Universal SXPD (by Little Chicken Game Company)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 18, 2014.

1. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    #1 PeteOzzy, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: May 22, 2014

SXPD: Extreme Pursuit Force. The Comic Book Game Hybrid

Little Chicken Game Company B.V.
    SXPD: Extreme Pursuit Force is a brand new form of entertainment that blends gaming with digital comic books. The comple…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    SXPD: Extreme Pursuit Force is a brand new form of entertainment that blends gaming with digital comic books. The complete version of this Comic/Game Hybrid allows you to enjoy a full 42 page comic by renowned comic book artist Duke Mighten and then jump right into the action when the story demands it, with its game sections directed by game industry legend David Perry. It is a comic book you can play! The story revolves around the SXPD, an elite police force consisting of all female officers who enforce the law in the privately owned 52nd state of America; 'New Royale'; a hyper violent and bizarre scifi world. Chase the gangs and violent criminals of New Royale, in a high speed bike pursuit across the dangerous environments of the dark State. Get lured into the sewers, wastelands and industrial zones of the city. And find out if the Rookie can save New Royale from the terrorists threatening it. 'The Rookie' is the first instalment of many episodes and features 6 chapters of comic book storytelling, and high adrenalin racing game action. What the press says: Theguardian.com: “One of the most inventive iOS games of 2014 so far.” Killscreen.com : “just as the action kicks in, you see a panel depicting a first-person view. Swipe, and you dive into the comic book world, without compromise to visual fidelity—there's a beautiful fluidity to be seen as the expressive art style transitions into motion. “ Toucharcade.com: “Dark and violent in nature, SXPD is reminiscent of comic series such as Tank Girl or Heavy Metal, perhaps, and is ideal for anyone who wishes to dive into the world of intense high speed chases, rapid gunfire and earth-shattering explosions.” Pocketgamer.com: “SXPD crackles with energy. It's an assault on the eyes in the best possible way.” 148appps.com: “SXPD is ideal for any comic book fan who wishes they could dive into the pages of a high-speed chase.” SXPD features: - A full 42 page comic book by Artist Duke Mighten (Judge Dredd, Afro Samurai, Batman) - 6 chapters of super fast bike combat directed by David Perry (MDK, Earthworm Jim) - 6 Additional arcade playmodes - 3D Deathchase tribute challenge, the ZX Spectrum classic which inspired SXPD - Full GameCenter support, with challenges and achievements
    Information
    Seller:Little Chicken Game Company B.V.
    Genre:Action, Racing
    Release:May 21, 2014
    Updated:Jan 21, 2015
    Version:2.6
    Size:482.0 MB
    User Rating: (5)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Man this is beautiful! Really loving the Madworld/Sin City visuals, cannot wait to have this available in the UK!

3. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    This looks cool :) to bad i dont have credit on my ca account :(

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Same here. Actually, no way i can get paid apps outside my local appstore coz my credit cards are local only. :p

... Unless some angel gifts it to me ;)

5. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    #5 copaeci, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  6. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I need to move to California. I want this now!

7. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #7 redribbon, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: May 16, 2014
  8. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Lol, yes... I was joking. At first I typed Canada but then I thought it would be funny to change it because they have the same abbreviation.

9. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#9 Sanuku, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: May 19, 2014

Played through it. Also it`s pretty short (less then 30. Minutes of Gameplay overall and maybe shorter if you don`t die as many times as I did) I really liked it and looking forward to see what the other Episodes might offer.

At the current Price Tag it`s more then fair and I do indeed hope that the rest will be priced similar. A HD Gameplay Trailer will following soon as I am currently already rendering the Video File and will post it as soon as it will be ready.

Filesize:

[​IMG]

10. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thank you for your valued information!

11. Muppetpuppet

Muppetpuppet Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Applied Game Developer
    Amsterdam
    SXPD - comic/game hybrid with art from Duke Mighten (Batman, Judge Dredd)

Hands on Video (new)

SXPD: 'The Rookie' is the introduction to a brand new form of entertainment that blends gaming with digital comic books.

Set in the fictional, privately owned 52nd state of America called ‘New Royale’, Destruction the Destroyer, a soldier of the Secret Order of the Black Seraphim is in possession of a modern day Pandora’s Box. She’s racing to reach a secret location where the box will be opened and calamity unleashed upon the state of New Royale.

