Which are your favorite FPS on the iOS? what do you think of the controls?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by GasparZizou, Apr 13, 2011.

1. GasparZizou

GasparZizou Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    MKT student, intern in an advertising agency.
    Guadalajara
    Hello, i'm curious to know what TA thinks about iOS FPS and which one are your favorite guys.

Personally my favorite now is Nova2 i haven't played MC2 or RS, i'm thinking in buying MC2.

i like Nova2 cause of the gorgeous graphics, the precise controls and the incredibly good AI.

and i like Battlefield 2, at first i hated it, cause of the awful animations, AI, and movement controls, then i kinda liked it, like an acquired taste, the aiming system is very good, and the game itself has a lot of personality.

so tell me lads, which ones are your favorite ones???

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Dead Space
    Nova 2
    MC2

The controls are all spot on.

3. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    Nova 2 is my lover, precise controls as you said!

4. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    NOVA 2 and Modern Combat 2. The controls work great. Much better than any physical controls for any portable device, i.e PSP, DS, Xperia Play.

5. Dragu Rawr

Dragu Rawr Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    RS - Ganeloft simply made it perfect... well not enough weapons but the weapon equipment is beastly

MC 2 - I loved the aiming and the animation of the enemies

Dead Space - idk. controlls are good but its quite boring

NOVA 2 - Srsly, no fine tuned aiming? btw its a bit to hard, some missions aren't very good

Battlefield: BC2 - It's the WORST FPS i've ever played on my device... the graphics don't look good, bad controls, boring to play (most time)

BiA 2 GF - Graphics are bad, button layout is good, weapons are sh*t :[

That's my list :p

6. Metalhead980

Metalhead980 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Deadspace isn't a Fps...

Honestly while touch controls offer the best control for Fps on mobile platform they completely suck compared to dual stick console controls and mouse/keyboard controls on PC.

I generally try to stay away from them but if someone had a gun to my head and forced me to pic my favorites I would go with Nova2 & BG:Bad Conpany 2.

Again though playing a Fps with mediocre controls is like brushing your Teeth with your feet...

7. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    Cut the Rope

8. julzsantana15

julzsantana15 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Michigan
    MC2- controls work perfect when customized...

9. DarwinAce

DarwinAce Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    i played Duke Nukem 3D, and although i hated the controls, there's a feature to customize them on the screen and i finally got them to my preference.

I went thru all 3 chapters and i had a great time. but i can't really recommend this game to someone who never played the original game... Tavali played this game with me and she didn't liked it at all.

[hqyoutube]GZBL3YZFQVs[/hqyoutube]​

sorry the camera is really off focus.

10. userfume

userfume Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    ????

11. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Dead space, if you consider that a fps is great
    modern combat 2 is the best actual fps out there
    i regret buying bfbc, even though it was only a dollar
    it sucked pretty badly
    controls were really unresponsive
    nova 2 is pretty good, but i miss aiming down sights
    r6 campaign was the best campaign out of all these (not counting dead space), but i prefer mc2 multiplayer better
    nova 1 and sandstorm weren't exactly bad, but there's no reason to buy them
    don't get bia 1 or 2, they both were pretty bad
    and im much better at fps's on my itouch than on say a ps3 or pc, especially with the gyro
    you just need to get used to the controls, really

EDIT:
    @Dragu Rawr,
    you found dead space boring?
    scariest game ive ever played
    you must have some guts to find it boring...

12. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    Wow, I accidentally posted in the wrong thread.

Weird.

Sorry about that.

13. DarwinAce

DarwinAce Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Seriously?... i still think that nothing matches a good mouse atm

14. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I really how Gameloft did the controls as well. They feel very precise to me since I'm actually touching the screen. But yeah, it's hard to compete against the speed and accuracy a mouse gives.

15. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    all recent gameloft ones and dead space (but I only played the tutorial so far but it was awesome) are very boss
    MC2: best multiplayer of ALL FPS's on the idevices right now imho but of the following, worst campaign (but it's still fun)
    Dead Space: best campaign of ALL FPS's on the idevices right now. Best graphics and best horror too
    R6: 2nd best campaign of ALL FPS's on the fidevices and it has decent multiplayer (it's fun but not groundbreaking: you need actually half decent teammates for co-op)
    NOVA2: right up there with Dead Space with graphics. Campaign better than MC2, multiplayer is second to MC2
    ^ALL OF THE ABOVE HAVE A+ CONTROLS IN MY BOOK :)
    Some bad to okay ones...
    BFBC2: One of the biggest dissapointments. bad controls, bleh graphics, small weapon choice (at least R6 had boss attachments), bleh campaign, BOO multiplayer. only good thing: it was cheap so I got some friends to get it for a dollar.
    Archetype: it was good when it came out and has decent controls. However, autofire was the worst mistake this game could have made. Movement was too fast, no ranking, etc. killed off eliminate, but it's terrible right now.
    BA2: I loved the story in this one. Controls were occasionally unresponsive but in general worked excellently. Mulitplayer sucks, but campaign was actually pretty awesome imo, and i just played it 1-2 months ago.
    the prequels (MC, NOVA) are all quality. I'd rank them around BA2, with BFBC2, Archetype, and Eliminate (just know that it's garbage for now's standards) all way worse.

16. paulm12

paulm12 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    school
    ummm Cali
    MC:2; feels so natural i guess
    If the idevices had shoulder buttons though...wow...it may have better controls than consoles...?

17. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Lol, I though you were just being spontaneous! HAHHAHAHAHHAHA

18. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I think he means relative to everyone else in a multiplayer match. Because I'm the same. I pwn at FPS games on my iPhone, but I suck at FPS games on PC/console (even though I've been playing them for a lot longer).

19. Psykikgmr

Psykikgmr Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Whoever made the Duke Nukem ports for iPad and iPhone should be shot. Tried all the recomendations to fix the controls in the settings and they're crap. So sad such a good game was ported by horrible developers.

Bad Company is my favorite for single player. Excellent controlls and single player.

MC2 is my favorite for multiplayer. But like all other Gameloft FPS, the single player is mediocre at best. And the voice acting is - ah you all know.

20. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    MC2-exciting SP, good multiplayer, good graphics.

i think bfbc2 is okay, i like the variety with driving vehicles and stuff but the controls feel sluggish to me and the SP is kind of buggy. multiplayer is boring.