IAP items "Approved" but doesn't seem "Live"

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by phongtt, Sep 12, 2013.

1. phongtt

phongtt Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2012
  2. skgames

skgames Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2012
    Unfortunately yes :(
    The update 1.6 of Traffic Racer, went live on September 10, however the new IAP was not working. Since I didn't handle "invalid product id", the game was crashing when user tries to buy it. It was like a nightmare. I have mailed a lot to Apple, and got no replies. After 1 day, the IAP became available all of a sudden. What a relief!

Most probably the same thing is happening to you.

3. phongtt

phongtt Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2012
  4. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Annoying. We seem to be having the same issue.

5. reubensapps

reubensapps Member

Apr 11, 2013
    iOS Developer
    San Diego
    Same thing happened to me, but 24 hours later without doing anything the IAP started working.

6. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Happened to me as well, seems like the iap started working about 12 hours after it went live.

7. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Looks like ours started working bang on 24 hours after the update went live.

Alas, there are some bad reviews and customer support requests relating to it that happened in the mean time :/

8. best

best Well-Known Member

IAPs is for greedy money hungry devs. Must be so many that the servers are slow. RIP App store.

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    The devs can't win! You moan about IAPS here. On another of your threads you seem to praise a game with IAPS saying devs need to eat! Then on another you're waiting for a price drop (one reason why devs go freemium!)

10. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Devs deserve to make money don't they?

I don't think these devs are generally making anywhere near the amounts you think. There are few making a huge amount, but most don't make much.