Game for Road Trip

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by DaDramaLlama, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaDramaLlama

DaDramaLlama Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Eliminate Waitingville
    What should I get? In headin to Atlanta and I need a game!

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Isotope. ;)

3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    We Rule and Eliminate

I know you have an iPod and wont be able to play online games with it on the trip. But you seriously cant expect to find an answer to such a question without telling what games you have and like most on your iPod already :p

4. Spocket

Spocket Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    If his profile information is correct, he can't play We Rule or Eliminate on an iPod Touch on a road trip. (Not to mention, it appears he owns both of those in his signature).

5. DaDramaLlama

Oct 27, 2009
    Eliminate Waitingville
    I need a long game. It's a 5 hour ride. I'm looking at Zenonia 2 currently. Any other games?

6. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    GTA: CTW is a good long game
    BIA 2 has quite a long singleplayer and also good multiplayer

7. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    Read the text in white :p

8. Spocket

Dec 26, 2009
    Why would you type in white and expect anyone to read it?

9. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    That's why I suggested Isotope. It seems a good match based on the information in his signature.

I'll add another: Fruit Farm Tycoon.

10. Fletch11

Fletch11 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Exactly andtut pretty bad whats in the white coming from a mod

11. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    I have to admit here, I think its kinda useless to ask others what game one should get for himself. If you were to chose between a few games from same genre then its a good idea to ask others which one is better. But to ask what game one should get with the only criteria being it will be played on a long trip is pretty much pointless. Hence the (attempted) joke post :)

12. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Battery life though. He would need a car charger. For starters, jcs lite and a snake are free. Doodle jump and minigore is both $0.99 and are great time killers.

13. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Well he didn't specify that in his criteria ;)

14. txag2005

txag2005 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    I'd recommend any of the longer RPG's (Zenonia 1 or 2, Inotia 1 or 2). Ravensword and Dungeon Hunter are shorter but pretty cool.

GTA:CTW is the best game on the system in my opinion without a doubt. There is also Tony Hawk 2 (port of the PSX classic).

If you want something with huge length and like turn based strategy, pick up Battle for Wesnoth (hundreds of hours).

Finally, there is Puzzle Quest, which I just got yesterday and is great. It is a match 3 game (like Bejeweled) but also an RPG so it's more than just a high score puzzle game. It's great and you can pick up the lite version and get chapters 1-3 (which is the full game) via in app purchase all for only $5.

15. bmn0210

bmn0210 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2010
    On long trips, variety is the best choice. A fairly long game like GTA or any of the JRPGs is good and will last you, but you're almost certainly going to get tired of playing the same thing non-stop, so you should also download a few puzzle and casual action titles - you can't go far wrong with dual-stick shooters, and quite a few of the arcade game remakes/variations are worth your time - and maybe a Tower Defense or strategy game - Plants Vs Zombies is definitely worth it if you haven't played it, although maybe a little on the easy side. Definitely stay away from accelerometer games since they're no fun in the car (or plane for that matter).

Oh, and pack a book. Not an ebook, I mean a real, paper book. I've probably passed more time on long plane trips reading a good novel than I have with my Gameboy (yes, the original fat gray one from the late '80s :p ), GBA, DS, PSP and iPhone combined.

16. Ace_97

Ace_97 Well-Known Member

Red Conquest for sure. Well now there are more missions so you have a good campaign. While your on your trip you can play the campaign or play skirmish. They when you have an internet connection you can play online multiplayer.

17. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    He didn't. it's on him. But I just informed him of that fact.

18. Spocket

Dec 26, 2009
    Seems like a lot of people are able to help him out.

19. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Cliffed is pretty good for long rides. Canabalt, Doodle Jump, and Hellkid are good too

20. DaDramaLlama

Oct 27, 2009
    Eliminate Waitingville
    Thanks alot. I need more suggestions. I have GTA and I'm currently stuck where I have to get 5000 dollars. I just can't seem to get cash. I'm looking for a story based game to last a while.