iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Hi guys, there Are other hidden fighters to unlock, there are 2 ? When you unlock akuma, i think that there Are gouki and evil ryu.

2. Jenohart

Jenohart Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Australia
    That simply means he was planned to be in the game. I had a quick look in the game files and see nothing related to Evil Ryu.

There are the various .obm, .wav and .mp4 end movie files each relating to every character including Akuma. There is nothing to suggest another Ryu.

Many games have remnants in the coding where characters were planned but perhaps removed or never finished. Relevent example: UMK3. Before the update it had vestigial files of characters not present in the game.

3. Jenohart

Jenohart Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Australia
    Have you actually tried selecting those question marks? They're random icons, to select a random character.

As weird as it sounds, it actually isn't so uncommon for a fighting game to have two random icons, even if only for the sake of character-select screen symmetry.

Also, Gouki is Akuma, that's his Japanese name. You're thinking of the new character Oni in SSFIV Arcade, who is pretty much a playable Shin Akuma.

sorry for the double post, I'm too use to forums that don't allow post editing

4. Probably in future, but now no .

5. fi2-shift

fi2-shift Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2009
    IT at CCC
    Santo Domingo
    I'm pretty sure they'll add more players, as they did with SFIV. Looking at the game's cheap price it's safe to assume they'll sell some players as IAP.

6. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Far out it's a complex science. No wonder I just had 8 losses in a row and then my first win had the opponent drop ><. My avatar, on the other hand, is pretty much owning ... for what it's worth. My left thumb is about done for another week or so though, damn this game :D. Cheers.

7. MokutonMadara

MokutonMadara Active Member

Jun 30, 2011
    No i think only Akuma, with saved character slots for the future updates. The two ? marks are just randoms, ive seen some games with it.. i guess.

My fastest is like 4:50 :p I still got 6 more characters to go thru the game, to bad the battery died and i cant find the cable><

8. soulsearcher

soulsearcher Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    guys, need some help on using the virtual joystick as efficiently as possible

i think I really suck on using that left virtual joystick

sometimes a simple hadouken or shoryuken move I can still screw it

any advise or suggestion how should I use it?

9. Dr.Traveler

Dr.Traveler Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Capcom really needs to add the ability to filter out players with a large amount of disconnects. I just played against a guy with a 10-0-0 record whose player card shows he's a serial disconnecter. Very frustrating.

I've found since I set my condition to equal skill I get less rage disconnects, as no one who does that will have my stellar .500 record ;)

10. tak437

tak437 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Lag?

Has anyone else noticed any lag? It seems to have more stutter and choppiniess than the original SFIV, even in single player mode. Happens mostly when continuing a saved state. If I kill the game in the multitask bar and restart it's much better.

Btw, I'm using an iPhone 4 no jailbreak.

11. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I haven't found it lagging in solo play, but multiplayer can get quite ridiculous.

Anyway, while I was unable to get a win in my last online session, I did just get up to 17 wins in survival mode for Sagat, surely that counts for something :). Well it did ... for an achievement, and just short of another, the last fight was a double KO Sagat vs Sagat, survival is fun! I had only just discovered it in the old version from completing the dojo exercises before Volt came out - I had 4 or 5 characters had unlocked it, now there's no need to bother!

Just one other thing ... am I the only one a bit disturbed by the menu background image? Ken doesn't have a particularly fighting expression, shall we say.

12. Rickyraws

Rickyraws Member

Jul 1, 2011
    I'm really enjoying the game so far. Tryin' to unlock akuma ;)

Anyone play online a lot and want to add me? Here's my ID:Rickyraws

Are friendly match stats separate from ranked?

13. shadon09

shadon09 Member

Jun 23, 2011
    This game runs slow on my iPhone 3G, but it still doesn't take out the fun, and I'm still able to pull off combos. Does any other person with a 2nd gen device have this problem?

14. Tikicobra

Tikicobra Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Why am I always getting interrupted during arcade mode with "a new fighter is approaching" followed by a multiplayer battle? I can't play for more than five seconds without that happening, and it's infuriating.

15. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    You can turn it off in the options.

16. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    It is infuriating. In theory you can turn this off, by tapping the two heads icon at the top middle of the "Solo Game" screen, then turning off auto-accept. But I put this game on my wife's iPhone, turned that off, but my kid just called me saying he keeps getting dumped into online matches anyway! I walked him through it and he found that indeed it was turned off, so he hadn't accidentally turned it back on. Is there some other way that this gets toggle on/off? It's infuriating as hell, indeed.

17. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hit the green button for fight settings and change it to "always off" if you don't wanna get interrupted in solo mode.

18. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Turn off auto invite. Hope it helps :)

19. DusT_HounD

DusT_HounD Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    @soulsearcher:
    best advice: training room! Always bear in mind that you are not using a physical d-pad. Instead, try 'drawing' the motion on the screen, rather than trying to 'press' where a button would be. It worked for me- after the initial mental difficulty of adjusting, i don't have any input problems any more.

20. lolster77

lolster77 New Member

Jul 1, 2011
    For unlocking Akuma, do the online matches have to be ranked? Or do friendly matches work too?