Melina's Conquest RPG - 3D RPG/Hack and Slash Style Action Adventure game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gamescorpion, Jul 14, 2011.

1. gamescorpion

gamescorpion Well-Known Member

#1 gamescorpion, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
    Hi all, my name is Nav with Game Scorpion Inc., from Ontario, Canada. We are a new game company attempting to release our first game. Right now I personally have development screen shots of our RPG game Melina's Conquest which we are hoping to have released by the end of summer on both the iPad and iPhone. When I get more details I will post them up, but user feedback for now is greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

Synopsis: Melina's Conquest is a 3D Role Playing game set in a mystical land known as Macrion. Melina is a young woman who must avenge her parents who were turned to stone by an evil creature named Giglioblath who servers his master Sallenties whom he believes to be his God. Melina must battle through Giglioblath's minions in the Lost Woods of Macrion in order to reach Giglioblath and obtain the spell that will reverse her parents stone transformation and bring them back to life.

Target Launch Price: $4.99

Target Devices: iPad and iPhone

Graphics Style: 3D

Notes: As this is our first game, we are investing a lot of time and effort into it so that it is successful and many players worldwide purchase it, as this will help to push us further to build more games of this and higher quality. We have not as yet released any video as the game is still in development, but I thought that we might as well introduce ourselves and our new game to the market here FIRST on toucharcade.com.

All positive comments welcome :) Hope you all like what we have so far.

PS: BTW our website is not properly updated, we just put up a silly page on there just for testing purposes as we are in the process of working on a proper official company website, so please disregard our website quality as its quite horrid right now.

Nav
    Game Scorpion Inc.
    http://www.gamescorpion.com

2. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    This looks great. Which game engine do you use? Also how much hours of gameplay can we expect? As a huge fan of RPGs im really looking forward to it!

3. gamescorpion

#3 gamescorpion, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
    Response to Klemen

Hi Klemen,

We are currently not sure as to how many hours of gameplay is involved as yet as the levels are being built right now. Our current task is the battle system which we are trying to make into a real time system rather than a turn based system, but we might change it to a mix of both.

We are still a very young company, only 3 developers lol so its a start, but we are doing our best using our resources.

Thank you so much for your positive feedback :)

We are so very grateful for it as it helps keep myself and our team here motivated.

To give you an idea, I'm personally up around 15-20 hours a day, from 12-3pm I wake up and code until 9am the next morning! Our other lead developer is in India and we are alternating times, it can be a real challenge to try and achieve things but we're keeping God first which keeps us sane and helps out for sure!

Our final code goes into xCode on the mac air that we have, and we have several developer testing devices to test the game on.

The engine we are using is Shiva. Thanks for the great feedback, with God giving us a miracle we will hopefully be able to have our Beta testing start next friday.

Nav
    Game Scorpion Inc.

4. gamescorpion

#4 gamescorpion, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
    More Screenshots

Here are several more in-game screenshots just showing Melina sword slinging in a level lol. Hopefully it will make you all salivate, I pray to God it does LOL :)

Also you'll get to see the user interface, we've tried to keep things pretty simple so that its widely accessible and playable by most users without much need to go over help as to what is what.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nav
    Game Scorpion Inc.

5. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Thanks for the quick response and the screenshots. So this will be a hack and slash style rpg, but can we expect skills? And if, how many? And for which devices will it work? Also will we be able to jump? Sorry for so many questions.

6. ipodrocks123

ipodrocks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Looks alright but everything just blends in. It's need more varity in the landscape. (colors)

7. gamescorpion

Responses

ipodrocks123: LOL That wasn't a level, that was just our test grounds where we are testing her battle moves and various movement. The final levels are in the works right now, so we will be releasing screen shots when those parts are done, but for now, thats just a testing area :) there will definitely be more graphical variety in the game.

Klemen: Skill levels - Yes to an extent, but thats still in the works, it really comes down to time for implementation as we also have to try and meet our deadline time. If it was my choice I would love to put in a massive array of skills and have various upgrade levels, but unfortunately that would push our project further as it takes a lot more time for our team to develop that and then come up with the animations for each. Each animation takes our team between 4-6 hours just to fine tune, and so I can't be too picky. Suffice it to say that if we do have extra time we will be adding in skill levels, if not then it will be scrapped off.

Devices that we have in the works right now are iPad 1 and 2, iPhone/iPod touch devices (We are hoping that it will work on all of them, however it may not be capable of the 2G devices, but we are going to try our best to make it work on all those devices, i can't guarantee the exact devices as yet). Android would be our next step, but thats still in talks at this moment so I wont get into details on that as its still in the "talks" stage lol.

Jump capability will be added once again based on time constraints.

Hope that answered your questions :)

Nav

8. shadon09

shadon09 Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Will this game be compatible with 2nd gen devices?

9. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Thank you for all the answers. One thing that's wondering me... Why did you choose to develop this game with Shiva instead with unity 3D?

10. gamescorpion

#10 gamescorpion, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
    Responses

shadon09: We are hoping that it will be, we will be doing a lot of tests to try and see if will be compatible as that is the hope, however right now no guarantees. Our GOAL however is to have this compatible with ALL iOS platforms.

Klemen: We chose Shiva over Unity due many reasons, however the major one was price.

Here is another screenshot for now and also if anyone has any ideas that they would like to see in the game, we would love the feedback, we just might add it into the game so you will see your feedback directly involved.

