Civilization Revolution and Civilization Revolution HD both 99 cents TONIGHT.

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I apologize, can't bring up the appinfo right now. Both will be 99 cents at 11:00 PM Eastern Standard (United States) time.

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Sweet ill nab them for free better those then me replaying that "other" infamous 2k game

3. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA

Civilization Revolution

Build. Discover. Conquer. Rule the World!

Lead your civilization from the dawn of man to the modern age and bey…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

Lead your civilization from the dawn of man to the modern age and beyond in Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution. Go head to head with history’s greatest leaders as you wage war, conduct diplomacy, discover new technologies, inspire your nation and build the most powerful empire the world has ever known.

For nearly two decades, the Sid Meier’s Civilization® franchise has been the benchmark for strategy gaming. Now the greatest strategy game of all time arrives for the Apple iPhone™ and iPod® touch with Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution™.

LEAD YOUR PEOPLE TO GREATNESS:

Choose your victory path: military, cultural, economic or scientific. However you choose to lead your people, there’s a way to win.

CHOOSE YOUR CIV:

Choose from 16 Civilizations throughout history (including America, Spain, China, Japan and Germany) to lead to victory.

INTENSE COMBAT:

Triple your strength by combining up to three units into one powerful army and destroy your enemies. Level them up through military victories to gain additional strength and new abilities.

TOUCH BASED CONTROLS:

Completely new interface designed for gesture-based controls. Zoom in with a pinch, move your units with a drag and scroll across the map with a flick.

ACCESSIBLE TO ALL:

Multiple difficulty levels, an integrated tutorial and friendly advisors are all here to help newcomers and seasoned Civ veterans alike.

SAME GAME, SMALLER SCREEN:

Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution for iPhone and iPod touch has all the same civilizations, gameplay and scenarios from the award winning console game. It’s all of the goodness of Civ right in the palm of your hands.

GLOBAL DOMINATION TO GO:

Conquer the world whenever you want, wherever you want, on your time. Save whenever you like, or just use the autosave feature if you get a call.

Visit http://www.2kgames.com/mobile/ for more great games.

для детей старше 12 лет
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Simulation, Strategy
    Release:Aug 10, 2009
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (4)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Civilization Revolution for iPad

Redesigned for the iPad! - Build. Discover. Conquer. Rule the World!

Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution for iP…
    $6.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Redesigned for the iPad! - Build. Discover. Conquer. Rule the World!

Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution for iPad is built upon the foundation of the award-winning title that popularized the “just one more turn” formula on the iPhone platform. Exclusive to the iPad, the World/Scenario Creator is an entirely new feature for Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution for iPad which allows players to customize the world and game parameters to create hundreds of different scenarios and game types, providing limitless hours of entertainment. Additionally, Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution has been updated and optimized for the iPad’s larger 1024x768 pixel high resolution screen, with an enhanced user interface that improves the fidelity of world map tiles, improved controls for better unit movement, leader portraits, icons, and a broader view of the world map enabling increased vision and strategy for tactical gameplay.
    Lead your civilization from the dawn of man to the modern age and beyond in Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution. Go head to head with history’s greatest leaders as you wage war, conduct diplomacy, discover new technologies, inspire your nation and build the most powerful empire the world has ever known.

For nearly two decades, the Sid Meier’s Civilization® franchise has been the benchmark for strategy gaming. Now the greatest strategy game of all time arrives for the Apple iPad with Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution™.

Choose your victory path: military, cultural, economic or scientific. However you choose to lead your people, there’s a way to win.

CHOOSE YOUR CIV:

Choose from 16 Civilizations throughout history (including America, Spain, China, Japan and Germany) to lead to victory.

INTENSE COMBAT:

Triple your strength by combining up to three units into one powerful army and destroy your enemies. Level them up through military victories to gain additional strength and new abilities.

ACCESSIBLE TO ALL:

Multiple difficulty levels, an integrated tutorial and friendly advisors are all here to help newcomers and seasoned Civ veterans alike.

GLOBAL DOMINATION TO GO!

для детей старше 12 лет
    Information
    Seller:
    Release:Apr 01, 2010
    Version:
    User Rating: (7)

4. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    #4 mrbiggles, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
    Ads? $1 now

anyone buy this can report there are ADS in the game? reading many reviews that there are :confused:

also what are any IAPS and how much $?

5. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I hadn't read about the ads until now, and I'd like to know that, too. I was pumped about getting this. Really? :confused:

6. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    People said ads were in legends when it hit 99 cents but I didn't see any...I also redeleted it after 5 minutes

7. Linx550

Linx550 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    #7 Linx550, Feb 21, 2013
    Everything new is IAP,I am highly disappointed. And this,Out of all games I play. Has to get IAP.

8. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    I think the ads are only on the main options screen (the screen to load game, start new game, etc.). It is a small, scrolling banner at the top advertising EA news. I don't believe there are ads during the main game.

The game is very well done and highly recommended if you are a fan of this genre. Don't expect the latest computer version, though. It is more along the lines of the original Civ release. It is the only game I played where I would completely drain my iPod Touch from full battery. Spent many nights seeing the sun come up and having to head in to work just a few hours later.

Not sure how much IAPs are. I'm waiting a day or two to upgrade to know if there are any issues with this update.

9. Outrager

Outrager Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    #9 Outrager, Feb 21, 2013
    I'll download it and tell you guys about the Ads.

The IAP is $3.99 for the bundle or $0.99 for each group of new wonders, buildings and units. I think you save $0.96 buying the bundle? Then it's $2.99 for the multiplayer.

Update: I think they removed the ads now that they have IAPs. I didn't see any on the main screen or in game.

10. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Yeah, the reviews have been saying some nasty things for a while, iirc. It HAD sounded like previously included elements were put behind an iap-wall, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I think I'll grab the ipad version.

11. hawkinabox

hawkinabox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Waterloo, ON
    Having been a Civilizations hound on PC, this one is a no brainer. Downloaded the iPad version and will post thoughts after playing a bit.

12. drach

drach Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    In updating my game, it doesn't seem to be that different except for the IAP's. In truth, I don't even remember any ads to begin with, and I don't see any ads now.

This game is a complete bargain at 99 cents. It is definitely Civilization Lite, but for the Ipad, that's a good thing. I can't imagine playing Civ 5 on my Ipad, at least not at the present time. That game belongs on my PC still.

The new IAP's are really for bonus extras and multiplayer. I don't play Civ multiplayer on any platform, but for those who do, here's your chance.

13. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Thanks for the insight. Bought.

14. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    bump $1

iphone link

Civilization Revolution

Lead your civilization from the dawn of man to the modern age and bey…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

For nearly two decades, the Sid Meier’s Civilization® franchise has been the benchmark for strategy gaming. Now the greatest strategy game of all time arrives for the Apple iPhone™ and iPod® touch with Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution™.

CHOOSE YOUR CIV:

INTENSE COMBAT:

TOUCH BASED CONTROLS:

Completely new interface designed for gesture-based controls. Zoom in with a pinch, move your units with a drag and scroll across the map with a flick.

ACCESSIBLE TO ALL:

SAME GAME, SMALLER SCREEN:

Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution for iPhone and iPod touch has all the same civilizations, gameplay and scenarios from the award winning console game. It’s all of the goodness of Civ right in the palm of your hands.

GLOBAL DOMINATION TO GO:

Conquer the world whenever you want, wherever you want, on your time. Save whenever you like, or just use the autosave feature if you get a call.

для детей старше 12 лет
    Information
    Seller:
    Release:Aug 10, 2009
    Version:
    User Rating: (4)