Awesome, Fun 3D Game! -Awaiting Approval-

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by trevorchandler, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trevorchandler

trevorchandler Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Hello Everyone,

I am just about to submit my latest game, a 3D free moving fun little action game.

In this first release of this genre, you are a cat that just wants to collect coins, enjoy nice scenery, use your turbo boost and jump while avoiding those crazy dogs!

Here are some screenshots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a cool game, easy to play, very addicting and lots of fun.
    Animated cats and dogs, fun music tracks and action/arcade style fun for everyone!

The movement allows full directional with one joystick, and the other joystick allows free camera movement including up and down.

This game will be a mere 99 cents!

All comments and questions are encouraged and welcomed.

Thanks for looking!

Tecstar Games
    www.battleternal.com
    --> BattlEternal II coming out soon, all new action, levels, gameplay, etc..

2. abruce42

abruce42 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    99cents?! wow thats a great price.
    one Question: how long would an estimated play time be? and what kind of replayability would there be?

3. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    --> Game Creator Reply

Hello,

Thanks for reading the thread!

Basically, at first release there will be 15 unique stages, the game play is relatively fast, and the game gets progressively more difficult.

I would expect a casual finish through the unique levels to take about 2 hours time. That being said, the game will repeat those same levels, but increase the difficulty, so the game play is somewhat unlimited.

Also, the game progress can be saved, so you can continue from where you left off and maintain your score.

After this first release, almost immediately, 15 more unique stages will be added, and then 15 more every 2 weeks. These additional level releases will be in the form of patches, and will not cost additional money.

The new levels will be released not because anything is lacking, but more as a gift to people who buy the game to keep it as fun as possible. Even World of Warcraft adds content (not that I'm addicted or anything...)

This is also the first in a series of very fun, action 3d games.
    We are working on the next one now which is more of a arcade style 3D shoot-em-up. Imagine Super Mario meets Diablo/Torchlight!

Thanks for the questions and interest!

Trevor

4. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    #4 Touchgamer3g, Dec 31, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
    This looks very cute. I like the 3D free roaming theme. I am eagerly awaiting its release! :)

Do you happen to have a gameplay video?

5. Tap Dat App

Tap Dat App Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Graphics look great, I look forward to seeing more games like this for the iDevice and I am like 90% sure I will be picking up this one when it comes out! Let us know once it gets approved! :)

6. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Like this?

[​IMG]

Sorry, couldn't resist ;).

The game looks quite good, never really been the fan of repeated levels with increased diffuculty but I'll be sure to check it out, keep up the good work.

7. jxjja

jxjja Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    what's the name of the game?

8. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    --> Game Creator Reply

Hello all,

I love that picture! Thanks for posting it!

This particular game will be more like an arcade type feel, however, future titles will have very large levels, and they will be static in content. With those types, once you conquer all the levels, you win the game.

These will take a little more time as the levels will be gigantic.
    Our next title will be like this and the levels are so large, I would say it would take 30 minutes just to walk through them non stop, not including interior scenes and underground dungeons.

I will post some screens of that one as it gets closer to release.

Thanks for the comments and thoughts everyone!

- Trevor

9. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Yeah that's a good question lol, you never told us...what is the name of the game?

10. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    --> Game Creator Reply

Hello all,

The name is ...

'Action Cat 3D'

Thanks all,

Trevor

11. TheGreemSim

TheGreemSim Well-Known Member

Any news on whether it's been approved yet? I'd like to see more screenies but I'll probably buy it, it looks promising

12. thankheshe

thankheshe New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I like the design!
    good job.

13. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    --> Game Creator Reply

Hello all,

It usually takes about 2 weeks for the approval process in my experience.

I will keep you all posted, and will probably show some screens from the next title here shortly.

Thanks all!

Trevor

14. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Any news on this game now?

15. Stook

Stook Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Santa Clara, California
    Can you post a video? Hard to tell how it plays in the screenshots.

16. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    --> Dev Reply

Hello Everyone,

I am really sorry for the delays.

The game is ready, and has been, however, when we submitted we were unlucky to find the version of a 3rd party tool we used has introduced a new 'feature' that apple did not approve of with some GUI widgets.

The third fixed it right away, but we didn't find out until the app was rejected.
    It is resubmitted and will probably take 2 weeks from last night to get approved now.

Very sorry for the delay,

Expect to see it very soon now.

Also, this game is very much a quick arcade game, not very involved for people that just want to play a game and have some quick fun.
    We are releasing some other 3d titles that are much more involved for people that like the more complex games.

Thanks everyone for your patience,

Trevor

17. Assassin

Assassin Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Student
    Bunbury,WA
    nice work, the graphics look nice:cool:
    Just wondering, how much battery does it drain?
    Once again the game look nice and as Stook added a video would be nice.:)

18. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    --> Dev Reply

Hello,

I find that the battery can last around 2 hours, or slightly more.
    It seems to take only slightly more than surfing the net on regular brightness.

I think the game will be out now within a week or 2 (as long as the approval process takes this time), but will try to post a video within a week anyhow.

Thanks all!

Trevor

19. deepwater3d

deepwater3d Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Hi all, I'm Aaron, I was environment artist on this game, and I just wanted to make a few comments...

I was really happy with the end look of the graphics of this game, and the size of each level was really good, refreshing in fact. Trevor maybe we could post some of the development screenshots so people can see how we decided on this layout of level design? I think the journey is post worthy in itself.

I personally have a fairly short attention span for games and the good thing about this game is that you are engaged solidly for a good 2-3 minutes per level (or longer?), and provided those dogs dont get you, you can make nice steady progress and get good gamer satisfaction out of this. As a game designer I frequently get annoyed and frustrated at poor design and implementation of game mechanics, but I can honestly say this game is good clean fun, for all ages, and to be honest out of the 4 or 5 shipped titles I have worked on, this would be the one I show to friends on my iPod.
    You dont have to cut this little gem any slack at all, In my opinion.
    I'm very proud of this.

I look forward to seeing this hit the app store, and hearing your feedback.

Greets from New Zealand,
    AaronC

20. ashjacks

ashjacks New Member

Feb 17, 2010
    #20 ashjacks, Feb 17, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
    This game looks great!

The game looks great! Awesome grafics and sounds like loads of fun! I'll buy it for sure. When does it come out?