Best Photo Editing Apps.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by ninjackid, Feb 19, 2013.

1. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Hey guys, sorry if there's already been a thread like this, but I'm looking for some good photo editing apps, preferably free, but paid as well. And I don't mean just apps to add filters to photos like Instagram or something, I mean photo editing apps with some pretty powerful tools, along with abilities to add text with a fair selection of fonts, stuff like that. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Photoshop Express springs to mind, fairly basic as it's essentially a lite version of Photoshop Touch which is about $10 or something. I tend to do most of my editing on the PC version of PS though so I'm not too sharp on what the best apps are.

3. Yeah for free, photoshop express is very good. Probably best. I got iphoto but it is hard to use, kind of complicated.

Ninjackid, I am going to be starting up an Toucharcade photo club where we can post some pictures we have taken, so please join us if you can. Thanks.

Signed,
    Connector
    President of Toucharcade's Photography Club

Attached Files:

4. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Why don't I remember this thread..

5. I remember this thread...

Maybe I should still start the TA Photography Loverz Group. Anyone interested?

6. pupulv

pupulv New Member

May 9, 2013
    well, what operating system are you using right now?

If you're a mac user, then I say Paint.NET and GIMP, both of them are free and you can do basic editing with them . Well, if you're a beginner, then PhotoShop is much too expensive and probably not your priority choice....

Then if you're a win user, consider about PhotoStudio, a photo editing software which has similar features like ps but more easier to edit photos with and more cheap... also it have mac version. You can add photo effects, such as texts. You can also make blurry photos clear, remove background images and so forth in few seconds.

7. Ninjack,

I started using pictool cause it can add text and is pretty easy to use. Has frames, text, cool wheel for adjustments, and some other cool stuff. Its free right now, try it.

Can't believe iphoto can't do text for memes, that sucks.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

8. Kozio235

Kozio235 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Snapseed is by far the best mobile picture editing app

1. Automatically fixes color/shine/glares

2. Its 100% free w/ no iAP

9. There is no way to add text is there? Seems like this and iphoto and photoshop express all can't add text. Anyone know the best photo app for adding text other than pictool?