Universal Minigore 2: Zombies - (by Mountain Sheep)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Wait... Mg1 has 666 pages? Sh!t!!! XD

2. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    My original point was that I said I'll never be able to trust another TA review with such a massive difference in rating between two games that, at the very least, should be rated equally. I had to make a comparison to the most obvious example of what I felt was an overrated game since I feel the issue is as much with some of TA's reviews as it is with just Minugore 2.

It's definitely nothing 'against' God of Blades. I like the game and it is gorgeous. But I almost would rather take some magic mushrooms and watch the backgrounds as someone else actually plays it.

3. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Hell yeah, if you're saying the 5 star rating that GoB got from TA was unwarranted, I'm with ya! I for one can relate to this because I played GoB and it wasn't "great" by any means. Good yes, but not great.

Ever since that, I never took TA reviews seriously. I mean, SMAMC...5 stars, really? Basically the old game with an eye for freemium/IAPs and they gave that 5 stars too.

So yeah, now I just read them to get an idea, but give no shits about the ultimate score.

4. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    Can we get iCloud saves?

5. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Jouni did you guys ever consider making the melee weapons available as individual upgrades, instead of them being tied directly to your character upgrades?

Also, do most people use the pause button to access the shop instead of going into it from within the board itself? The shop in the board seems like more of an emergency escape route if you're near it, or it's just there for novelty. I don't think I've gone into it once.

6. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    #1026 SumoSplash, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
    Yes, I'm saying that the 5 star rating for God of Blades is unwarranted as the 3.5 star rating for Minigore 2. They are both equally inaccurate, and I feel accuracy counts more than opinion when it comes to professional reviews. The ironic part is the actual review of the God of Blades talks about the bland gamely in the first paragraph but still receives a 5 star review, and the overall feel of the Minigore 2 review had me believe it was going to be at least 4 stars, until I scrolled down and saw the slighted 3.5. The context often contradicts the actual rating.

But before I get ran off the forum by the TA police, I should clarify that there are plenty of TA ratings I DO agree with. It's only the blatant injustices that I'm highlighting here.

7. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    I got a question I'm digging the game but I'm confused after i kill a boss and play the lvl again it says night 2 am I supposed to beat them again? Or do you beat the Boss then go to next lvl and then beat that boss? What happens when you beat all 7 lvls what's after that?

8. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    #1028 Paul202, Dec 15, 2012
    I'd the developers are reading this, could you consider an update where the beast is able to collect coins? I just went into beast mode, killed the Grim Reaper who dropped a couple thousand coins, but just as I went back into human mode and started trying to collect the money, it took me to the shop ad I started another day!

Also, what is the max level? Furthermore, I have noticed that different characters start out with different weapons. Is there any character that starts out with the Dual MG's?

9. kalle@mountainsheep

Dec 6, 2012
    Just fixed coin related bugs yesterday.
    edit: So just wait for next update.

10. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    so I had a half star left against the boss in the last level. I bought the 4th heart upgrade, and the fast walking upgrade. When I return to the game I have 0 points and started over on same level. Bug?

Also, is there a rhyme or reason for the game auto moving you to a different level once I've reached the 2nd night on a particular level? why wouldn't it keep me at same level?

11. Karl Schmidt

Karl Schmidt Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Do you fixed the crash-bug?

12. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Are those extra heart and faster running upgrades permanent?

13. kalle@mountainsheep

Dec 6, 2012
    Those are single use items until you die.
    Hardcore mode is permanent.

14. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Can someone answer my question?

15. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Whats the crash bug?

Does this game crash a lot?

16. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    #1036 tblrsa, Dec 15, 2012
    It might happen that the game messed up the save game, thus rendering you unable to start it. I´ve provided my save files to Jouni from Mountain Sheep, so they can hopefully fix the issue soon.

17. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    You can progress through each night on the same level for as long as you can go before you get killed. The boss will reappear each time, but each night becomes more difficult. Or you can do one night for one board and then jump to another board and do another night. As long as you don't die, your progress will be saved, so you can jump from Night 2 on one board back to Night 4 on another board, and so on.

18. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    thought id share these old picture to show just how far minigore zombies has come. These images were in the original Minigore beta group that i just went back and looked at

user20429_pic1975_1256107178.jpg

user26261_pic1815_1254978010.jpg

user37013_pic4313_1276799647 (1).png

if you notice, the graphics are obviously better, but some of the elements stayed the same.

BTW if Jouni sees this.....what happened to the single-barrel shotgun in the snow level picture?

19. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Also another quick note to people who are unaware, everytime you hit 'shop', it credits your current coin/soul count into your shop balance. You aren't losing cash.

Also, with the shop, I went shopping while Monstrosity was on screen, and when I returned, he was gone and Metusalem appeared. Skipping bosses? :p

20. Jouni

Jouni Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Mountain Sheep
    Finland
    We just ran the latest (next update) version of the game with your files and it didn't crash - which is good news as it suggests the issues may be squashed, but we'll run it now with the current 1.1 version just to see exactly what was going wrong before.

I've been trying unsuccessfully to crash my own device for hours, so thank you for these. :)