(Promo Codes can't be rated, reviewed and don't count as purchase anymore!) Solution

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by adamjones, May 11, 2011.

1. adamjones

adamjones Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Developer
    Back there there has been lot of conversation on this topic, after some experiments I came up with a solution...

Issue:

If you redeem the code from your device like iPhone or iPad you can not review or rate the app it says "You have to own this app to review".:p

This is what apple has done but

Solution:

If you open iTunes from your mac iOS pc and redeem promo code there you can review and rate the app.(it works on windows too)

Though either way downloads counts.

I am using US account and assume that it works on other country accounts too, try it out and let me know if it works.

Conclusion:

Developers can giveaway the codes while saving some for the review. These spare promo codes can be given to interested folks who like to review developers app. The easiest way buy the app and review hehehe....:D

So far this is what I figured out...;)

Have a nice day

2. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Thanks for sharing this tips.

3. TinyTechnician

TinyTechnician Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Developer
    Los Angeles
    Interesting...haven't tried it myself yet (so I cannot confirm) but I wonder if Apple knows about this. Seems like a bug in the system...nice find either way ;)

4. adamjones

adamjones Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Developer
    Yes, it's look like a bug but it's better they don't know Hehehe :D

5. Therealtrebitsch

Therealtrebitsch Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    #5 Therealtrebitsch, May 17, 2011
    Last edited: May 17, 2011
    I can confirm.

You can review codes in iTunes if you redeemed them on your PC.

If you redeemed them on an iDevice, you CAN NOT review them neither on iTunes, nor on Appstore.

However in the US appstore I got the error message, that my address is invalid. Even if I added a valid US address (looked up in Google Map) I couldn't redeem the code in the US store.