(Synthesizer) SP-909 is free again.

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Ya know, there is no single site dedicated to iOS music creation and apps anywhere near as comprehensive as TA is with iOS gaming. You have to follow a whole bunch of blogs and sites to find out whats what.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    You should totally start one up! Google blogger's free - and if you want an actual .com address it's only something like $14 for a year.

3. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I'll check the app out.

4. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Pretty sweet little app here. Thanks for the heads up, Greyskull!

5. Danny DeVito

Danny DeVito Member

Jan 31, 2013
    DeVito here! This is an amazing app, it reminds me of my electronic art rock band, 'DeVitoka'.

6. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Uhhh... Trying to disguise an advert as a comment? Lol. How does an app remind you of a band... Doesn't make sense.

Anyway, I just downloaded it, I'll check it out then review. And Greyskull, if you decide to make a site, I want in ;)

7. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    You mean a sound community? maybe there could be a forum here in TA?

8. repapermunky

Aug 29, 2012
    It's been suggested many times before, but nothing has been done about it. Unfortunately I don't think it will. I mean in all fairness it IS TouchArcade... So you can't blame them.

9. iamseamonster

iamseamonster Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Darn, missed it again.

I've been looking for decent music app blogs/sites ever since getting an iPhone in '08. The PalmSounds blog is pretty nifty but its not iOS specific and isn't that great at reporting freebies or anything like that.. I'd definitely be interested in an iOS specific site or blog for music creation apps and sound toys... I've thought about starting one myself but honestly my technical knowledge of music tools is very limited.. I wouldn't be a good reporter on that.

As an aside, I'm about to post a price drop thread for a neat little music app/game called Zen Catalyst, go check that out.

10. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Thanks for the heads up!

http://www.discchord.com/ and http://www.idesignsound.com/ are two more really good iOS specific sites. Palmsounds is really good obviously, it is the original after all. But damn that site bogs down both my iPad and PC, plus the comments sections are always dead cos he started moderating the comments (and its not strictly iOS only as you said).

11. repapermunky

Aug 29, 2012
    #11 repapermunky, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
    Okay, this is going to be a really brief semi-off topic post about a music site. I'm considering starting one soon, and I'm thinking about starting a Kickstarter for it. If anyone wants to be a part of it, let me know. You must, at the very least, be a senior member and well know in the community. That's all.

Now on topic; after downloading this synth, my opinion is that it's pretty amateurish. Not terrible, but I'm not going to keep it. But as long as its free, you might as well try it.

12. primozz

primozz Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Ohio
    Bump

Free Again