iPad Games like XCOM?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Avatre, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    #1 Avatre, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    I've just bought XCOM for the PC on the Steam sale, having never played that type of game before, and found I really like it. I know XCOM is on the iPad but the price is a bit steep at the minute, especially after said sale. I was hoping there might be other games like it on the iPad?

I was looking at War of the Zombie but from what I can see that's extremely buggy and quite broken at the minute?

Just gonna edit this and add a request for any games like Heroes of Might and Magic too? Discovered Eador: Masters of the Broken World on the Steam sale too and really like that.

2. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I heard Breach and Clear was Xcom like, it's a tenth of the price as well. ;)

3. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    I have looked at that but put off by the '15 missions' and also thought it might require too much thinking before even starting as I believe you have to choose where to enter etc.

4. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    True. I'll have to think about more games.

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Here are some quality turn based strategy games like X-com (but many with a different setting) to consider: Kingturn, Tactical Soldier: Undead Rising, Aliens Versus Humans, Partia, Mysterious Castle, iWesnoth, World to Conquer, Tactical Warrior, etc. I think most of those are Universal optimized to iPad, but some may not be.

The closest thing to Heroes of Might and Magic on iOS is Palm Kingdoms 2.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Well, nothing quite like XCOM because that is currently on top of its class, but here are some turn-based strategy RPGs you might be interested in (what i can remember):

War of Eustrath
    Warhammer Quest
    Hunters 1 & 2
    Ravenmark
    Tactical Soldier - Undead Rising
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Spectral Souls
    Blazing Souls Accelate
    Great Big War Game
    Rogue Planet

7. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Wait for the release of Shadowrun Returns...I have a feeling it wil be x-com's rival..I based this on the potential I saw from its trailer,just hope its does't disappoint..

Hopefully it drops by next week,just heard it was submitted for review...

8. Oceraux

Oceraux Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Philippines
    LOL on every thread I see that is like this, Exact-Psience is always there! Exact-Psience knows everything (except my secrets)

9. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    +1 to this

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Frozen Synapse differs a little, as it's not exactly turn-based, but as far as being an excellent strategy game goes, it's right there next to X-Com.

11. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Aliens vs Humans

This is better than Xcom!!! Its a copy of the ORIGINAL Xcom game (UFO:Enemy Unknown)

Its a great game, ignore the graphics.

12. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013

I've been looking at that a lot. I like the sound of it and it seems a lot of work has gone into it since the release, but it's difficult to gauge reactions because of that. I'm worried it'll be too difficult for me though as the new XCOM is challenging and apparently dumbed down from the original.

13. aliensvshumans

aliensvshumans Well-Known Member

May 10, 2011
    Get Aliens versus Humans: Missions. The first 5 missions are free. Classic PvP is free. Give it a try. It is <32MB to download.

Al(ien)