Hug_a_Panda_Ben: thanks, dont forget about me! :cool:

@AndyKorth: thanks for contacting me, twilight golf is going to kick ass! :p

@Pocketplayer64: sorry for the late reply, but I think the amount of work you describe is currently too much for me to do at the moment. Ill send you a message once my schedule clears up a bit, maybe you could still use a hand by then!

11. nazara_tech

nazara_tech Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2009
    project manage
    India
    Hey Kwakkie

If it is possible for you please show us some animation too. I have few projects for which i am searching good graphic artist.

12. AndyKorth

AndyKorth Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Game Developer
    I'd like to vouch for Kwakkie- he's been doing the artwork for Twilight Golf and it's been great working with him. We've got a lot of top-notch art that fits perfectly with what we wanted. He's also been very helpful in figuring out what we want, hehe.

13. mumford

mumford Member

Sep 25, 2009
    nice stuff

14. AdriVetasoft

AdriVetasoft Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Game Designer
    Belgium
    Very nice work Kwakkie, love your portfolio!

15. shodanng

shodanng Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Your artwork are really good.:)

16. Kwakkie

Kwakkie Active Member

Jul 19, 2009
    @nazara_tech: Sorry, I do not have any animation examples right now. This is due to various NDA's from previous projects that do not allow me to show animations.

@AndyKorth: Thanks for your kudos! :p It was/is great working with you guys!

@mumford, AdriVetasoft & shodanng: Thank you for your compliments! Instant ego boost +10 :p

The responce from the members of these forums was amazing, Ive had a lot of cool offers to help on games. Unfortunately that means that I will not be able to accept new projects for a while. I will be full on projects untill November, and in November I will be backpacking in Thailand for about a month. If you have a project that needs cool art and want some help by December, let me know, but untill then I wont be able to help. :(

(also, I wont be able to respond to emails and PMs in November)

CHEERS!!! :cool:

17. Kwakkie

Kwakkie Active Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Hey guys and girls!

I just wanted to let y'all know that I am still available for paid freelance projects! Another game I recently worked on got released. Maybe youve seen the review here on Toucharcade, its called ZAMBY, check it out on the appstore here. I made all of the interface/menu graphics!

Also, I updated my portfolio: http://www.decentdesign.nl
    and I am working on my own iPhone game with a programmer, check out some of the graphics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyway, Im still available! One thing I really like doing is pimping graphics of excisting games, so let me know if youre considering that for your released app(or if you need bigger graphics for the iPad)!

18. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Good stuff Bobby!

I would like to hire you for some graphic work, but my game isn't complete yet. I'll email you when I'm ready ;)

Any estimates for an average project? A few maps with a few characters and menus with buttons?

19. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    i'd love to have you if you want. my project is what pocketplayer64 was talking about, but we've been looking at you for a long time! :D

20. AdriVetasoft

AdriVetasoft Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Game Designer
    Belgium
    I love your 3D work. You can sure do nice stuff for the iPhone !