Anomaly Warzone Earth HD + Anomaly Korea - $1.99 Each

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by syntheticvoid, Feb 8, 2013.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]

Anomaly Warzone Earth HD

Winner of the prestigious Apple Design Award.
    WINNER! Best App Ever Awards 2011 Best Graphics.

Anomaly Warz…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $3.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Winner of the prestigious Apple Design Award.
    WINNER! Best App Ever Awards 2011 Best Graphics.

Anomaly Warzone Earth HD comes to iOS and turns tower defense on its head. This time you take control of the attacking force, pitting your heavily armored squad against the destructive towers of an alien horde. Carefully lead your squad through the invaders' defenses, shattering their towers and turrets with special weapons and power-ups in this groundbreaking new experience of tower offense.

Press Quotes
    "Simply Incredible." — TouchArcade

"It's a rare innovator in a genre packed with wannabes and copycats.” — PocketGamer

"Its glorious mix of tactics and action is both instantly accessible and deceptively deep." — GamePro

“Anomaly has great visuals with a futuristic feel and outstanding explosions.” —AppAdvice

“Forget everything you know about tower defense games, because in Anomaly Warzone Earth you play as the invading army.” — Slide To Play

"One of the best games the App Store has to offer. Download it without hesitation." — Modojo

Anomaly Warzone Earth Highlights
    • Experience a new type of tower defense formula where you’re the attacking side.
    • Deploy special weapons to break through alien defenses or use stealth to slip through unscathed.
    • Think tactically and choose the right squad and route to guarantee success.
    • Strategically gather resources to buy and upgrade new and more powerful units.
    • Play for hours on end in three unique and engaging modes of play.
    • Exclusive Squad Assault mode.
    • Immerse yourself in the cutting-edge, high-definition graphics and atmospheric soundtrack.

For more information or support, please visit www.chillingo.com

*** For the best in free games and deal visit deals.chillingo.com ***

Important Consumer Information. This app: Requires acceptance of EA's Privacy & Cookie Policy, TOS and EULA. Contains advertisments for EA and its partners. Contains direct links to the internet.

Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
    Privacy & Cookie Policy : http://www.ea.com/privacy-policy
    EULA : http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/GM/
    Visit http://www.chillingo.com/about/game-faqs/ for assistance or inquiries.

EA may retire online features and services after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Aug 11, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (6)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Anomaly Korea

"Anomaly Korea is, right out of the gate, one of the most impressive titles I've ever seen on iOS." - TUAW
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $3.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "Anomaly Korea is, right out of the gate, one of the most impressive titles I've ever seen on iOS." - TUAW

"Anomaly Korea continues to impress with the same great gameplay and concepts as its predecessor..." — TouchArcade

"...if you loved Warzone Earth, you'll find much to rave about with this spirited follow-up." — Modojo

"The Anomaly series takes tower defence and turns it on its head." — Pocket Gamer

The sequel to the critically acclaimed ‘Anomaly Warzone Earth’.

The alien robots are back and this time they’ve got Korea in their sights. It’s your job to lead a squad into fierce fire-fights and fend off the alien invasion. Plan your routes carefully and use armoured units and attacking powers to turn the tide of war against a horde of new enemy threats.

This isn’t tower defense it’s tower offense!

AWARD-WINNING GAMEPLAY
    Flipping the tower defense genre on its head, you play the invaders leading your unit into alien-infested districts. Plan carefully, use your money and powers wisely, and make it through unscathed.

A NEW WAY TO PLAY
    Keep an eye on the action from a top-down perspective and use tactile touch controls to assemble your squad, plan your route using the new tactical map and simply execute player powers such as Boost, which speeds up your unit’s offense. Test your leadership abilities in the new ‘Art of War’ trials.

CUTTING-EDGE PRESENTATION
    This thrilling portable strategy game comes to life in stunning detail on your device with stunning high-definition visuals and attention to detail. Anomaly Korea delivers an atmospheric soundtrack and full voice acting – this is console gameplay on a portable device.

Game Features:
    • A sequel to the award-winning Anomaly Warzone Earth
    • Think tactically across 12 new missions
    • Deploy new player powers and units to take on new enemies
    • Put your skills to the test in ‘Art of War’ mode
    • Cutting-edge visuals and a stunning soundtrack with full voice acting
    • UNIVERSAL: Works beautifully on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad mini and iPad

For more information or support, please visit www.anomalykorea.com
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Adventure, Strategy
    Release:Dec 20, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (8)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Both are must own titles.

2. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    If TD gameplay strikes me as just a bit too monotonous (as in, the waiting period between setting up towers while the waves just die kills the momentum) do the anomaly games switch the formula up enough to keep the player constantly engaged? It seems like they do, but I'd love to hear the thoughts of some vets before pulling the trigger on a purchase.

Thanks!

3. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    so many of these type games im sure everyone has one, unless there is something unique added its same old thing.

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I know exactly what you mean - it's what keeps me from really getting into the TD genre... but with the Anomaly titles and the reverse TD formula, it does keep you busy for the most part. There are some parts where you'll need to wait until you move on and reach the next group of enemies, but there is a FF button, and this usually only happens when you take the time to make a route to kill all of the enemies in a section, usually leaving you in the back of the area...

But yes... for the most part, you are constantly engaged, more so in Anomaly Korea since you've got extra units that you need to pay attention to while they charge up shots, and then tap on the screen to fire, blah blah... I'd go with Korea if you're really worried about breaks in action. =oP

5. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Sounds good. Thanks for taking the time to reply!

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The only tower defense games i really liked are PVZ and Sentinel series. The others i loved are Dungeon Defenders and Elements Defender which felt more than just placing towers as you move around killing stuff yourself.

More so, Anomaly titles are waaaay different than these, in a way that it doesnt fel like a tower defense title at all... You are there to actually crush these towers now, so in essence, you wont even be defending.

And these have been staples on my ithings as long as i can remember.

Im sure you'd like it.

7. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I haven't played any games in the Anomaly series, but essentially, you play as the "creeps" right? Not the towers?

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That's the idea... Actually you are the creeps' controller, coz you throw stuff at your own creeps to strengthen them, heal, avoid certain types of attacks etc. And you also dictate the path they take... :D

9. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    They have a demo for the PC on Steam if you want to try it out to see if it fits your style. I used to love tower defense games back in college..but find it hard to get into them now a days.

10. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    The main reason they bore me is because most of them aren't truly strategy games, though they usually pretend to be (well, that and the preposterous number of td games that have been released). The actual gameplay for most TD games is closer in line with puzzle games.

11. Outrager

Outrager Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    #11 Outrager, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
    If I only get one, which one would you guys recommend?
    ---
    So I decided to just get the first one and play that a little since I have a slight backlog on my iPad and only 16GB. Then if I like it I can always wait for another sale to get Anomaly Korea or it might even still be on sale when I finish the first one.

12. SyKot

SyKot Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Which one should I get?

13. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    $1.99 again.

14. rezzo

rezzo Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Same question here.

Anomaly Korea or Anomaly Warzone Earth? (for use only in a iPhone 5)

15. AaronLee

AaronLee Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Interactive Designer
    Philadelphia
    Yep, wondering that myself. Going to get one for sure, but which is the best to start with?

16. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Personally, I like Korea better. For some reason -- and maybe it's just that I suck -- the first one seemed to ramp up the difficulty fairly quickly. But Korea seems to ease you into it more (and it's not necessary to play the first one).

Both are great games. To me, they're more fun than traditional TDs.

17. phrenik

phrenik Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Nurse
    City of Coffee
    Might as well get the newest one,Mather if you like it enough get the first. It is the same fundamentals, Korea just adds an extra ish units, more enemy types and special helping skills. Both are great, I did not hesitate to pay full price when Korea came out, and feel it was worth it. It's a very fun game, one of the only few td like games that I finished.

I have to agree with the others about td games on the ios. They just don't have the same feel from the ums games on Starcraft and Warcraft days! If I knew how to program etc, I would have tried to make a few lol. But that's besides the put, this isn't boring at all like many "standard" td's on the ios platform where all you basically do is placement of tower and upgrade (oversimplified, but you get the idea). For this reverse td, you pick your unit/upgrade (applies only for that unit that level) with the slotted cash and start, buy units when you get more cash, and destroy the towers. As the overseer of your units, you can also use special skills like heal in an area etc. (don't want to spoil all the skills you get), or tap buttons when an enemy is blocking your ability to use skills I etc. highly recommended, especially on sale

18. rezzo

rezzo Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Thanks for the tips, I bought Anomaly Korea.

19. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    There's no point in buying Korea if you have a touch 4th gen as it crashes on level 6 (or about there) and you can't get past it. Shame because up to that point it was very good.