Vixes $1.99 -> Free

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Afftor, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Afftor

Afftor Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Game Designer
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

iTunes link

2. Adding appinfo=all, so we all can see the app description

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

3. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Not really a deal, it's been free all but 10 days or so since August.

4. I don't have kids, but this app has very nice graphics and voiceovers. I am going to try it on hdmi tv cause it looks pretty sharp. Worth the time to download just for the graphics and voice alone.

5. Afftor

Afftor Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Game Designer
    Thank you - I hope you'll have fun reading our book! If you'll have any feedback or ideas on how to improve it - we'd be glad if you could share.

6. I am having some female friends over tonight, so I'm going to watch this via hdmi on my bigscreen tv for all of us just like I have been doing with some downloaded 1080p movies. One of the girls really likes cute things, so I'll let you know if she likes it. Too bad that Ninjackid can't come over for a kids perspective, but I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

It would be cool to have kids and have a storybook show on tv via hdmi, gotta see if this works. I also wonder if my female friends like it, but it should be humourous for sure! I'll let you know what they think!

7. My friends just left. We all enjoyed this app on my tv. My friend Linda really liked it alot. It wasn't just a storybook but has alot of interactive puzzles and was coool, we all were looking at the tv trying to figure out the puzzles together.

The whole story took us about 15 minutes, and it was a blast even for adults. Highly recommended!

8. Afftor

Afftor Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Game Designer
    Thanks, really glad to hear that! )

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    You mean it's not a price drop. It's still a deal ;)

10. Afftor

Afftor Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Game Designer
    Yes, it's a deal - we've been free for some time, and soon we're going to go paid again. ))

11. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Chicks dig Vixes?
    Downloading...

12. Afftor

Afftor Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Game Designer
    Apparently - cam as a pleasant surprise to us as well! :)))

13. Haha, yeah, we all had some fun with it on my tv. Going to bring it over to my niece's house and watch it over there too. I think they too will enjoy it alot. But definitely, if you have kids, show this to your kids on a bigscreen tv, they will like it alot.

And yeah, probably would make a good date app for any chicks, cause Vixes are so cute! Haha.. :p

14. Afftor

Afftor Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Game Designer
    Thanks again! ))

15. Hehe, you welcome, and thank you.

It would be kind of interesting to see a storybook with puzzles like this for adults. Something that you could play together on a date, with a friend; or use on your tv at a party. I actually would love this kind of game, I haven't seen anything like what I am talking about on the market. Seen a lot of storybooks with puzzle games for kids, but never for adults for social interaction.

Maybe someday you could develop one. You could make the first volume free, then sell each new volume for a buck. This would be a great way to encourage social interaction on a date, with a friend, or at a party on tv hdmi with friends.

Anyway, something for you to consider, if it sells well, you can send royalties to the Connector! Just kidding! Haha. Just seems like a good idea to me.

16. Afftor

Afftor Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Game Designer
    Hey, thanks for the idea! ))

Though I know a game that you might enjoy then - it's called The Act (by Chillingo) - it's an interactive quest/story with simple actions that you take from time to time and lots of humor. It's very well done (though I can not imagine how much it was to develop - probably a fortune).

17. Hmmm... Would this game work well at a party with a couple of friends using my new ipad with hdmi to my tv? Are the controls simple enough that I wouldn't have to be constantly looking at my ipad for the controls?

If so, heck yeah, I will buy it, cause I can go to my friends homes, bring the hdmi connector, plug it into my tv and have an interactive social game day. Would be a blast, I really am looking for games like this, but I really can't find any, cause either the controls won't work well with tv, the game is too joystick action based, or the puzzles are too difficult for casual use. Also, it would be funner if the games were more minigame based and shorter, cause the perfect length of time for a game like this may be about 15-20 minutes. That's the main concern for the Act for me, isn't the game way too long for one sitting?

18. Afftor

Afftor Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Game Designer
    Yeah, I guess it would - I think the game itself is paid (and quite expensive btw), but you can check Youtube review / trailer to see if you'll like it (simple look for The Act review). I personally enjoyed it, and the game is like 20 minutes long at best (which is why their price seems too high, also). ))

19. Oh good 20 minutes long? That is perfect for a party, you got me curious, I will buy it, it looks like its only a buck right now. Sounds like a blast to play together with friends on a tv at a party. Will try it. Thanks.

20. Oliver Splash

Oliver Splash Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012