Pocket devil, top paid third of the usa store, was imitated pocket god

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sophia, Nov 1, 2009.

1. sophia

sophia Member

Nov 1, 2009
    #1 sophia, Nov 1, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
    :) It was imitated pocket god, made a pocket devil, top paid third of the usa store.

[​IMG]

2. zbob

zbob Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    ahh it will pass after a few days!

if not, i smell a lawsuit!

3. sokaroka

sokaroka Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    The creator said he was fine with it.

He said he's happy he has inspired someone.
    That he knew it would only be a matter of time, and he's happy it's an indie dev doing it.

4. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    its pretty much an outlet for all the Pocket God sheeple looking for something new... it got pretty crappy reviews on the US Store... i doubt it will be up for long, who knows tho

5. sophia

sophia Member

Nov 1, 2009
    It's top paid 2nd today in usa

6. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    its only top paid because its in the top 25 and it looks similar to PG, so ppl are picking it up. but yes, it is getting rather negative ratings. last time i looked average rating was 2.5 stars. so itll pass soon, cant wait for it to get off the charts

7. Udubudu

Udubudu Member

May 14, 2009
    Played it. Pocket god is much better. Looks like a crappy copy of pocket god but thats my opinion

8. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    they were just trying to come off as above it and better for it in the public eye. if they're human, they'd be rightfully pissed off, if not only because they themselves wanted to do an underworld version of pocket god. but some other person took the idea, ripped them off completely, and is now making good money with it. they even had the nerve to just blatantly call it "pocket devil." it's an obvious attempt to ride the coat tails of a successful product, and it's a pretty scummy move no matter how you slice it.

as a side note, i've never even played pocket god or pocket devil, so this is just from my outside point of view.

9. Eney

Eney Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    McDonalds
    Yeah I was very disappointed. I bought it thinking it would be a darker version of PG but of course it was junk. The graphics are bad, its definitely not as smooth as PG, and there's only like six things you can do. Don't buy it.

10. sophia

sophia Member

Nov 1, 2009
    It's top one now:(

11. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    yay...

12. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    i wish it would just fade into the distance already..i dont like seeing it on the charts. its an eyesore.

13. aluren

aluren Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    They should have added alot of feature to this instead of releasing a scratch version to start off. Pocket God already has 28 updates. I don't mind clones (check out the tower defense genre), but I don't think this stands out at all. This is like episode two of Stick Wars vs Castle Defense.