SXPD Pursuit Force Indigo is dispatched to stop her, recover the box and its mysterious content at all cost, but time is running out...

SXPD: The Rookie is a collaboration between Mighten Ink, Little Chicken Game Company and commissioned by OneBigGame.

The Game was directed pro bono by legendary game designer David Perry.

SXPD: Extreme Pursuit Force. The Comic Book Game Hybrid

Little Chicken Game Company B.V.
    SXPD: Extreme Pursuit Force is a brand new form of entertainment that blends gaming with digital comic books. The comple…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    SXPD: Extreme Pursuit Force is a brand new form of entertainment that blends gaming with digital comic books. The complete version of this Comic/Game Hybrid allows you to enjoy a full 42 page comic by renowned comic book artist Duke Mighten and then jump right into the action when the story demands it, with its game sections directed by game industry legend David Perry. It is a comic book you can play! The story revolves around the SXPD, an elite police force consisting of all female officers who enforce the law in the privately owned 52nd state of America; 'New Royale'; a hyper violent and bizarre scifi world. Chase the gangs and violent criminals of New Royale, in a high speed bike pursuit across the dangerous environments of the dark State. Get lured into the sewers, wastelands and industrial zones of the city. And find out if the Rookie can save New Royale from the terrorists threatening it. 'The Rookie' is the first instalment of many episodes and features 6 chapters of comic book storytelling, and high adrenalin racing game action. What the press says: Theguardian.com: “One of the most inventive iOS games of 2014 so far.” Killscreen.com : “just as the action kicks in, you see a panel depicting a first-person view. Swipe, and you dive into the comic book world, without compromise to visual fidelity—there's a beautiful fluidity to be seen as the expressive art style transitions into motion. “ Toucharcade.com: “Dark and violent in nature, SXPD is reminiscent of comic series such as Tank Girl or Heavy Metal, perhaps, and is ideal for anyone who wishes to dive into the world of intense high speed chases, rapid gunfire and earth-shattering explosions.” Pocketgamer.com: “SXPD crackles with energy. It's an assault on the eyes in the best possible way.” 148appps.com: “SXPD is ideal for any comic book fan who wishes they could dive into the pages of a high-speed chase.” SXPD features: - A full 42 page comic book by Artist Duke Mighten (Judge Dredd, Afro Samurai, Batman) - 6 chapters of super fast bike combat directed by David Perry (MDK, Earthworm Jim) - 6 Additional arcade playmodes - 3D Deathchase tribute challenge, the ZX Spectrum classic which inspired SXPD - Full GameCenter support, with challenges and achievements
    Information
    Seller:Little Chicken Game Company B.V.
    Genre:Action, Racing
    Release:May 21, 2014
    Updated:Jan 21, 2015
    Version:2.6
    Size:482.0 MB
    User Rating: (5)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Here's some of the arwork for the game:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

some concepts by Duke Mighten (Batman,Judge Dredd, Afro Samurai)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Soft Launch Teaser

The teaser:

12. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    This game looks amazing! I love the sin cityesk style.

13. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    This can't be out now, right?

14. Muppetpuppet

Sep 5, 2013
    Applied Game Developer
    Amsterdam
    Its out in Canada, and in 4 weeks we'll be done adding some more game-modes, more tutorial and fixed and it will be released worldwide..

additionally iphone and android versions or being worked on..

15. karateka64

karateka64 Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Game Designer
    Scotland
    The game looks awesome. I'll definitely keep a lookout for this when it's out in the UK. Think someone mentioned before, but I agree the art style reminds me of MadWorld.

16. Muppetpuppet

Sep 5, 2013
    Applied Game Developer
    Amsterdam
    Yeh Madworld was very much ahead of its time.. That it took so long for anyone to try and do something similar for mobile beats me..

17. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #18 redribbon, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    Triple A game on mobile, thats it. for a buck i feel like I'm robbing your bank account. uploading gameplay on youtube still on process, got many work to do first today :D

UPDATE: the gameplay video is up and running on my youtube channel, feel free to check it out. :)

18. Muppetpuppet

Sep 5, 2013
    Applied Game Developer
    Amsterdam
    Thats a crisp recording,, kudos.. and a speed run record;)