Growbuds (by OmniChrome)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by OmniChrome, Nov 22, 2013.

1. #1 OmniChrome, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
    Growbuds weed growing sim coming December 4th to iPhone.

Hi, just a quick message to let you all know about the forthcoming release of Growbuds, a new weed growing and breeding game for iPhone.

Grow the 40 true breeding strains included or cross them together to produce your own hybrids and grow those as well.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Manage such things as water, nutrients and ph levels and defend against pest attack to earn enough to buy higher quality seeds and more supplies.

The game has been in development since January and has just been accepted to the App Store ready for a December 4th release and will be available for 99c / 69p.

Cheers

John

2. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Maybe cool, waiting....

3. ToyRookGames

ToyRookGames Active Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Definitely a niche game. Might be pretty cool!

4. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Waiting for it.

5. Thanks
    Screenshots added

John

6. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    I'm well over my weed phase, but this could be nostalgic.
    I used to play this weed simulator game on PC years ago.. Nearly a decade ago actually. (Woah, reality check)
    Was such a good game, despite the exterior looking shallow, often those sorts of games are superficial and a novelty based on the drug elements.. But it was actually a really good game, even non smokers could enjoy it.

So I'm looking forward to this.
    Though, hopefully apple will accept it during the review process!
    This game doesn't seem to directly point to drug references, only implies it, but still, smuggle truck had to be tweaked to become a game about smuggling teddy bears instead of people!
    Goodluck

7. cryformercy

cryformercy Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2013
    ad
    So this is a plant sim game, is the chemical elements list decides how the plants glow? :)

8. Hi Snozberry,

If its the same game I used to play many years ago then I hope my game comes across as a respectful nod in its direction.

By the way Growbuds has been through the review process and has been accepted for sale ready for release on December 4th.

Thanks for the luck!

John

9. The chemical list in the screenshot are the levels of the fertilisers left in the plant pot. You must feed these to the plant in the correct ratios for optimum growth.

Each strain in the game has about 70 different genes that control how the plant grows, from leaf size to how much water it consumes or the final flavours of the buds. These genes combined with how well you look after the plant determine how well it ultimately grows.

When you cross 2 different strains together the offspring will inherit genes from both parents to produce a new hybrid that will grow according to its new genetic code.

Anymore questions just let me know.

Cheers

John

10. Ravekid

Ravekid New Member

Jun 8, 2014
    Help

So I started playing this game and really like it but it's hard as hell and would like to know where I can find a chart or some kind of help showing what levels the plants need I have tried so many different levels of nutes and can't get good buds. Please help and let me know where I can get help thank you. RAVEKID