An Infinity Blade update coming next week!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tsharpfilm, Dec 14, 2010.

1. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
  2. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I was actually not just expecting an update but was expecting the multiplayer one before xmas. oh well, think they're gonna save that one until sales go down to give it a boost maybe.

3. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    But the game just came out last week. :D They're probably still finishing it.

4. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I want to get this and I so want to be into this game, but I am just not feeling it... the gameplay looks so boring... has anyone else felt this, but got it anyways and were glad they did? Like I said I want to get it but it just... meh I dunno. It looks fantastic don't get me wrong. But the gameplay just doesn't look as solid.

5. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Pros: The gameplay is deeper than it looks. You're not just swiping your fingers on the screen to attack. A lot of technique and timing is involved, both of which take time and practice to master. You have to watch the moves of the enemy, know when to dodge, attack, or parry. It's a lot of fun.

Cons: It does become a little repetitive after maybe the 6th or 7th bloodline. Some of the motion capture animations are recycled between the characters, and there are only maybe 8 or 9 enemies to fight total. But I still find Infinity Blade very enjoyable. I've been having blast trying to perfect parrying, and getting my ass kicked by the God King.

6. YouSuckDude

YouSuckDude Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Above My Postcount
    Got it the day of it's release beat it within an hour or so haven't touched it since. I'll be removing it on the 16th to make room

7. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Graphics are very nice and the gameplay feels polished, but unfortunately I found it to get very repetitive quickly. I played 3 bloodlines then got bored. Maybe I'll go back to it someday, but there are plenty of other games I'd rather be playing.

8. 2hvy4grvty

2hvy4grvty Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Good news and bad news imo.

The good:

Updates, NOW!

The bad:

NOW, they have an excuse to hold off on the one update players [who beat the game] are really waiting for: multiplayer and the ability to square off against human opponents.

9. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah this kind of reaffirms that the game is not for me. I'll wait for a (probably never happening) sale and get it cheap. Like I said in the IB thread, it's not that it is badly priced, it's just not for me and don't want to pay full price for it. Might get it if I get a shitload of iTunes credit for Christmas or something but not really counting on it. It does look somewhat fun, just look slike it has little to no replay value.

10. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    I'm in the opposite situation. I can't stop playing at all. It is as enjoyable as fruit ninja to me, keep retrying over and over again. Everything gets harder so you really wanna hone your skills.

Very excited over the update, cant wait :D

11. GoDLiKeBR

GoDLiKeBR Member

Nov 5, 2010
    So, you "finished" the game once and didn't play it anymore? So you barely touched the game.

12. YouSuckDude

YouSuckDude Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Above My Postcount
    It was boring. I found eternal legacy to be the best of the games released that day.

13. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah I am still playing that. Don't have much time to play games anymore so I am only like 5 hours in but it's steady and enjoyable. Just waiting for Aralon.

14. MrStayPuft

MrStayPuft Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Drywall & Drywall Taping
    Toronto
    Just cause you beat the God-King doesn't mean you beat the game.

It kept me busy all weekend trying to unlock as many achievements as I could, and getting up to Level 40, getting the infinity Blade, mastering the weapons. It's the RPG Element to the game that really keeps it going.

I plan on re-starting my player once the update comes out and I will balance my stats better and play through it all again :) Great Game

15. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Not to sound rude, but what is the fun about spamming multiple target attacks, occasional healing and barrier, refill mana (rinse & repeat no less)? Not to mention I really feel like I should be paid to listen to the dialogue of the EL. It doesn't even compare to Final Fantasy games made 15+ years ago (in terms of the quality of game script, character development, character motives, artwork of locations, music, suspense, etc).

Now beating Infinity Blade's level 50 God King is like beating the first Bowser in Super Mario.

16. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    lol To each their own i guess, too bad his alternative was that half baked final fantasy.

17. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

I feel the same way. I've played Eternal Legacy and enjoyed it more than IB.

18. tantrikninja

tantrikninja Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Infinity Blade Hands Dowwwwn!!!!

Best Game Ever!!! In it's own league. It changes Everything See - other free roaming games and what-have-you will (or ought to) incorporate and learn from IB. . . .wht I means to say is that - this is how we should have been fighting the baddies all along. . . .with a swipe that brings down the infinity blade and doom on the heads of our foe's. . . . .Bahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

Kidding. . . .seriously tho. . . . I have been trying to get into the whole gaming thing since them sold us the Nintendo way back when.. . . . and Infinity Blade was the game that I had been waiting all these loooong many years for. . .

19. funkyflychicken

funkyflychicken Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    I wasn't sure about Infinity Blade either, but sprang for it today and don't regret it one bit. Since we know of upcoming updates, that helped sell me. But as you progress, this is no "swipe fast and auto win" game. As stated, you must parry in proper direction/angles, block, use special attacks and magic, combos, etc.

I could see the game as-is getting "old" after a handful of bloodlines maybe, but already we have a new fight, more loot, and multiplayer coming. Well worth a measly six bucks. I've already had loads more fun with Infinity Blade than a lot of premium 60 dollar console titles.

20. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Check back tommorow night at 11 Eastern. And you do realize that Infinity's Blade ISN't free roam?