Diesel Tactics - A dieselpunk inspired, asynchronous turn based strategy game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by T-Go Co Games, Mar 23, 2013.

1. steviebwoy

steviebwoy Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    I'd love to be in on the beta testing for this one too if possible please?

Have you guys considered a hotseat/same device multiplayer mode for this one?

2. T-Go Co Games

T-Go Co Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2013
    Game Developer
    Montreal, Canada
    I'll send you my email details in a PM and if you email me there I'll add you to the beta tester list!

We haven't really thought about hotseat play, but that's a cool idea. Maybe we could work that in in a future patch. Thanks for the input!

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #23 Nullzone, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
    How are things coming along?
    Do you have a timeframe for betatesting already? E.g. around Xmas and the weeks afterwards might be a bad idea for obvious reasons...

Two remarks about the Kaiserreich troops:
    1) Laser guns? Sure, why not. But the name just scratches me in the wrong place, it does not really fit into the setting. Ether guns sound too steampunky. Phlogiston is even earlier (disproven 1783+). Strahlenkanone (raygun) sounds too much like bad 50s SF. Just browsed quickly through laser history on Wikipedia, but no name really struck it with me.
    What did they call electricity in fiction like Frankenstein? That's what might fit best, but I cannot remember the word.
    If you want to stick with the laser concept, I am trying to remember what the stuff the ancient Greeks (there is a story about them using giant mirrors to burn enemy ships; cannot recall details or if it is true) and Leonardo da Vinci did with mirrors was called then: Helio-something, but I cannot find it with a quick search.
    If you want to give me (and possibly other Germans, especially folks from the "dark side") a good laugh, you can always call them Schwarzlichtstrahler (you know, those weird UV disco lights).

2) Mech. Soldat 12: Ok, storytime, kids ;) That is not really the twelfth model in the series. The name came to be when a high-ranking dignitary from the Emperor's War Cabinet visited the test site for the final tests of the most promising model so far. When they tested it with great results on the shooting range, some of the engineers and the dignitary went shouting with excitement: "Voll auf die Zwoelf!" (~"bullseye!"). And somehow the (nick)name "Zwoelf" stuck.

4. T-Go Co Games

Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2013
    Game Developer
    Montreal, Canada
    We hope to be beta testing late December or early January, which I know is not ideal, but it'll probably be more likely in January.

I agree with your thoughts on laser guns not sounding quite right, though oddly I had never really thought of it before. Strahlenkanone sounds cool to me though, the bad SF thing is almost a positive!

As for the Mech. Soldat 12 story you wrote, I love it! You just wrote some official Diesel Tactics canon, my friend! I'm gonna find a way to fit that into the site and the game as I think it's such a cool bit of lore.

Thanks so much for the continued support!

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    You're always welcome!
    I like my games being good, and giving a little help to a nice and responsive developer when I can is the least I can do.

Really nice that you liked the story, looking forward to seeing it ingame ;)
    Now I just need to come up with a good tale for the Schwarzlichtstrahler. Oh noes, typo, Spaceballs silly humor alert: Schwartzlicht :p http://i.imgur.com/BAvtkLw.jpg

6. T-Go Co Games

Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2013
    Game Developer
    Montreal, Canada
    A much delayed update!

Hey everyone!

It’s been a really long time since I’ve posted in the forums here and that was due to some pretty big setbacks in the development of Diesel Tactics.

We’ve had a few team members leave which really stalled some aspects of the project, but we’ve finally got all the pieces back in place again and are making constant progress on the game!

One of our new team members is German Gaussmann who is our animator and I wanted to show off some of his work, so check out these videos of some animation reels of a couple of units form Diesel Tactics!

Here’s the Raketenpanzerbüchse unit from the Kaiserreich nation:

And here’s the HT-A4 “Big Willie” Heavy Armour from the Usonian nation (decked out in blue team colours):

Hope you like the way they look. I think German has done some amazing work on these and it’s looking like Diesel Tactics will be a great looking game!

7. T-Go Co Games

Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2013
    Game Developer
    Montreal, Canada
    Updates being streamlined!

Hey guys,

Just letting everyone who checks out this thread know that I'm continuing all updates on Touch Arcade to this thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=183115

I realized that they've merged the two forums for upcoming iPad and iPhone games so my two threads were redundant.

Thanks for checking out Diesel Tactics!