Restrict iPhone 3GS

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by skullbang, Feb 14, 2013.

1. skullbang

skullbang Active Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Is there anyway to release an universal app but prevent iPhone 3GS users from purchasing and installing it? Our game doesn't work very well in lower resolutions but run fine on iPhone 4 and above, as well as iPad 1.

Would be a shame to block all iPhone users just because of a device that maybe 5% will be using, but on the other hand I don't want to risk people paying for something that is pretty much unusable and leave bad reviews...

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Leave big warning signs that say don't not download on this device or write apple the description I believe

3. BlackRider on StackOverflow says:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13672211/how-to-prevent-installing-on-iphone-3gs

4. skullbang

skullbang Active Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Cheers. You can't change the description based on device though right, it would just have to be a warning that is visible for everyone?

5. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

That's right. You just have to say that while it is compatible for all devices, the app may not run as well on the older ones (i.e. iPhone 3GS).

6. skullbang

skullbang Active Member

Nov 9, 2012
  7. No big deal. It's an underpowered device too.