Block Fortress WAR [Foursaken Media] - MOBA + huge armies + Block Fortress

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

#1 Foursaken_Media, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Block Men are weak individually, but have strong ranged weapons and powerful buildings and structures. They rely on map control and forward bases more than any other race.

[​IMG]
    Goblocks fight in large hordes and have versatile - but incredibly shoddy - equipment, though they generally prefer melee combat. Don't be surprised to see weapons backfire or jump pack units explode on impact! Thankfully, they have the numbers to compensate.

[​IMG]
    Zomblocks are a shambling mass of mutant flesh, intent only on destroying their enemies. They have no ranged units and no equipment, but have a wide variety of mutations and a host of support blocks.

Hello everyone, we'd like to introduce our next game, Block Fortress War, a completely redesigned spin-off of the original Block Fortress! This is a brand new game, featuring an intuitive blend of MOBA, RTS, and block building gameplay. It will have both single player, and multi-player PvP modes.

In Block Fortress War, players will first choose one of 4 races. Each race has their own identity, traits and special abilities. Then, they'll choose a hero from that race (each race has 3 totally unique heroes). Finally, players will create and customize their army "creep" squads (each army is unique to the race you choose), choosing from an assortment of equipment and abilities. Creep squads are not directly controlled, but will behave intelligently according to the equipment you give them.

Once in battle, players will control their hero, MOBA style, while huge armies pour out of yours and your opponents base. Push forward, build generators on key resource blocks on the map, and then fortify them with a variety of building blocks and turrets. Gain map control, and be rewarded with a better flow of resources, allowing you to gain access to better units, equipment, and building blocks.

The ultimate goal will be to destroy the enemy's base!

----------------------------------------

Features
    - All new blend of block building, MOBA, and RTS gameplay!
    - Simple to pick up and play, but with tons of depth
    - 4 unique races
    - 3 unique heroes per race, each with their own traits and abilities
    - Build your army units from the ground up - choose their equipment and abilities from a huge list, unique to each race
    - Capture resource points and build powerful defenses
    - Single player campaign
    - PvP
    - Lots more!

----------------------------------------

As always, we'll be hear to answer questions, and we'll also go over each race, their heroes, and their armies in more detail in the following weeks (including unveiling the last 2 races).

2. Cool, like the character graphics, looking forward to it.

3. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    This sounds awesome! You guys really need to just rest though, ever since NY Zombies two you just keep pumping out awesome games at an alarming rate.

4. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Do you guys even sleep? One hit releases and you're already revealing something new. Block Fortress is still my favorite Foursaken game so this is already an instabuy

Also asked this in the MA thread, but it might have gotten buried:

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    OH MAN! Y'all don't slow down, do ya? ;)

CAN'T WAIT

6. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

We just love to make games :p

Re: your question, I'm not sure tbh... its not like we're like, "hey, lets put together a bunch of genres and see what we can make." The starting ideas just form naturally and seem to fit together cohesively. It actually just ends up being easiest to describe our games as a mish-mosh of genres when all is said and done :p

7. krillin63

krillin63 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2013
    ooooooooooooooohh

awsome another good game!!!

8. lj_nonstop

lj_nonstop Member

Nov 30, 2011
    So much potential

Wow I played the first one and was great, but the controls were lacking, I maybe this one will fix that (maybe those controllers everyone is talking about).

9. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    This is totally the direction I felt Block Fortress should go next, armies versus armies, as you have so many enemies at once in coop mode it makes total sense to have armies versus armies... will it be FPS or is that still in the works?

10. Pham

Pham Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Denmark
    Yep, subscribed. The Goblocks look awesome!

11. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

There is no FPS at all in Block Fortress War - everything is done from overhead perspective, similar to a MOBA (but Block Fortress War has the original Block Fortress camera controls to allow for precise building, zooming in, etc).

So basically the only unit you directly control is your hero - its as simple as tap on ground to move, or tap on an enemy to attack them. Each hero also has 3-4 abilities.

12. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Sounds absolutely brilliant. Can't wait!

13. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    Wow this looks amazing. I have bought every Forsaken Media game and right now I am so hooked on Monster Adventures but this has me excited for the future. Its cool that you are tweaking earlier successful titles and making new games with them. Can't get enough of your games.

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Now this, a Foursaken Media MOBA, i will throw money at. Gimme them heroes.

15. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Don't forget its definitely not a traditional MOBA though - there is a lot more emphasis on customizing and using your creeps, whereas in LoL for ex they're a bit more like fodder.

In Block Fortress War there is also a very strategic element of "melee vs ranged" combat. Ranged units don't shoot in melee, and usually have very weak attacks, so it will be important strategy for ex to occupy heavy weapons teams in melee so they can't shoot.

16. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Oh my god

17. lappjeff

lappjeff New Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Is there an estimated release date??

18. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    ...so, this makes me think Warhammer 3000AD: Dawn of War a little bit, then, with some forward base building... unique! man, I need to fire that game up again..

19. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

We're shooting for a Dec - Jan release date.

We have definitely been hugely influenced by both the Warhammer 40k universe and the Dawn of War series - one of our personal favorite RTS of all time.

20. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    so there are only 3*4=12 heroes? How many heroes are there on the map at the same time in one battle?