Hook Champ - New Trailers + Upcoming Release Sale

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kepa, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    #1 Kepa, Oct 8, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
    Hook Champ is a retro inspired adventure-platformer about using your grappling hook to swing through haunted ruins. Complicating this are the specter-like guardians of the ancient artifacts you're stealing. To help you survive, you can buy character upgrades using treasure you collect. This includes buying new hats and items like rocket powered boots or the thrice-blessed shotgun.

The game has already been submitted to Apple. When the game is released, we're going to have a 66% off sale. The price of the game for the opening weekend will just be 99 cents. This will be the biggest sale we'll have for the game, so get it while it's hot.

Until the game's available for the app store, I'll be posting trailers to this thread. I'll also be around to answer any questions. Hope you like youtube videos. Newest videos at the top:

2. xFinch713x

xFinch713x Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    woohoo! Very good :) I will be buying this when it comes out :)

3. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    I was fortunate enough to beta test this, and I truly love it. One of my all time favorites so far.

4. mebeswordguy

mebeswordguy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    THIS IS MY FAVE game EVAR!

5. double00asian

double00asian Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Nothing like it. Truly original one of my favorite games the best thing you can buy cool hats

6. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    Can't wait for this to be released :D

7. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    To tell you the truth I definitely turned a blind eye on this but since pharmx said this is one of his all time favorites seems like I have to check this out once its out.

8. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    There's just something really satisfying about swinging through the caves, especially when you get on a roll with the right timing for the grapple/reel/swing. There's also some really good replay elements like going back through previously finished levels to get money to upgrade equipment. Plus online leaderboards for bragging rights, a good dose of humor, and retro graphics that bring back nostalgic memories. It may not be for everyone, but I really love this one :D It took me a little bit to get the hang of swinging fluidly, but once you learn how, it's a ton of fun.

9. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Sad to say I didn't even give it the time of the day because of the first screenshots. Hopefully others don't make the mistake as I did, from reading the descriptions sounds to be a very interesting game.

10. agent59512935

agent59512935 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Great Game

As soon as I saw this game was in need of beta testers I instanly joined. One of my favourite game on my iPhone. You should pick this one up. The physics are great and graphics and slot nicer than the video makes them look. Buy it and you won't be disapointed

11. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    It looks fine on the iphone itself. It just doesn't screenshot well. Hopefully it isn't passed up just because of that, because it has a lot to offer. Character upgrading, variety of levels, challenging levels as you keep going.

Tomorrow: New trailer preview of the Bull level set.

12. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    I know I watched the video and was really impressed by the gameplay and good ol' retro feel. I really hope you get the screenshots and app icon right so that doesn't happen since they won't allow vids in the appstore.

13. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    The app icon looks great now. I'll make sure to get some better screenshots.

14. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Can you show the icon soon or is it on the other thread?

15. Thorbjorn

Thorbjorn Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    The icon looks awesome. This is one of my favorite games, so far. It's so addicting... I think it's the swinging... It commands you to love it, haha.

16. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I am proud of the icon our artist did. I'll see if I can get him to sign up to the forums so he can have the privilege of posting it himself. At the risk of hyping up the icon too much, it's the best icon anyone has ever seen, ever.

17. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    New video!

I also updated the first post with this, for new people coming to the thread.

Bull's the hardest series of levels in the game. Until you beat Frog and Bull to unlock the extra Challenge Levels. Then Bull seems easier in hindsight.

Next up in a couple days or so: the Frog level set.

18. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Oh, here's that icon picture I promised awhile back.

[​IMG]

Maybe the most important icon of our generation.

19. Thorbjorn

Thorbjorn Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Clearly, it is.

20. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009