Universal [OPEN BETA] Snail Bob 2 for iOS by tinyBuild and Hunter Hamster

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tinyBuild, Jul 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinyBuild

tinyBuild Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Hi everyone! I'm happy to announce the open beta test for Snail Bob 2 - the sequel to the hit Snail Bob iOS game from a few years ago.

Snail Bob has been played over a billion times on the web and mobile, and the iOS version is finally getting a sequel!

• A kids-friendly physics puzzle game
    • 90 mind-bending levels across 3 unique world
    • All the charm and humor you'd expect from a Snail Bob game

To give you an idea, here is the trailer for the first one:

We are working on prepping the marketing for Snail Bob 2, and need your help to beta test the latest builds!

Please use this this link to sign up for beta - http://eepurl.com/bee2SD

FAQ

On Android there are multiple "Snail Bob 1/2/3, etc", why?

- On Android we did per-world releases, so it has Snail Bob 1 which contains World 1, and so on. On iOS they're a bundled together. So the iOS version of Snail Bob 1 contains the first 4 worlds. Snail Bob 2 on iOS will launch with 90 levels across 3 worlds.

Isn't this confusing?

- Why yes, yes it is! We haven't come up with an official name for the iOS sequel yet. If you have any ideas on how to do naming conventions for this title - please suggest in the thread

2. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    I'm game! I have earned some snail creds with the first version. I'm not a kid slash parent so I hope it still counts LOL. Have all the achievements and though hidden under at least 6 (I suspect 13 on the first world) hackers, did do quite well on the leaderboards :cool:

3. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    I would love to test this. Love your games. So far I own all three on iOS and tested Fearless Fantasy. But since I'm already in your system, there is no way to sign up for a new Beta. Thanks in advance if there is any way to get on the list for a new game.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Testing this a bit and i am really enjoying it. More a bite-sized puzzle adventure, but the mechanics are quite simple and charming.

5. txster

txster New Member

Mar 31, 2015
    IT, Gaming
    Montreal, Canada
    This is quite fun - finished world 1 90/90 + 12/12

As per the invite mail we seend feedback via email to the designer ?

6. BadMrFrosty

BadMrFrosty Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Not far in but so far a lot of fun

I thought that having your snail clean the house as a tutorial was pretty clever. Im not that far in yet but seems like it's pretty well polished. More to come as I play some more.

7. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    Very polished, cute, charming fun! I'm just a few levels in, but am quite impressed and looking forward to spending more time with the game.

8. alduinslayer

alduinslayer Active Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Level 2-25 if you fail too many times the fire does not affect the dragons, but the game is just awesome.

9. tinyBuild

Mar 23, 2011
    Hey guys! We're making incredible progress thanks to everyone involved in the beta test :) This makes things sooooo much quicker!

Is anyone interested in helping translate the game?

Looking for Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Polish, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.

PM me for details or just e-mail the developer directly -- Andrey.Kovalishin at gmail

10. stinkatron5000

Mar 23, 2015
    I've been playing SB2 for the last week and I'm really enjoying it. I'm not a kid but love the combination of hidden object and platform. The super simple controls are easy to grasp and I imagine that the cute visuals will appeal to children. As a 35 year old man, I was a bit turned off by the graphics initially but the game has won me over.

Stinks

11. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Played through the first world and it is as good as I remember from the first Snail Bob. It plays absolutely smooth. Didn't find any issues other than that the first level had some text that instructed to get two more stars when I already had taken the second star :D. So may be it is an idea to rephrase it to "get all three stars".

What for me as an adult was the most fun was competing on Game Center and that is lost now in this version, but I understand this is my preference and the developer can decide otherwise for several reasons

12. tinyBuild

Mar 23, 2011
    We just updated TestFlight to the latest, pre-submission build of Snail Bob :) everyone's welcome to test it out!

13. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Hey I love testing and buying your guys games. These are remarkable products. The Snail Bob 2 beta is playing quite nicely. While it has a kid like quality to it, it's clear this is another high quality game from tiny Build. Now I just need to wait patiently for the latest Steam releases to hit the MacBook. :)

14. tinyBuild

Mar 23, 2011
    You guys! Snail Bob 2 is coming out this Thursday! #Hype

15. SwissHiFi

SwissHiFi Active Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Wow! Had the chance to beta test it and loved it! Great mix of puzzle/adventure/action elements with a lot of humour. Instabuy!