We have decided to remove any overtly sexual content from the App Store

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by fwish, Feb 19, 2010.

1. fwish

fwish Well-Known Member

toady I recieved 7 letters from apple, my 7 novels have been removed from sale:eek:

Dear Orangefish.INC,

The App Store continues to evolve, and as such, we are constantly refining our guidelines. Your application, invisible girl, contains content that we had originally believed to be suitable for distribution. However, we have recently received numerous complaints from our customers about this type of content, and have changed our guidelines appropriately.

We have decided to remove any overtly sexual content from the App Store, which includes your application.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter. If you believe you can make the necessary changes so that invisible girl complies with our recent changes, we encourage you to do so and resubmit for review.

Sincerely,
    iPhone App Review

but the fact is, if there is one word talking about sex in this novel, I will kill myself!!!!!

why, apple removed it without read it frist?

I have to resubmit them, but before that, my novels were in top book free in some country, I guess after that,I will lose my position.

so sad and angry about what had happened

and more sad and angry to find out so many sexy pic apps still there, apple,what are you doing?:confused:

2. bravetarget

bravetarget Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    They are realllly crackin down, they removed my rng app that had girls in bikinis in it. Not a big loss though, it was only pulling in 20-40 a day worldwide.

3. mobile1up

mobile1up Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    20-40 a day worldwide? pretty good numbers if you ask some developers.

4. RobyOneKenoby

RobyOneKenoby Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Well guys they also removed my game called Manga Strip Poker who have only bikini girl at the end as well but the worst part is they still have in app store playboy apps and much worster they have Sexy poker 2009 that is another competitor of my title , the only 'little' differenceis that it is from gameloft ... is this democrazcy I don't think so...

5. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I reported Sexy Poker to Apple, I wonder if and how long it'll take to get removed.

6. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    wow, they even took off Daisy Mae.

7. fwish

fwish Well-Known Member

after I wrote apple a letter to tell them there is no such thing in my book, they restored my book now:)

but my book is no longer in top free book:confused:

guess just bad lucky

8. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Why even have the 17+ rating? I downloaded an update for iKarmasutra yesterday how is that not removed it was updated to add descriptions on performing sexual acts!

9. Chem7

Chem7 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    This is the dumbest thing that Apple have done in a long time.

@Fwish, I just downloaded your book. Sorry ya lost your top spot.

10. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

It's the American way. Killing is fine, sex is taboo.

How about this new game description (released today). Apparently selling drinking style games to the kiddies is fine:

11. Will_Mobile_Pie

Will_Mobile_Pie Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Creative Producer @ Mobile Pie
    Bristol, UK
    I can't belive Apple are wading in to censorship. I really think this is going to get some kick back from devs. If Apple won't approve concepts and the stuff they're pulling isn't against their terms and agreements this is totally unjust and unfair. The only way you can now find out if a product is suitable for sale by Apple is to build and submit it, then for it to be at the mercy of their whim? No thanks.

I can see this leading a lot of people to jailbreak their devices. Apple really aren't the arbiters of all taste and decency and acting like that is going to make people reclaim and open their devices.

12. brucostam

brucostam Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Game Developer
    Brazil
    Hey guys... im the developer of the game Alcohol Frenzy that was quoted in a reply on this post. ( you can take a look at the game post here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=45946 ).

Ok, i didn't liked Apple's decision at all. I think that everywhere, in every stuff that has exposure we will find people complaining about everything with different points of view.

So why to take titles off because of some ( maybe hundreds or thousands ) of complains ?
    Thats not the rating purpose ?
    If you dont want your kids playing games with girls in bikinis just limit their ipod rate.
    If limiting the rates is not enough maybe its because the developers aren't choosing proper rates and Apple is accepting it. So both should have a better common sense and a strict review to put the rates up if necessary.
    But removing it ??? :confused:

And in defense of my title. The thing is that body show is way too explicit then alcohol. Psychologically saying, it is more offensive in my opinion.
    But once again... not approving Apples decision. For me, every single app should be able to go online.