iPad game of the year?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by stlredbird, Sep 1, 2012.

1. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    So it seemed that Magic was going to run away with it but Bastion has come out of nowhere. So what will it be?

A. Magic
    B. Bastion
    C. Something else out right now
    D. Something yet to come out

I'm looking forward to IB Dungeons and Baldurs Gate. Should be a good 4th quarter.

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    As in iPad exclusive? Bastion by far. Doubt IB Dungeons will be an exclusive and Baldur's Gate I'm not to excited for.

3. Is this thread for ipad exclusive games like Mutant Storm, or for games that have hd versions / universal like Virtua Tennis?

4. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    My nominations:

Bastion
    Magic 2013
    Battle Academy

Have to wait to play Baldur's Gate to see if it's GOTY worthy.

5. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Honestly magic is too much of a niche title to be GOTY. My vote would be bastion.

6. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    That's a good question, exclusive or universal. Mostly I was basing the poll on iPad Game forum topics, which mostly are probably exclusive titles.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    If Baldur's Gate is the classic PC game Baldur's Gate, then yeah, that is a good candidate. If it's the spinoffs like the one on the PS2 (the one similar to Bard's Tale and MUA), then sadly no.

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I liked the Bards Tale

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^I didnt mean to sound that Bard's Tale or MUA are bad games... Bard's Tale is good, but there are better games for a GotY title, and one of them in my opinion is the Classic Baldur's Gate game... It is, after all, the granddaddy to Neverwinter Nights and Dragon Age.

10. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I liked A Bard's tale a lot too, but I've read up on what Baldur's Gate EE will entail, and unless they mess it up with bugs somehow, it's definitely gonna be game of the year for me. By a long mile!

According to the developers, BG is the complete original game PLUS new areas, new characters, several features from BG2 incorporated, the same rule edition as BG2, zoom feature and some graphical enhancements.

I'm salivating just at the thought of playing this game...

The original game had hours and hours of unprecedented gameplay, and I don't think I'm gonna have time or nclination to play much else on my iPad once it's released...

11. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Bastion... 'Nuff said.

12. Well this will be a very shory thread then. Bard's tale is universal, and there are only a handful of exclusive ipad only games.

Only games I can think of are Bastion, Mutant Storm, and Band Together. That's it.

All are good games, too bad there aren't more ipad exclusive games.

13. Janni

Janni Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    oops, sorry... wrong thread

14. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    Although I fully agree that The Bard's Tale is an awesome game, it was release Nov of last year so I'm not sure why it was even mentioned in this thread. :p

My picks, so far it's a toss between Bastion and Horn. Everything else so far is gravy. Can't wait for more big releases soon. I know that some big devs are waiting for the iPhone 5 and the iPad Mini (vaporware?) to push the flow of the apps. I won't be surprised if the 2 apps I mentioned will be forgotten by the holiday season. But so far, these 2 are pushing the heights in iOS gaming.

15. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    I shall be stubborn and only list original iPad games

1.Autumn Dynasty
    2. ...

...rofl.. I can't think of any other 2012 ipad exclusive games I like that aren't ports.

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Then it could be our GotY for the iPad, and definitely one of the best as long as bugs, if ever, are taken care of in updates.

17. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Yeah.
    And release date should be sometime this month.

Release date for Mac & PC is September 18, and they plan to submit the game to apple sometime before that in the hope that the iPad release will be released simultaneously, but you never know how long the approval process will take when it comes to the AppStore.

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    September looks to be the strongest month for iOS gaming.