iPhone ** Preview ** || Moon'd || A 3D Physics based platform game exclusively for the iPad

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by AnthonyL, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyL

AnthonyL Well-Known Member

#1 AnthonyL, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
    Let me introduce you all to Moon’d my new 3D Physics Platformer for the iPad !

Well here’s the Video!

Features
    * Full featured physics engine, roll balls, stack boxes, use weight sensitive buttons, move walls and avoid hazards!
    * Unique style of 3d physics game play on the ipad
    * Loads of unique levels a lot of time was spent brainstorming and hand crafting each level it’s really a blast to play.
    * Super Kicking chiptune soundtrack and audio effects!
    * A epic boss fight! (no game is complete without one )

This game has been a work in progress for sometime and I’d really love to get some feedback on what we’ve created so far

2. ashwood

ashwood Member

Jun 5, 2010
    cool!, when are you planning on releasing the game?

3. AnthonyL

Howdy! thanks for the reply
    right now I'm planning on releasing the game sometime late september/early october

4. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Look interesting! :)

5. AnthonyL

Yep! and it's gets better and better everyday! :D

6. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Looks very nice. Sort of a little like Edge, but also has a lot of different elements.

I thought initially it looked a little more 2 1/2 D but note that the cube can go into the screen. I guess I am wondering if the cube can go into and out of the screen all the time, or only when certain paths allow it?

In any case, I 'll be watching this one.

7. AnthonyL

Thanks pluto6,

in later levels the world becomes more puzzle like with multiple paths he can take / build .. so 2 1/2 D may not be off as you are fixed on moving +/- on the z axis OR x axis ... those levels are also heavy on camera movement effects, rotation I'll get a video of them up shortly and it'll all make more sense

the primary reason for this sort of camera/fixed axis system is simply that I think it looks really cool :) and it makes it possible to add some cool puzzles I haven't seen in other games yet.

8. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Thanks for the explanation. Are the objects going to be going through the levels as fast as possible, or collecting as many coins as possible, or both?

I like the cube balancing on the ball and moving a long. Sort of funny / different. I was wondering if little legs were going to pop out of the cube... :p

9. AnthonyL

There's no time limit in any of the levels, coin collecting and getting to the end are the primary goals although sometimes you have to solve puzzles to accomplish both..

there is a level or two where you are automatically moving forward and just have to manage jumping but there's no clock

surprise legs are always a possibility! :p (my lightwave skills permitting)

10. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Only for iPad??? Any plan for iPhone 4?

11. AnthonyL

#11 AnthonyL, Sep 13, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
    In the future I will have something for the iPhone4/iPod Touch sharing key parts of the same concept, but after some testing/playing around I've come to the conclusion that the devices are used/carried around in much different ways so I wanted to focus on a unique iPad game first and if it appeals to folks, make something close but different for the smaller/more mobile devices... rather then trying to fit one game into two different packages

12. AnthonyL

switching puzzle demo

Howdy,

here's a quick example of one type of path switching used in a few of the games puzzles.. it's in a level I just started working on so there's not much there except the platform.

also: I think the music for the level so far is pretty neat :)

13. AnthonyL

Great news! after a slight delay (due to gog.com releasing balders gate) I've finished Moon'd and submitted it to apple for review!

I'll post some new media and screenshots shortly

also, if anyone with a blog/review site would be interested in a preview build I'd be happy to send over a adhoc copy to you.. just pm me your information

14. AnthonyL

15. ashwood

ashwood Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Cool, any chance of hooking me up with a free code when it's released? :eek: I can give it a review

16. AnthonyL

ashwood pm sent,

I finally managed to get a new video up for some reason the quality isn't perfect but here goes

there are also high resolution screen shots up at http://anthonylamantia.com/games/ to make up for the somewhat grainy video

17. AnthonyL

18. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    This looks very interesting and neat as a game.
    I will keep an eye on when it gets available on the European stores!

19. Could be interesting. This is probably going to be one of those games that you'll have to sit down and play to get a feel for though, as I suspect the video doesn't quite translate the important parts of the gameplay very well. We'll see when it's released though I guess. :)

20. AnthonyL

#20 AnthonyL, Oct 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2010
    The game has just been released you can find it here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/moond/id395986830?mt=8

FPE: thanks for the comment, I hope you enjoy the game

Mindfield: It can be slightly tricky at times, I tried my best to keep the difficulty progressive .. level 1 is easy, 2 is slightly harder, 6 has it's moments of stress while you try to balance yourself but it's great fun!

As the game is released I'm moving my news/posts to the iPad Games thread so other upcoming non-released iPad titles can get some attention.

Edit:

Release thread : http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=69561