We are very greatful for all of your comments and positive feedback as we are a very young company and just 3 developers trying very hard on our first game to make it, so all the help is so very appreciated. Thank you all for your warm support thus far, its our first foot in, so hopefully our graphics and quality will get better in the future if they aren't to the standards of others right now. Please do keep the positive feedback coming, our developers are loving it and so am I personally. Thank you all for keeping us motivated! :)

Nav
    Game Scorpion Inc.

[​IMG]

11. Abi646

Abi646 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    This looks really awesome, and you guys seem like really hard-working devs who are serious about making a good game... The graphics look good, and I like the HUD, except I have 1 suggestion. I don't know why, but I don't like that picture of Melina in the top left corner... I understand why its there, but I don't know, it doesn't really seem appealing. Hope you could change that. Maybe just a different picture?
    Anyways, this really looks cool, and if you can have a storyline and a fun battle system I will be sure to try it out.

12. gamescorpion

#12 gamescorpion, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
    Responses

Abi646: Firstly thank you so very much for your great comments, we are so very grateful for it. I will personally make sure that photo is changed LOL as I do agree with you on that point. Also there is a deep storyline that has been developed surrounding this game which is integrated into parts of our future games which are also rpgs. There are a total of about 7 major games we are planning which are all interconnected to this one. This is actually a prequel to our main game Macrion. After this we are planning to do the other prequel and then release the main game. You can think of Melina's Conquest as the 2nd part in the 7 part series of games. The first part is Mallachos: The Fall of Macrion. Suffice it to say we will do our best to make sure that the game players are into the game story. With God's blessing we pray and hope that this game and story will become so memorable that, dare I say it, it may try "TRY" being the word lol, to become the next LOTR lollll who knows its in God's hands and the players hands as well, but we would love it if we could ever get to that level :) If it does I am SOOOO Throwing a party! LOL!

Nav
    Game Scorpion Inc.

PS: If anyone does give us any ideas or tips that we end up using, I will make a special THANK YOU section and put either your name or User ID from into the game credits so you'll even see yourself in the THANK YOU section as a nice little bonus! :)

PPS: Just updated the suggestion given by Abi646. Thank you for that great suggestion, we will be putting your user id into the game credits. If you wish your full name, please PM me before next week so that we can add your official name if you wish in the game credits instead. THANKS :)

[​IMG]

13. SoulBlade

SoulBlade Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2011
    You could always just add more skills and weapons ect through updates. Counter attacks could be cool. Maybe in another game? If the game is going to have a combat system with a lot of depth, I would recommend letting the player switch through multiple weapons quickly. Kinda like legend of zelda. And make it so that certain weapons work better on certain enemies.

14. Snooper

Snooper Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    This looks so cool. I love RPGs, especially ones where the story is interesting and you're actually interested. Just one question and one suggestion.

Is it going to be open world?

And PLEASE don't make the game too easy. That's what I really hated about Dungeon Hunter 2. The game was great, there were different classes, heaps of loot etc. But by early-mid game I could kill everything without even trying.

Looks great so far, keep up the good work :D

15. gamescorpion

Responses

Snooper: We are hoping for a large open world. As to your other point, we are planning to take a mixed approach and that is basically having the puzzles and challenges in the game that a gamer would like, but also making it easy to pass them if you have no idea. If you can't complete a challenge in 15 min or so, then the game character will help you out by giving you hints. We dont want to frustrate gamers at the same time or else they will toss the game lol, but ya that is what we have been working on thus far :) Thanks for the great positive questions/comments, you guys are great! :) We are so grateful for your words of input thank you Snooper.

SoulBlade: Your idea for skills via updates is something I really like. We might use that...if we do I will make sure your name is put into the credits as well for a thank you, but I will know more by next week, so not to worry I wont forget your great idea :). I really like the zelda style concept you mention about changing weapons fast...I will see if this is feasible near the end or in an update. Thank you so much SoulBlade :)

TouchArcade and the people here are amazing, we are feeling very welcome here as new developers, thank you all for the wonderful positive and great comments! :)

Nav
    Game Scorpion Inc.

16. Snooper

Snooper Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    Cool that sounds like a great idea. I've got no experience with game developing but it must be hard to strike a balance between making an engaging experience for gamers and making it approachable to people with less time/patience/experience. Always great to see devs active in forums, hope your game turns out to be successful.

17. gamescorpion

Latest Screenshots

Here is another screenshot we are releasing for you guys to see what our first tutorial level looks like (This is where the player will be learning how to play the game and what the basic controls are, etc.)

Also, we just created our facebook page so if anyone would like to see any of our future updates or keep track of our progress on this and our future games then please do sign up and you will get to interact with our devs and our staff as well: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Game-Scorpion-Inc/203333623047684

[​IMG]

18. Abi646

Abi646 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Hahaha thanks :D. I really like the fact that you're answering all questions quickly and in depth. Also, new pic looks better than the old one. Can't wait to see this in action

19. gamescorpion

Responses

Abi646: LOL Yes those previous ones were just in a temporary test environment when we were coding Melina's interaction in the game world with various characters and basic movement. At the same time we were developing our levels which is what you are now seeing in the new screenshots :)

20. gamescorpion

#20 gamescorpion, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
    New Screenshot

Hi there, just got another screenshot for you guys to keep on teasing you all ;) LOL

We are well on the way at about 65% completed with the game. There is still a lot to go however we are hoping that we will have it all ready to go by the end of summer 2011...

ALSO -> We just OK'd android, so we will ALSO be having the launch include ANDROID as well as iOS devices! :)

Here's the screenshots, hope you all like it:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nav
    Game Scorpion Inc.