Beatscribe – Free Original Loop For Your Game + 3 Professional Songs for $275

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by BeatScribe, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Wombiapps

Wombiapps Member

Nov 22, 2012
    We used BeatScribe for our detective game for kids, Wombi Detective:
    [​IMG]
    http://itunes.apple.com/app/id555605455

He did a great job creating the music and sound fx we needed. Thank you for producing that Film Noir atmosphere we wanted!

2. HeadlightInc

HeadlightInc Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    We worked with BeatScribe for both music and sounds for our upcoming game BounceBash. It was super, he got the music ideas of ours and the first version that came within 24 hours of our initial emails was perfect. Same for the sound effects, we got 20+ great sounds with less than a day turnaround. (Plus some very valuable feedback on the gameplay too.)

[​IMG]

I feel like we now have a music and sound secret weapon :)

We'll definitely be using him again for all our next games--and we may even go back and add better sounds and music to some existing ones.

3. BeatScribe

BeatScribe Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    Thanks Headlight. I will definitely post a link to Bounce Bash here. It does some cool stuff; like remixing the main theme when you power up. It goes from 8-bit to awesome modernized chiptune and the graphics change too. It's really a fun game to play.

4. BeatScribe

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    Times running out for the end of the year RepeatScribe and SFX discounts!
    In other news, BeatScribe.com is coming soon, T-shirts and other fun stuff as well. Plus some really awesome new games with Beatscribe sound are coming out before Christmas. Stay tuned for updates.

5. AquaDude

AquaDude New Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Excellent music for my AquaDude on iOs

BeatScribe helped us on our upcoming game Aquadude, he worked closely with us every step of the way to create some challenging underwater sound effects that really brought game to life. That is to say nothing of the phenomenal music that he also created that keep the game moving. He responds quickly to any question or revision request and usually gives us an updated sound or music sample on the same day. We'll definitely use him again for future projects.

Since its release on December 6th:

· Our official AquaDude trailer has had over 31,000 views!
    · Our Facebook page has received almost 2,000 likes!
    · Our US store has received over 52 five-star ratings!
    iTUNES APP DOWNLOAD: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aquadude/id542501084
    OFFICIAL TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW7Kdx7V5Cc
    FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/aquadudegame

6. BeatScribe

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    AquaDude is a seriously addicting little game. I love those backgrounds, it was a blast working on it and inventing 'sci-fi surf music'! :)

Check out http://www.beatscribe.com/ - It's more than just a place to showcase my songs and projects, I'll also be chronicling my journey as a full time indie musician and reminiscing about various retro things that catch my eye. It's up now!

7. BeatScribe

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    [​IMG]

Check out my new retro-inpsired logo. T-shirts coming soon :D

8. BeatScribe

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    Ive started posting some interesting articles on beatscribe.com that can help you learn how to get started with creating 8-bit and 16-bit sounds. Check it out!

9. BeatScribe

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    Some exciting developments in the work! Check out these recently released games with BeatScribe sound:

Cognitile
    AquaDude
    Bounce Bash

They're all worth picking up and tons of fun!

10. BeatScribe

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    More news: I'll be featured in a Midwest Chiptune Compilation coming out soon. Check out www.beatscribe.com for more infos!

11. I'm not ready to share my project yet, but I want to give BeatScribe major props for helping me out. His quality, flexibility and turnaround time all exceeded my wildest expectations.

12. BeatScribe

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    Thanks. Whenever possible, I try to work with those who have a limited budget, are running a kickstarter or anything else that might be roadblock otherwise.

13. DavidCHL

DavidCHL New Member

Mar 3, 2012
  14. BeatScribe

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    Happy to help, we're always here for rush orders and even small orders of 1 song!

15. BravadoWaffle

BravadoWaffle Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    [​IMG]

Beatscribe is doing the music and sfx for our upcoming mobile multiplayer 3d tank arena battle game: zTanks. And we're super stoked to have his musical talents on this project!

He's already pumped out some pretty cool examples for us, and we can't wait to see what he comes up with!

If anybody's interested in checking out zTanks, they can sign up for our online alpha version here: signup.ztanks.com

16. stooone

stooone Member

Dec 9, 2009
    recommend him

Jesse did a great job in our recent kids game's voiceover. The game needs a bilingual (Chinese/English) voice over actor, who is hard to find. He tried with a few voice over actors/actresses, and finally made it without additional charge. We really appreciate his hard work and quick reply each time we contact him. I would say he is a person you can reply on with your audio needs. highly recommend him.

Thanks,
    John
    Vicinno Kids Studio

17. BeatScribe

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
  18. BeatScribe

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    [​IMG]
    Beatscribe was contracted to do the sound effects for an awesome little Unity Racing game called MelonDash a while back. The game is now out as a free alpha which you can play through your browser.

http://www.melondash.net/Alpha/WebPlayer.html

19. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    I'd rather have use of the track without having to renew a license and do not mind it not being exclusive.

20. BeatScribe

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
    I definitely see the merit of both points of view. I guess the way I see it though is that music should be made specifically for any game you create, no matter how simple it is. As classic Nintendo games prove, the music can sometimes do more to create mood and atmosphere than any level of graphics (case in point, Metroid, Legend of Zelda, Megaman 2!!)

For me personally, it doesn't take me very long to write music, so I feel like a flat rate system works good unless we're talking about scoring a movie or something. I also realize many developers are on shoestring budgets. I don't think that should mean their game doesn't need or deserve good sound though.