Fez 2 Cancelled....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Alister, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    #1 Alister, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
    Wow,who knew that it will be Marcus beer that will push Phil fish over the edge...I just hope its a temporary temper tantrum..Somehow when I watched invisible walls earlier I knew it will cause a chain of events..

Sigh I for one would like to see the original fez for the platform..:(

Btw mods is this the appropriate place for this thread??

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Already taken care of.

3. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Thanks..:)

Geez I just hope phil will get some grip..It was a crazy chain of events..

4. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I'm thinking Phil Fish will come to his senses. Even though Fez II probably wouldn't have been finished for another couple decades, Fez was a huge success... Phil Fish will let it continue. Give him time to cool down from his douchiness..

Seriously ridiculous, though. I can't believe him. David Jaffe demonstrates how to be a great game developer and still be respectful and respectable. Phil Fish demonstrates the exact opposite.

5. Yeah this whole thing was weird though fish always likes to stur up trouble.

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The full headline is "Fez 2 cancelled because dev is a feline".

7. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

The more I see of Phil, the more I wonder if he really was the one in the right regarding the whole drama with his original partner.

I love fez, I'll agree he's brilliant but he's an arrogant, pompous and epitomizes the term douche.

BTW: W/B C-Dawg!

8. I've seen my friend play Fez on PC, and it's such an great video game and I wish that someone else picks this game up

Also, Phil Fish is a total douchebag

9. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I'd be apply to see Fez 1 here on the IOS! Also Super Meat Boy.

10. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Yup me too but its a bit crazy now so it maybe a longshot..Polytron's closing shop I think...Though it could be just a temper tantrum...

About super meat boy,yeah it could be done if it implements the control scheme of league of evil(a true testament on doing touch controls to absolute precision)...They are more focused on mew genics though..I don't think I'll like that game from the looks of it...

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I don't think perfect touch controls would be enough to make SMB work well. Even a physical controller has difficulty handling that kind of precision, you need some kind of laser... stick.

12. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    GI has its article updated. Basically sounds like the guy is leaving the industry.

13. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Sounds a bit self indulgent, almost as bad as one of those quitting a forum, a game, Facebook or the Internet posts.

People that usually make a ruckus about it haven't thought it through, tends to be a bit reactionary and they come back in one form or another.