We're mad as hell about iOS games that cost money, have ads, and/or any IAP at all.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tsharpfilm, Nov 3, 2009.

?

Is Canabalt worth $2.99?

1. Yes

213 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. No

293 vote(s)
    48.2%
  3. Not my type of game

102 vote(s)
    16.8%
  1. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    I've never met Adam Saltsman, but I personally created 12 fake TA accounts, 23 fake iTunes accounts, and went on a door to door shilling campaign for CANABALT.

But honestly its only worth like 87.7527661 Russian rubles. :(

2. marshmonkey

marshmonkey Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    This is some Bernie Madoff type of stuff going on here, it is obviously the work of a shady cabal of hooded shills whose life work is to trick freedog out of $2.99.

BEWARE PEOPLE, BEWARE THE SATTELITES OF MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL!
    (that is how they watch you)

3. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    I think that considering competition is really not mandatory in a strange market like the app store. Gameloft often puts some of their premium games at 99c, ngmoco gives away really nice stuff for free. Other devs are free to try other strategies. In the end, despite the price tag, canabalt sold well for a certain amount of time so the experiment was probably a success.

4. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    i dont personally own the game, but yea ive played the flash version and when i saw the price tag i was like wow..this game is worth a dollar in my book. wont be buying it till if/when they drop the price. yay for cheapness ^^

5. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    This is like Cliffe as it hasvrally raw baic gameplay. But Cliffed has online multiplayer so justifies its price tag.

6. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I swear that isn't me posting under another account! :cool:

I forgot to mention that Canabalt is a certified App Classic, #304! So its not just me who thinks its great and worth the money!

[​IMG]
    http://appclassics.com/canabalt

7. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Personally, the game didn't appeal to me whether it's free or $3. Value is in the eye of the beholder so if you want to pay 87 rubles for it, be my guest. My point is don't the blame devs for how they price the game...it's their prerogative. And if you like it, great. If you don't, then chalk it up to experience and do without a coke and candy bar for one day.

8. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Im just one person who doesnt believe the game was worth it, amongst many others. There are several one star reviews in the store from people who feel the same way. Why is it so hard for you to accept other people's opinions?

9. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    seems like anyone expresses their opinion about this game here come Saltman supporters Eli Hodapp(expected) and Ian Marsh's 2 screenies.

10. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Your opinion is worth just as much as anyone elses!
    [​IMG]

11. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    All u do I the game is jump. At least that's what it is in the flash version.
    I don't see how that's worth $3

12. marshmonkey

Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    typical Saltsman-ista propaganda. :mad:

13. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    I didnt even bother to leave a rating for this game. A lot of those one star reviews were found helpful if you look.

Ian its obvious you are a Saltsman supporter/friend. From day one you were in the Canabalt thread promoting Canabalt for him, and defending. Not everyone has to have the same opinion about your friends game k?

14. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    People who review in the app store are idiots. I have proof and I'll put it I the profile soon. First off, kijib's review of pocket god.

15. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    True. I'm doing 3 things right now: Finishing work, reading this thread, and switching my Firefox tab over to Canabalt to play another game. :D

Games in the Appstore are a bit under priced, aren't they? Canabalt is probably well worth the price of a coke and a candy bar, but I'm still on the fence about it, especially with such a limited spending budget. And I would hate to find 3 really good 99 cent games after buying Canabalt.

16. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Man, I can't get anything past you!

Here are the REAL ratings for Canabalt:
    [​IMG]

17. marshmonkey

Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    I just found this paparazzi shot of Ian Marsh and Adam Saltsman getting off the Semisecret (lol not much of a secret am i rite) private Jet. It's no secret those two are high fiving each other under the table if you get my drift.

[​IMG]

18. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I'm going to have to request that picture be removed, I did NOT give permission for that to be taken OR posted! :mad:

19. marshmonkey

Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    The truth is out there people

20. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    No Ian the only thing you cant get past is the fact that people have different opinions about the game and the price for it. And its clear that you are a slatsman friend from day one of the games release. I respect other people's opinions, and I accept regular customers opinions who werent friends with the dev and promoting the game vigorously from day one.