Get Me Outta Here - RossmanBros WIP

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RossmanBrothersGames, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 RossmanBrothersGames, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    UPDATE ***BETA IS HERE (GO CHECK OUT THE END OF THE THREAD)******

ORIGINAL POST: Hey Touch Arcade community. It is crazy for us to think we are six months past the release of our first game Jump Jack. We wanted to let this community know we are working on something we are pretty excited about. Planning on using this thread as a dev journal type thing to give updates on the project. We would love to get feedback as we work on the project. Here is a sneak preview of our sci-fi action platformer "Get Me Outta Here"

EDIT (Added From Later Posts):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Sweet! Looking forward to seeing the game evolve and excited to be a part of it! :)

3. :D thanks AKD. Glad we'll be having your input!

4. supafly129

supafly129 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    Awesome trailer! Can't wait to play the beta. Also had to subscribe to make sure I don't miss anything, so I expect a post EVERYDAY now :D

5. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Oh hell yea another Rossmanbrothers game! Bring it on!

Fast blasting gun..... Check.

Interest piqued!

Billy

6. ;)

:D excited to get it into people's hands, hopefully this time around we are a bit quicker than our first game

7. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Definitely want in on this.

8. Thanks for the response! Stay tuned to the thread, we probably will be doing a beta for those who have shown interest somewhere down the road.

Also for everyone to check out, here is a GIF showing the animations of the main character from a screen grab my brother took. I'm liking the expressions on this guy, still don't have a name for him. With my brother and I both being bald, we went for the bald old guy as the hero. And yes he is wearing a hospital gown, because in the game he may or may not have been abducted by aliens.

[​IMG]

9. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    This looks good but i don't understand, what is the game about ?

10. Thanks for the comment! We'll release more info about the game soon, as it is still early in development. Just wanted to let everyone know we are working on something.

A brief overview is that this guy will be battling a ship full of aliens with some epic boss battles. Controls will be somewhat inspired by Contra like games, but with some new original mechanics going on.

11. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
  12. :p:D

13. #13 RossmanBrothersGames, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    Hey guys! So the bad news is I had a pretty bad back injury this last weekend and have been stuck in bed for a few days. The good news is I played a lot of Downwell (still can't beat it) and got a lot of work done on the game. Some things are really coming together, and once we get some enemy art I hope I can show you some in game action. Started implementing some cool mechanics and features that I'll show here as well later. In the mean time here is a development shot of the alien spaceship. (A lot of the art is placeholder stuff, made by me not my brother our real artist.) But I'm glad with how it is turning out. A lot of action will be going on in this ship.
    [​IMG]

14. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Ouch! I hope you feel better soon!

15. #15 RossmanBrothersGames, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    Thanks! Starting to get better. Which means I'll be able to be active again, but also means I can't just lay around and work on the game all day :D

16. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Wow! This looks like it's going to be awesome. Jump Jack was rad. And the little clip of this looks great!

17. Thanks rezn! Means a lot. Motivates us to work hard on this one.

18. Hey everyone! Still working hard whenever we can find the time! Been working on different power ups and little things. More to show soon. Here is a look at one of the enemy types you'll be battling against!
    [​IMG]

19. supafly129

supafly129 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    :eek: more more more!

20. haha, I feel the same way! Need more hours in the day.