Games you swear the most at

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by swampthing, Apr 30, 2010.

1. swampthing

swampthing Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    #1 swampthing, Apr 30, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
    Tilt to Live - When you think you can make a gap but... you can't.

2. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    Galcon, whenever there's a dick in the game room who suicides against you

3. paulm12

paulm12 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    school
    ummm Cali
    i dunno why, but Ramp Chanp (the challanges) and Alive-4-Ever (its hard)
    but I love both of them very much

4. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Fruit Ninja, when there's a crapload of fruit and a single bomb all bunched up together.

5. DPRICE81

DPRICE81 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    doh!

The same game you swear at the most outdoors, Golf. Played some game called mini golf. Hole 13 has a beaver on it and it made me mad. Lol It says par two and I got approx 80 on that one. (not overexagerating) No mini golf hole should take that many!!!!! $&&@"&& you beaver!!!!!

6. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    #6 spacecowgoesmoo, Apr 30, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
    The last level of Blimp. A rather tough 'kill everything' level followed immediately by a 'OMG Self Destruct in :30 RUN AWAY!!!' level. The problem is that you have to run away through tiny, tiny corridors with tons of 90 degree turns and environmental hazards at the absolute maximum speed to make it out with even a second to spare. Oh, and in this game if you run into a wall at anything near full speed it'll take off around 40% of your HP. And you're already beat up from the 'kill everything' level you just finished and there's no more HP recovery items lying around. The closest I ever came was getting to the finish line with :01 remaining and killing myself by landing on the landing platform too fast (Because I had ONE SECOND LEFT!!). Haven't touched it since.

It's been sitting on my 'Games I'm playing' page since last year and has really made me think about designing overly difficult last levels in games. Specifically, whether making the final boss of Gomi not have a checkpoint between the 2nd and 3rd rounds was a good idea or not. It's the whole idea that when you develop a game you get really good at it without realizing it. I can take out Gomi's final boss in one attempt with something like a 85% chance of not dying, but that's probably not be the case for everyone else. Same thing with the final boss in Hard Mode; I can do it in about an hour or so, but according to the leaderboards no one's ever been able to finish it at all.

7. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Hand of Greed, anybody try that one?

8. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Jet Car Stunts

9. Jyankee30

Jyankee30 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    New York
    Hook Champ. F&$@ing ledges... And that toothy bastard.

10. fallenashes

fallenashes Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    yes
    Modern Warfare 2. I never knew how the enemy soldier could absorb 5 bullets, not get hurt, and kill me while (seemingly) looking the other way. With the very easy guns, you know when you killed someone, and you can hear it. But stupid infamous CoD lag makes sure you get as little from that 60$ as you can.

Rant aside, for iPhone, whenever I get frustrated, I usually make incomprehensible stutters and grunts, followed by asking "doodle" in DoodleJump why he could possibly be so stupid to miss that platform. Never have gotten an answer out of the little guy:mad:.

11. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Jet Car Stunts, Tilt To Live, Fruit Ninja

12. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    I probably swear the most at:

1. Labyrinth 2: Uber-sensitive controls make everything uber-frustrating.

2. Eliss: Multi-touch puzzle madness that's close to the impossible level.

3. Angry Birds: When there's just one pig left and you JUST miss it... ^%$#!!

13. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Mine definitely goes to puzzle quest. Nothing beats the computers squeezing every open opportunity they can, while stringing a bunch of lucky clears. And then doing it all over again when you think you got everything but didn't.

14. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Tilt to Live. Especially in Gauntlet mode.

BTW: I don't swear.

15. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Tilt to Live

16. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    I'd have to say angry birds just like the other guy said when there's one pig left and then they look at you with their smug faces and laugh those bastards! i think I'm going to have bacon now:D

17. dtibbs

dtibbs New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    I'd have to say Jet Car Stunts, Angry Birds, Eliss and Zenonia 2 PVP.

But outside of iPhone gaming, Guild Wars, everyone's a f*(&#$@ idiot, I swear 95% of the people in that game do not possess any logic skills whatsoever.

18. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Lol. For me it's when i am one kill off a pavelow or harriers and some idiot fires his noob tube across the entire map and kills me. Or when i follow 2 or so people down a corridor or through a building and the camping guy only kills me.

BTW very little lag on my ps3. And nothing anoying. Also some guy aimboted me through 5 buildings with an RPD when I played on PC.

19. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    That game is very rage-inducing. It was probably most frustrating game I have ever played. The AI always makes these incredible moves pretty much every turn.

20. TrueAxis

TrueAxis Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Yes I use to swear at it too, especially when I was getting the accelerometer to be as responsive as possible;)

Mind, I hope people swear at it in a good way :)