Rpg?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Balu`, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Hi there!
    I'm looking for an RPG game, wich has a good, detailed storyline and a quite long gameplay. Any ideas?

Thanks, Balu

2. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    life

just go outside and you'll be playing instantly!

3. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
  4. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Thanks for the idea, LBG!
    Any other suggestions?

5. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    maybe zenonia
    grafic is like the older zelda on gb advance
    but it has a good/evil story line
    and 3 characters
    i finished my first game in 17 hours
    and now i play the good side

6. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Dungeon Hunter. They have a lite version and its on sale right now.
    I didn't get too far into it, but I know it was a #2 top grossing App that saw thousands and thousands of downloads.
    Are you looking for 3d rpg or a zelda type old school rpg?
    What ever happened to "Secret of Mana" or Evermore?
    Those were really cool.

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    The Quest (plus several expansions)
    Undercroft
    DragonBane II

The first two of these have lite versions, check those out and see if you like them. DBII is similar, a port of an old RPG which is very long, and has a decent storyline.

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    If you're into old school style play, check out The Quest and Undercroft. The Quest requires a heavy dose of patience (which I lacked, alas), but Undercroft is a ton of fun from the get go.

9. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    The only one I can think of would be Vay. Most of the RPGs available on iPhone are either action RPG, which are usually hack n slash, or the social MMOs that started on Facebook. There isn't really much available in the traditional story-heavy FF mold, except Vay and possibly the Quest, but i find that one hard to enjoy.

10. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Hey, Josh. I'd just like to thank you for your great attitude as a dev and the amount that you have participated/contributed in the TA community.
    I wish you lots of success with 'Ravensword' and I look foward to it's release.
    :)

11. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    @mattll: I've checked out the lite version of Zenonia, and i simply hate the graphics. :-/

@JoshCM: I'm looking for an old school rpg. A good storyline if over killing hundreds of monsters (Dungeon Hunter). :)

@drelbs: I'll check 'em out, thanks!

Also, I've seen Elven Chronicles, what do you think about it?

12. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    everyone will buy this game :)

13. jxjja

jxjja Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Ravensword
    Dungeon Hunter
    Crusade of Destiny

14. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Good question, I haven't found one I love yet either. I got Zenonia, which I just couldn't get into. I still have it taking up space hoping one day I can get into it. Gamevil also has Hybrid, eternal whisper. Not really rpg but has some similar elements. I loved that game until I got stuck in a battle I can't win and no way to go back out of it and get items or train up.

Are any of the previously mentioned RPGs turn based? I would like to get one of those if they have a good one. Golden Sun for GBA was my favorite RPG would love to see something similar to that..

15. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Oh - thank you!
    I feel like without you guys (the community) Ravensword would not be as good or as hyped :)p) as it is. I guess the jury is still out whether its good... If Apple would only throw us a bone here and put it up on the App store!

16. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Hm, seeing the comments, it looks like Ravensword will be the game for me. Let's hope, that it will be as great as you people say. :)

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I had the same problem with Hybrid -- stuck with no way to go back and get more health, etc. Thought about restarting and gave up on it instead.

There are several turn-based options already mentioned. Undercroft and Elven Chronicles are both turn based; the Quest is technically not turn based, but it might as well be... If you don't mind something more retro, you can check out RPG Quest: Minimae.

18. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    when i listened to the podcast and u said that it might be released tomorrow [which..is today :p] i was like damnnn thatd be awesome im dying to play RS..anyways Balu definitely wait for Ravensword. DH is fun imo, but i think RS is g2b better.

19. Human

Human Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Im pretty sure in life there arent any mythical creatures to bash around and whatnot - unless u live in Narnia or sumthing

20. Dark_Messenger

Dark_Messenger Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Check out zenonia and the quest. Their both friggin awesome in its respective ways. Whatever you do skip guardian soul.