New pokemon like game for iOS coming, take a look in ZENFORMS: Protectors

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jirayasama, Jan 3, 2012.

1. rooteboy

rooteboy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Student/Beta Tester
    Earth......for now
    Release date?

2. Neo-Dragon

Neo-Dragon Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2012
    The release will be very soon.
    Hopefully I'll be able to give you a specific date in the coming month!

I have a new screenshot.
    [​IMG]
    This is Andrea's ZEN-Shop.
    This is located in the second town in the game called Glenhook.

You'll buy all your items here in Version 1.0 - including the ZENCrystals for capturing ZENFORMS, fruit to feed them, and ZENFORM dolls for you to collect.

3. eastblue

eastblue Member

Apr 16, 2012
    From today, put me down as one of you fans I really love the whole art style of the game, and i can't wait to see more

4. Menno1555

Menno1555 Member

Aug 16, 2011
    How long would you say is the storyline?

5. sezzna

sezzna Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Phew, WHAT A GAME!!! I've spent my weekend playing lil' kingdom, but whenever this game comes out, this is definitely going to be on my list.... Frankly, what I mostly care about is the art style!!!

6. Neo-Dragon

Jan 4, 2012
    Thanks for the comments lads.
    @Menno1555 - the story will be pretty big. When the game is released, it won't have the "full" vision for the story. The reason for this is so I can get the game in your hands sooner. What I'll be doing is updating the game (for free- just check for an update in the App Store) as often as I can adding more content such as maps, quests and adding more to the storyline.

With Version 1.0 - the story will end kinda quickly (the game will tell you) but it's not the "end". Imagine it as like an episode of ZENFORMS, wait until the next update to find out what happens next.
    When it ends, you can keep playing. And keep raising your ZENFORMS.
    Then just get the free update once it's out and it will tell you where to go. Just load up your save file like normal. No need to stop playing while you wait!

I posted this earlier on the CP facebook.
    Of course, I got a lot of "I'll pick charmander" comments lol. But.... Who will you pick?
    [​IMG]
    This was taken from your first day in Protector School. Principal Vicar (a Grand Protector) is giving you your first ZENFORM.

Each Newborn ZENFORM is in the wild. But this first one will have a stat boost.
    Each ZENFORM under the Adult Stage also comes in different colors in the wild. You can even change a ZENFORMS color based on fruit you give it.... See:
    [​IMG]
    That's Freno. The 2 Legged Newborn - his "default" color is red, but you can find him in green and blue lol

I also recorded a quick video to test out some video capture software. It kinda lagged, but this gives you a good look at a little event near the start of the game and making choices in the game! Check it out:

http://youtu.be/5IABi3p_a7M

7. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Loving the art style, Only thing that looks kinda off is the main characters walking motion. If you watch him next to his friend, he seems to twitch while he walks, which is kinda weird.

Any ETA on when the battle system will be revealed? Can't wait to see it in action

8. Menno1555

Menno1555 Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Are the alternate colors also available when you get the first zenform from the principal figure (not really sure what his name was right now)?

9. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    No, the alternate colored zenforms have to be found in the wild.

10. Menno1555

Menno1555 Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Will this game be universal, or will it be only for iPhone, and 2x playable on iPad? Or will there be an Zenforms HD version?

11. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    iPhone only :(. But if it makes you feel any better it should scale well in 2x

12. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    i think this will be universal neo dragon is fair i know it right neo.btw good work and God Bless.

13. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I mean, he's come right out and said that he has no plans to make it universal. I wish he would, because I'll be playing on an iPad, but he's already addressed this earlier in the thread.

14. Izaya

Izaya Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    8th Grade lol
    Behind You
    I can't wait for this game. Still no release date?

15. popblanks

popblanks Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    It's awfully quiet.... I hope Neodragon comes back with good news :)

16. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    Nothing as of yet, though Neo has said it is approaching.

17. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    I believe neo said this june... So be prepared! :p

18. Neo-Dragon

Jan 4, 2012
    Sorry guys for being so quiet lately. I've been super busy working on the game.
    I'm always posting on the Calis Projects Facebook and Twitter so be sure to check it out..

This next part is a copy and paste from the post I made yesterday on the CP forum (just cause I'm still busy lol), but I'm sure you'll like it since I haven't posted in a while.
    Thanks for the support everyone!

- - - - - - - - -

[​IMG]
    Flower animations added. The GIF isn't matching the game capture. The animation flows smoother in the game and doesn't stop.

Update May 20th
    So last week I showed off I added more facial animations (although I think the image is down in the post lol). This week I added more animations - this time to the map. Although very long, and boring to code, I'm glad I did it. Each flower has 3 random animations (which means each time the map loads, each flower might sway differently). That gif is kind of a bad example since the animation of the GIF itself is broken, and it doesn't show all the flower colors, only 2, but it gives you an idea so I guess it serves its purpose.

I posted a new blog mid-week: http://neodragoncp.tumblr.com/. It detailed how I completely remade how my maps feed data to the game engine and how the game engine understood them. This was something that consumed a lot of time, but it is so well planned out and flexible that it will make updates soooo much faster and easier to work on.
    [​IMG]
    This is the hidden data tile layers on the map. Data tiles are now broken up into groups for the engine to read such as "Action Button", "Stand On" and "Person".
    I can also easily expand and make more data tile groups and I have a few ideas for future updates! More information like this on the map will make them more interactive and add more gameplay elements.

Basically, it took up all my time. Since when I added the new tileset for the events, it messed up any of my code for changing tiles on maps (such as changing the street lamps to the "on" tile and back "off"). I had to update all those values as well.

While I was doing this though, I also decided to add to more road maps to Version 1.0. That brings the total outdoor map count in the first release to 6. These include Cozade Town (the home town), the 3 roads leading out from the home town, Glenhook (the second town with the shop), and a road leading off it. Hardcore fans will know I've 11 outdoor maps already fully mapped, but I still don't have Events (story/people) coded on all, so only those 6 will be in Version 1.0. There will be reasons why you won't be able to go onto the other maps though (people blocking your way or whatever- you'll see lol).

Finally, on a random note.
    I dug this image up. I posted a version of it before on my DA (just updated it).
    It shows the evolution of the battle system (and the game really ha).
    [​IMG]

Look at how crazy 2010 looks. Look at Rinba and Freno in 2010, they don't look as cute as they do now.
    To think, I nearly released that version of the game back in early 2011!

That's it for this update!

On a side note
    http://calisprojects.spreadshirt.ie/
    Although mentioned in another thread, I finally set up an online shop for fans to purchase clothes from. You can pay by visa or paypal and it ships worldwide. I managed to cut as much costs as possible (first reveal of this shop showed the prices were really high). The T-shirts are now just €25 and you can change their colors. The hoodies are still a bit pricey and I'm trying to make them cheaper. They are 10 euro cheaper from when I first revealed them, but I'm working on it.
    I do get a small commission from the store (about 10 euro), so if you have the cash, get yourself a T-shirt. I personally am getting a Freno hoodie and will have a picture start of next week I'm sure lol.

19. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    great update!!! I can imagine myself playing the game right now!!!! really craving to play it!!!

20. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    i love every update neo dragon post it makes me more excited to play this game, keep up the good work and God Bless.