Beta Testers for Neon Chrome Mobile - a roguelite twin-stick

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by 10tonsLtd, Jun 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    #1 10tonsLtd, Jun 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016

EDIT: Beta testing over, the game will be released Nov 17th, 2016!

Hi,

We've released a game called Neon Chrome on PC, Xbox One and PS4. The game is a roguelite twin-stick shooter.

The next step would be to make the mobile version. The game will be quite different due to the platform requirements so we'll take our time creating it and we'd be thrilled to share the game with some beta testers as we go.

You should have an iOS device with 1 gig of RAM. The more detailed requirements are still being determined. The first version could be available during August.

Here's the sign up form: http://neonchromegame.com/mobile-beta/

[​IMG]

2. Bison Eye

Bison Eye Active Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Twin stick rogue like sounds perfect. Please make it playable on iPhone 5!

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I'm always up for a twin stick rogue! I look forward to more info. I signed up for the mailing list.

Billy

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Many years being a 10 Tons fan. Signed up for beta testing. Hopefully it doesnt use Test Flight.

5. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Looks good, I have high hopes. Hopefully not too light on the 'roguelike' elements - I enjoy my twin-sticks with a bit more depth. Signed up for beta, fingers crossed it lives up to promise.

6. glantzp

glantzp Member

May 4, 2013
    Count me in for the beta!

7. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    Thanks for the comments! We'll keep you up to date with the progress. Currently the game runs on "modern" iOS devices and can be toyed around a bit with rudimentary controls for aiming and running. Next up will be implementing the first best guess for controls and initial balancing, misc changes and setup for the level generators for the mobile version.

8. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Simply stunning visuals. Beta cannot come soon enough.!

9. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Twin stick heaven !!!

10. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    it looks very interesting ! I would like to help you by testing this game !

11. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    #11 atchoo, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    EDIT: wrong thread

12. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    Extremely crappy placeholder controls & UI, but the game is running already.

[​IMG]

13. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    #13 10tonsLtd, Aug 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016

We're very near to start beta testing with external testers. The game runs pretty sweetly on devices less than two years old. The one in the video is an iPad Air 2 with all the details switched on. You can get higher frame rates by switching off the bloom filter for example.

The current version runs also on older devices like the iPad Mini or the iPhone 5 as well. The game was originally created for PCs and consoles so the low processing power naturally results in less than desirable frame rate with old devices. With less than 1 gig of memory there might be some memory problems still but we'll try to weed them out as far as we can so that the game would work on all iOS 8 devices.

You can see that there are two aiming modes: manual and auto aim. The missiles ability is used by tapping a target on screen. A single button will initiate an action or a melee attack depending on the situation.

Drop your e-mail here http://neonchromegame.com/mobile-beta/ for possible beta opportunities. We'll draw testers randomly from the database.

14. aoxu

aoxu Member

Jun 23, 2016
    I have iPhone 6 and iPad mini 3 to test, I just registered.

15. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    Wohoo! We've started the very first beta test! Around 50 people from the list were randomly invited. We'll draw more batches in the near future so you can still sign up at http://neonchromegame.com/mobile-beta/ if you'd like to apply.

The game is now completely playable on iOS. Currently we're focusing on improving the very basic core things like playbility, difficulty level and technical performance.

16. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Signed up wish I had got on it earlier either way can't wait to play it! I use TestFlight
    iPhone 6s Plus running newest IOS

17. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    i signed up but having got an invite yet ��

18. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    #18 10tonsLtd, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    So far we've sent around 180 invites. If you sign up now, there's maybe a 30% chance to get an invite when we draw another 200 in the coming weeks :)

We've already received lots of useful feedback. We'll be updating the beta with an improved ability activation/control system today or tomorrow!

Oh, and follow the Overseer for some deranged quotes: https://twitter.com/NCOverseer

19. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Bummer, signed up when i read about it here some weeks ago, but haven'r been lucky to get an invite.
    Anyway, really looking forward to this beauty.

20. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Where can we give feedback? Digging it thus far, but one point I'd make with the controls is make the direction of the bullets come solely from the right stick, a la the recent port of Leap of Fate. That seems to work better with shooters than the Wayward Souls method of facing the direction of who you're attacking (more of a melee thing). Right now I think the controls are a mixture of both.

Oh another thing, if you lock onto an enemy and they go off-screen, I think you should remain locked-on so long as there's nothing in between you and them. It kinda compensates for the small screens on ios. Will make boss fights considerably less messy.

Otherwise, looking very promising!