Best Kairosoft Game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jdragoon19, Aug 15, 2011.

?

What is the best Kairosoft game?

1. Game Dev Story

34 vote(s)
    65.4%
  2. Hot Springs Story

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. Pocket Academy

6 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. Mega Mall Story

11 vote(s)
    21.2%
  1. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    What's the best Kairosoft game? Game Dev Story, Hot Springs Story, Pocket Academy or Mega Mall Story? Tell everyone your fav Kairosoft game and vote on the poll!

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    #2 LOLavi, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
    Mega Mall Story!!

Mainly cause I haven't tried GDS :p but ta says it's most complete so i guess it's best but imo it's better than Pocket Academy so mms it is.

3. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Game Dev Story without a freakin doubt. No other Kairosoft game will EVER top it. One of my Top 10 favorite games of ALL time.

4. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Game Dev Story is the best and nothing can beat it so far. Mega Mall Story is just too plain easy.

5. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    I like MMS' sense of scale :D

GDS is also very good, but it feels (more) complicated (lol) and never 'visually' represents your scale of success (besides the sales charts...)

6. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Game Dev Story it's really easy to play and just sucks away hours, I quite like Pocket Academy as well but I think the simple gameplay of GDS makes it the superior offering.

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Ahh I might have to check GDS out :p Hope it's on sale as I'm low on credits.

8. GDS is probably the best, since it's so simple and the outcome of each game can very each time even if you do the same thing every game.

MMS is also good, but the gameplay mechanic limits itself. There's no "redo" as such to it.

GDS 2 is set to be better than GDS 1 though - let's hope!

9. NinKuji

NinKuji Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Socialworker
    Germany
    thrown a dice between GDS and PA... PA won :D

10. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

Mega Mall Story all the way!

11. koyut

koyut Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Game Dev Story. I own all of them by the way. I have a bit of OCD when it comes to games and MMS is an OCD disaster.

12. undergroundH

undergroundH Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Game Dev Story just tops em all

13. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I had the most fun with Game Dev story. Played like 9 hours straight and went to sleep at like 4AM hahaha.

Pocket Academy was good too but I didn't really like Mega Mall Story. It's too easy. By year 7 or something, I already had 100 million dollars and 500 hearts :eek:

I haven't played hot springs story though...

14. Frankdj

Frankdj Member

Jul 12, 2010
    1. Game Dev Story
    2. Pocket Academy
    3. Mega Mall Story
    4. Hot Springs Story

Game Dev Story is just the perfect combination of strategic choices and managing your resources, something that hasn't been improved in any other Kairosoft game yet. Mega Mall is just simply to easy, there is hardly anything to manage since you have enough money to invest, hire, and buy everything you want.

15. astralWolf

astralWolf Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Freelancer
    USA
    Game Dev Story...none of the other games pulled me in as much as this one did. It's VERY easy to lose track of time with this, and I always find myself trying "just one more time" after every game released. Plus, the theme is more interesting to me than the others.