Flite - Tap your way up through spinning obstacles in this new high-score chaser

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Appsolute Games, Apr 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Appsolute Games

Appsolute Games Well-Known Member

#1 Appsolute Games, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
    [​IMG]

Hey TA!

We are releasing a new game exclusively on iOS which will be available globally on 5/21/15! Flite is a casual high-score chaser where your goal is to travel upwards, avoiding unique spinning obstacles, while trying to collect as many stars as you can. The game will be Free with the option to Remove Ads.

If you are interested to go hands-on with the game prior to the release please fill out the Google Form below, or PM us your email address.
    http://goo.gl/forms/OfJBYdML5T

Check out the gameplay video here:

2. cbecks_noble

cbecks_noble Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2015
    pixel pusher @ cwade games
    Coquitlam BC
    This looks super fun! Can't wait to try it.

3. DeadCoolApps

DeadCoolApps Active Member

Apr 27, 2015
    App Developer
    Edinburgh
    Awesome! Looks great.

4. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Looks like a lot of fun! Signed up on the form :)

5. Appsolute Games

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Sent you the TestFlight invite - let us know your thoughts!

6. Looks fun! I really enjoy these type of games plus the art style is awesome. I signed up for Testflight :)

7. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    It's a fun game, no doubt, and stylistically it holds up very well - minimalist graphics are lovely, soundtrack is great - but it lacks the addictive factor.
    Gameplay is attractive on paper - tap the screen to jump the main character vertically, flappy style; no horizontal movement here though. Avoid touching rotating or sliding objects in the sky as you ascend and collect stars on the way.
    There are two main quibbles I have with this game which stops it from being as great as it could be - firstly the star system - it's possible to ascend through multiple extremely difficult obstacles without a star in sight, only to start up another run and be greeted with a row of 10 stars right at the beginning. It seems a bit too random.
    Secondly, the obstacles themselves - I guess there's variety enough, at least for a quick fix game like this, even if more is desirable - but sometimes they are arranged in such a way that it is near impossible to pass, or at least not without waiting quite a long time for two hexagons with slightly different spin speeds to align. As of such, some deaths feel unfair.

These two minor quibbles add up to create a bit of an annoying 'unfair' feel to the game - which stops it from being as addictive as it could be.
    Kudos for the very fair ad removal system. The pay what you want model > $1 is very attractive to a lot of players who then tend to feel a little generous :)

8. cbecks_noble

cbecks_noble Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2015
    pixel pusher @ cwade games
    Coquitlam BC
    Can't wait! Just watched the Pocket preview and the game looks like a fantastic score chaser.

9. Appsolute Games

Thanks for the feedback! Coming soon

10. Appsolute Games

Hey guys! Flite will be available right when the clock hits 12:01 am for you on May 21. If you'd like early access, you can fill out the Google form above or PM your email!

11. DarkStyle

DarkStyle Active Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Developer
    A minimalistic very challenging game. Like it. Unfortunately, I kind of miss the addictive factor in this game and I'm not sure if it would keep me playing it for longer. I will give it a try when it comes out. I definitely like the way how the ads are removed... I am always willing to pay more for games I really enjoy playing. Thumbs up for this!

12. Appsolute Games

Thanks for the feedback @DarkStyle!