Can I use iSimulate without being a member of the paid dev program?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by ashin, Dec 31, 2011.

1. ashin

ashin New Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Just wondering if anyone's had any experience with this. I haven't found anything to the contrary, but I'd like to be sure before I purchase an expensive new iDevice.

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

3. ashin

ashin New Member

Dec 30, 2011
    So... yes, then?

Sorry if I'm being a bit obtuse -- I'm new to this whole iOS dev thing, and I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious in the video. :)

4. GlennX

GlennX Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    UK
    Anyone with an Intel based mac can use xcode and the simulator. Beyond that you can share a dev licence between machines pretty easily by transferring a few files.

5. ashin

ashin New Member

Dec 30, 2011
    I've got Xcode working fine on my Mac -- it's just that I'd rather not enroll in the $99-a-year dev program until I really need to (yes, I'm poor).

That's why I was wondering about iSimulate. It would be really convenient if I could use it without being in the dev program, which is the question I was unsure of.

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

Read the Documentation where you can find a Tutorial how to set it up.

If it works...

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

...try the Full Version of iSimulate. And when you are ready to go the last mile then pay the $99-a-Year.

7. ashin

ashin New Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Alright, thanks!